Nintendo Europe has today announced exactly when European consumers can get their hands on the Nintendo 3DS version of Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. We haven’t got too long to wait as the game will be available for purchase on Friday, April 8th. In case you missed it, Famitsu reviewed the Nintendo 3DS version of the sporting title and you can check out how it did, right here! The Wii U version will be coming at a later date.
Japanese gaming publication Famitsu is one of the first to review the Japanese version of Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games on Nintendo 3DS and you will no doubt be eager to see just how well it fared. As you know, there’s four reviewers for a single game and in the case of Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games the game received a 9/8/8/8, which gives it a grand total of 33 out of 40.
- Attack on Titan (PS4) – 8/9/9/8 [34/40]
- Attack on Titan (PS3) – 8/9/9/8 [34/40]
- Attack on Titan (PSV) – 8/9/9/8 [34/40]
- Hardware: Rivals (PS4) – 7/7/8/7 [29/40]
- Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna (PS4) – 8/8/8/8 [32/40]
- Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna (PSV) – 8/8/8/8 [32/40]
- Kan Colle Kai (PSV) – 7/7/8/7 [29/40]
- Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (3DS) – 9/8/8/8 [33/40]
- Nazo no Mini-Game: Choigae (3DS) – 6/8/6/9 [29/40]
- Street Fighter V (PS4) – 10/8/8/9 [35/40]
Sanrio and Bergsala Lightweight today announce the release of a delightful cooking and rhythm experience!
Get ready to cook up a storm, because Hello Kitty is back with an all-new rhythm action experience on Nintendo 3DS family consoles – one that’s really packed with flavor!
Join Hello Kitty and her friends as they hit the kitchen in this fun-packed cookery caper, jammed with mini games designed with young players in mind.
Learn the joys of cooking and the power of rhythm simultaneously while making new friends and coming up with tasty treats to the beat.
Cute visuals, lots of unlockables and the option to create your own Hello Kitty-themed photos come together for hours of fun, all in the cute and lovable style that is Hello Kitty.
To learn more about Hello Kitty’s Magic Apron, please visit Bergsala Lightweight’s official website: http://www.bergsala-lightweight.com/us/magicapron
This week’s software and hardware charts are in from Japan courtesy of Media Create. It’s been a bad week for Wii U hardware sales as the console only sold 3,939 units which is quite a substantial drop from the previous week. As we reported yesterday there appears to be a Wii U stock shortage in Japan with a number of retailers waiting for stock to replenish, so this could explain it. The Nintendo 3DS was the second best-selling console just behind Sony’s PlayStation 4. Here’s the best-selling hardware and software this week!
Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)
- [PS4] Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 (Bandai Namco, 02/04/16) – 64,446 (New)
- [PSV] Dragon Quest Builders (Square Enix, 01/28/16) – 46,391 (224,407)
- [PS4] Dragon Quest Builders (Square Enix, 01/28/16) – 37,784 (174,153)
- [PS3] Dragon Quest Builders (Square Enix, 01/28/16) – 19,151 (72,305)
- [Wii U] Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (Nintendo, 01/28/16) – 17,856 (73,187)
- [3DS] Monster Hunter X (Capcom, 11/27/15) – 13,391 (2,674,914)
- [Wii U] Splatoon (Nintendo, 05/28/15) – 11,816 (1,240,225)
- [3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team / White Dog Squad (Level-5, 07/11/15) – 10,171 (2,193,737)
- [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (SCE, 03/19/15) – 8,926 (651,150)
- [PS4] Yakuza: Kiwami (Sega, 01/21/16) – 8,046 (131,562)
- [3DS] Monster Strike (Mixi, 12/17/15) – 7,891 (787,645)
- [PS3] Yakuza: Kiwami (Sega, 01/21/16) – 7,243 (85,262)
- [3DS] Hyrule Warriors Legends (Koei Tecmo, 01/21/16) – 6,685 (76,338)
- [Wii U] Super Mario Maker (Nintendo, 09/10/15) – 6,134 (790,345)
- [PS4] Just Cause 3 (Square Enix, 01/21/16) – 4,414
- [PSV] Sangoku Rensenki: Omoide Gaeshi CS Edition (Prototype, 02/04/16) – 4,359 (New)
- [PS4] Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 (Koei Tecmo, 01/28/16) – 3,950 (24,051)
- [PS4] Rainbow Six Siege (Ubisoft, 12/10/15) – 3,868 (68,593)
- [3DS] Disney Magical World 2 (Bandai Namco, 11/05/15) – 3,659 (270,985)
- [PS3] Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 (Koei Tecmo, 01/28/16) – 3,528 (18,959)
Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)
- PlayStation 4 – 31,158 (32,557)
- PlayStation Vita – 23,090 (45,114)
- New 3DS LL – 19,991 (22,593)
- New 3DS – 4,389 (4,978)
- Wii U – 3,939 (8,931)
- 3DS – 2,705 (3,298)
- PlayStation 3 – 1,715 (1,993)
- 3DS LL – 459 (558)
- Xbox One – 286 (92)
Popular Pokemon fansite Serebii has posted some scans of the new Pokemon that was teased in the last edition of CoroCoro. The brand new Pokemon is called Magiana and is described as a Man-Made Pokemon, but its type has yet to be announced. Magiana posses a metallic body and the Japanese magazine says that it was ‘made by human hands’ 500 years ago. Volcanion is chasing Magiana, only it knows Magiana’s secret. The upcoming movie is to be called Volcanion and the Exquisite Magiana or Mechanical Magiana.
In the latest issue of Japanese publication CoroCoro, there was promise of major news in the next issue surrounding information about a new Pokémon.
In a trailer for the latest issue of the magazine there is a silhouette of Magiana, the new Pokémon, at the bottom of the cover. You can see it in the picture below:
We’ll have to wait until the next issue is released to find out what information will be revealed, but we will keep you posted as soon as any news comes to light.
In a recent interview with The World Folio, Hajime Satomi, President and CEO of the Sega Sammy Holdings Inc, confirmed that the Sonic The Hedgehog movie will be hitting the big screens in 2018. The movie will be a live action and animation hybrid, and is part of the Sega Sammy Group’s plans to expand the Sonic brand into new entertainment areas.
Sega Sammy Group is currently planning with Sony Pictures to create a live-action and animation hybrid “Sonic the Hedgehog” movie scheduled for release in 2018. Like with this CG animation production, we would like to expand our business into other entertainment areas beyond what we are currently involved.
There has been a couple of snippets of information regarding Sonic lately, we recently posted about Takashi Iizuka’s hopes for Sonic’s future and Big Red Button speaking out about Sonic Boom. It seems the team are working hard on rebuilding the brand after the backlash from Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.