Nintendo has announced that the newest batch of concerts, Super Mario Bros. 30th Anniversary Live, will be going on tour… only in Japan. The concert will feature the Super Mario Special Band as well as people who have worked on the series throughout the 30 year history. Chances are Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka will be making an appearance. Tickets will cost somewhere between $70.52 for the better seats to $61.71 for the “lawn seats.”
Would you like to see a similar concert make it’s way by you?
Nintendo has made a new update for Splatoon available for download. Update version 1.3.0 implements a number of new additions to the Wii U shooter, including several changes to Splatfest and minor adjustments to special weapons and abilities. Full patch notes for update 1.3.0 are listed below:
- When there are more members on one team than the other and the match-making process takes too long, members from the same team will be able to battle each other
- Members will still receive Splatfest Points even when they battle against members of the same team
- Note: Only the results from matches against the opposing team will be included in the overall Splatfest results
- Adjustments have been made to allow some players at random to participate as early as 5 minutes prior to the official start time of Splatfest in order to make for a more pleasant gaming experience (Note: All players will be able to participate once the event begins)
- This adjustment was made to lighten the server load at the beginning of the Splatfest
- Adjustments have been made to the number of Super Sea Snails distributed to members of the losing team that have earned either of the top two Splatfest rank titles
Special Weapon Adjustments:
- Inkstrike: The amount of area covered will be more consistent regardless of where it lands
- Kraken: The amount of knockback is increased when taking damage from an opponent while using Kraken
- Ninja Squid: Swim speed will be lowered when using this ability
- Stealth Jump: The amount of time it takes to Super Jump will be longer when using this ability
- Ink Resistance Up: The effects with respect to the amount of damage and speed when moving through enemy ink will be adjusted
- Other adjustments will be made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience
Yacht Club Games has announced today that the extremely well-received Shovel Knight has shifted over 700,000 copies digitally worldwide. Considering the title is a downloadable game this is quite an achievement for Yacht Club Games. We also heard earlier today that there will be a retail version of Shovel Knight for Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. There will also be a PC version launching in Europe only. You can read more about that, here.
It’s been a year since Shovel Knight dug into the hearts of people everywhere. Can you believe it? With more than 700,000 copies sold and over 100 awards including many Game of the Year accolades, Shovel Knight’s phenomenal success is something we never dreamed possible. Now, we’re ready to take the next step: into the REAL WORLD!!
The initial response to Metroid Prime: Federation Force at this year’s E3 probably wasn’t what Nintendo had anticipated. However, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime says that the company has no problems transforming beloved franchises and making them feel new again. Reggie also said that fans shouldn’t worry about Metroid Prime: Federation Force and asks them to trust him and the company to ultimately deliver a great game.
“We’re taking our great IP and transforming them and making them new again — making them fresh and appealing for the fan who feels they know the franchise. But we’re giving them new things to enjoy.”
“What the fan at home saw was something in the Metroid Prime universe that they weren’t expecting. The reaction has been negative. There’s no sugar coating it.”
“This is an example where fans who aren’t able to get their hands on the game may be at a bit of a competitive disadvantage. Everyone who has played what we are showing regarding Metroid Prime, they’ve come across really pleased,” he continued. “My ask is that fans trust us.”
“Mr. Aonuma has said that he is challenging many of the conventional wisdoms of Zelda gaming in this new Zelda, and that’s what we do. We believe we have to do that to keep the franchises fresh,” Fils-Amie said.
“We believe that in order to propel the franchises forward, we have to be the ones to constantly challenge the paradigms, challenge the conventional wisdom, challenge what we thought was the essence of the particular franchise, and a particular form of gameplay.”
July will be featuring some Etrian Odyssey love, as Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight will be getting an eShop Demo on July 14th. Similar to prior Etrian demos, players will be able to sample the first section of the story mode and save data (which can then be transferred if you purchase the full game). Alongside this announcement was the video (seen below) reveal of the new class, “the Protector.” Unlike other classes, the Protector’s role is to boost the defenses of the party and act as a damage sponge.
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight is the reamke of Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard. The game is set to release exclusively on Nintendo 3DS on August 4th in North America and February 12, 2016 in Europe.
One of the hits of last year was Shovel Knight which was praised by both players and critics alike. The game managed to receive an average Metascore of 91 which is an extremely impressive feat for an old school designed platformer. And yes, before you ask, there will be a retail version for both the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions. If you’d like to play on another platform then you can also purchase it for the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4. The game is coming North America on October 13th and to Europe on October 16th. Here’s what it contained in the box.
The physical version of Shovel Knight contains everything we’ve released so far. First, there is the original Shovel Knight campaign with all the content you know and love! Also included is Shovel Knight’s first content update: Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows. Finally, there’s a full-featured Challenge mode with more than 50 crazy challenge levels to explore!
Of course, like the digital version, every boxed version will also receive FREE future updates as they become available:
- Specter Knight’s Campaign – A full campaign starring the shadowy scythe spinner!
- King Knight’s Campaign – A crazy campaign with the gilded goob himself!
- Battle Mode – Duel with up to 4 players as your favorite heroic or villainous knight! (Wii U/PS4/XB1/PC exclusive)
- Body Swap Mode – Did you ever wish Shovel Knight was a lady, or Shield Knight was a dude? Well, now you’ll be able to change them all around, along with the rest of the cast!
Oh, and one more thing: every boxed copy of Shovel Knight will include a lavish instruction booklet similar to the Kickstarter reward. No 2-page inserts here! You deserve a full manual, to hold in your hot little shaking hands and pore over as you wait to get home!
Amazon Mexico has just started selling physical items on their marketplace and the first item sold was a Fire Emblem themed amiibo figure. Yes, Ike was the first physical item that has been sold on Amazon Mexico, which is probably extremely good marketing for Nintendo as mainstream sites begin to pick up on the news. Amiibo spotters also noticed that the site had a number of rare amiibo figures to purchase, but they could only be bought by those in Mexico.