Inti Creates has revealed that those of you who purchase Azure Striker Gunvolt will be able to get Mighty Gunvolt for free. The offer is available for those who purchase Azure Striker Gunvolt during the first three months. The game launches on the Nintendo 3DS eShop on August 29th for $14.99.
Michael Condrey, the Co-Founder of Sledgehammer Games and developer behind Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, says that the highly anticipated game won’t be coming to Wii U. Condrey says it was Activision’s decision and that the team are concentrating on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC versions of the game. Condrey also confirmed that Treyarch won’t be making a version.
Recent sales numbers from Famitsu state that the recently released Hyrule Warriors had a much better début than The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD in Japan. Famitsu says Hyrule Warriors sold 78,773 units in its opening week and The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD only shifted 31,154 units when it was released in September 2013.
This week’s Japanese software and hardware sales figures are now in thanks to Media Create. The recently released Hyrule Warriors entered the Japanese all-formats chart at number two and has subsequently boosted Wii U hardware sales this week. The Wii U sold 18K compared to the previous week when it only sold 13K. The Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation Vita remain on top once again.
- [3DS] Yokai Watch 2: Ganso / Honke (Level-5, 07/10/14) – 118,526 (2,212,518)
- [Wii U] Hyrule Warriors (Koei Tecmo, 08/14/14) – 69,090 (New)
- [3DS] Yoshi’s New Island (Nintendo, 07/24/14) – 29,933 (144,162)
- [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo, 05/29/14) – 28,221 (627,635)
- [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2 (Bandai Namco, 08/07/14) – 27,273 (108,857)
- [PSV] Monster Hunter Frontier G Beginners Package (Capcom, 08/13/14) – 21,169 (New)
- [PS3] Ultra Street Fighter IV (Capcom, 08/07/14) – 11,604 (53,931)
- [3DS] Taiko Drum Master: Don and Katsu’s Space-Time Great Adventure (Bandai Namco, 06/26/14) – 10,879 (138,721)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch (Level-5, 07/11/13) – 10,420 (1,245,042)
- [3DS] Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson (Marvelous, 08/07/14) – 9,624 (56,119)
- [3DS] Pokemon Art Academy (Nintendo, 06/19/14) – 6,644 (91,232)
- [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V Low Price Version (06/26/14) – 6,286 (45,283)
- [3DS] Pokemon X / Y (Pokemon, 10/12/13) – 6,053 (4,127,888)
- [3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 12/01/11) – 5,535 (2,368,112)
- [3DS] Mario Party: Island Tour (Nintendo, 03/20/14) – 4,728 (423,075)
- [3DS] Gundam Try Age SP (Bandai Namco, 07/17/14) – 4,705 (41,748)
- [PSV] Freedom Wars (SCEJ, 06/26/14) – 4,542 (280,209)
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo, 11/08/12) – 4,447 (3,774,698)
- [PSV] Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (Bandai Namco, 04/24/14) – 3,984 (238,539)
- [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 (Capcom, 09/14/13) – 3,796 (3,327,503)
- 3DS LL – 42,365 (33,172)
- PlayStation Vita – 20,825 (17,084)
- Wii U – 18,161 (13,598)
- 3DS – 9,429 (7,873)
- PlayStation 4 – 6,913 (5,470)
- PlayStation 3 – 6,260 (6,486)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 1,491 (1,344)
- PSP – 416 (301)
- Xbox 360 – 160 (151)
Smealum, the renowned French coder, has announced that a Homebrew Channel for the Nintendo 3DS is coming very soon. The new Homebrew Channel will work on current Nintendo 3DS firmware versions and should also allow you to play games from any region. However, you can’t run commercial or pirated 3DS ROMS.
- It works on the latest 3DS firmware, unlike previous hacks that require outdated versions from a year and a half ago
- This will not load commercial or pirated 3DS ROMs, only homebrew apps and games (though it will be able to run emulators like this SNES one for 3DS)
- It will support North American, European, and Japanese systems
- While Smealum hasn’t implemented region unlocking yet, he says “playing games from other region[s] should almost definitely be possible”
- Presumably you’ll need a homebrew device to patch your system once Smealum releases the hack.
Nintendo employee Toshiaki Suzuki has informed visitors of Nintendo’s social network Miiverse that there are mysterious travellers scattered around Wii Street U. Suzuki says that you can use the hints in the above image by using the Record button to find them.
Hello, this is Toshiaki Suzuki from Nintendo. We’ve confirmed that there are new mysterious travelers hidden in Wii Street U! Use the hints below by utilizing the Records button to find them!
James Bond actor Pierce Brosnan recently appeared on American TV show The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. It wouldn’t be complete without Fallon inviting Pierce Brosnan to play the iconic Nintendo 64 shooter, GoldenEye 007. You can watch the pair getting to grips with the legendary first person shooter in amusing ways, above.
Thanks, Barry D
We heard rumours a few months back that Resident Evil: Revelations 2 is in development when a Russian site began listing the title for a number of platforms. Things have taken a step further today as the box-art for the game was hosted on xbox.com. The game was listed for PlayStation 4, Xbox, One, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. Here’s some rumoured information about the story.
There are three returning characters. Two female and one male. Two haven’t been seen in over a decade and one has never had an “in-game” appearance. Guess away. That’s more than enough.”
“Regarding the one who doesn’t appear in-game, I should be a little more specific(because I’m sure someone will call me a liar for being too general). They are mentioned in games but are a background character with no “active” appearance yet. It’s not someone from the movies/comics.”
Japanese retailer Tsutaya, which is the largest retail chain in Japan, has said that Hyrule Warriors is performing well. The Tsutaya charts list Hyrule Warriors as the third best-selling game this week. We should get official sales data from Media Create tomorrow.
The Obon Season [a three day Japanese festival made to honor ancestral spirits] saw strong sales over last year. Especially for the released Wii U software title Hyrule Warriors, with hardware sales going very well. The Wii U software division recorded sales nearly four times that of the previous year.
Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime has announced via Twitter that he will participate in the Ice Bucket Challenge. He was recently asked by Phil Spencer, who is head of Xbox, if he would join him in the challenge. The event is to raise awareness for ALS research.
Thanks, Holonboy and Kallum S