On August 5th Splatoon will be getting a huge update which brings a large amount of fresh new content to the game. As you can see from the patch notes – which are detailed below – there’s a comprehensive amount of changes including Squad Battle and Private Battle matchmaking options. If you want to know about everything that will be appearing as part of the content update then read on.
– Level cap has been increased to LV50.
— At LV20, when you enter the lobby and listen to the explanation, your level cap will be increased.
Ranked Battle Changes
– S and S+ ranks have been added.
— you can only progress in S and S+ rank in Ranked Battle (not Squad Battles).
— you will not gain or lose rank points contributing towards S and S+ in Squad Battles.
– Adjusted win/loss point calculations in Ranked Battle.
– If your rank changes while playing in Ranked Battle, you will automatically be returned to the lobby.
– New gear has been added, and will randomly appear for purchase in shops.
– New BGM has been added, and will be added to the random battle BGM rotation.
– At the conclusion of Splatfest, the win percentage contribution multiplier has been changed from 2x to 4x.
– Urchin Underpass: Significantly modified the layout in all modes.
– Saltspray Rig: Modified the layout in Tower Control.
– Arowana Mall: Modified the layout in Splat Zones.
– Kelp Dome: Modified the layout in Splat Zones and Tower Control.
– Moray Towers: Modified the layout in Splat Zones and Tower Control.
Special Weapon updates
– Inkzooka: Increased the points required to fill the gauge from 180p to 220p.
– Echolocator: Increased the points required to fill the gauge from 180p to 200p.
– Killer Wail: Decreased the points required to fill the gauge from 180p to 160p.
※Numbers reflect rates before Special Charge Up is applied.
– Splash Wall: Corrected the amount of damage bombs would deal to the Splash Wall in rare cases.
– Tenacity: if a match starts with one team already having a fewer number of players, the special gauge now fills up when the match actually begins instead of beforehand.
– Special Charge Up: normalized the amount of special you get based on the amount of turf painted if you have a lot of Special Charge Up equipped, so painting large areas now gives you much more meter than before.
Battle SFX updates
– Made it easier to tell what direction an Inkstrike is coming from.
– Made it easier to hear SFX from certain long-range attacks.
– Other quality of life updates.
Source / Via