According to a website promoting the music for Fire Emblem If, as of December 2014 the most recent game in the Fire Emblem series, Fire Emblem Awakening, has sold 1.79 million copies. And now Fire Emblem If will be released on June 25th in celebration of the series’ 25th anniversary. Do you think Fire Emblem If will do as well as Fire Emblem Awakening, or better?
Fire Emblem – Nintendo’s SRPG series that has been beloved by fans for 25 years. The most recent entry, Fire Emblem Awakening, sold 1.79 million copies worldwide (as of December 2014), and now, this world-beloved series’ latest entry, “Fire Emblem if”, will be released to celebrate the 25th anniversary.
If you’re looking to purchase a new Nintendo 3DS game then you might want to think about buying it from Best Buy. The US retailer is offering gamers the chance to buy one Nintendo 3DS game and get a second for half price. That’s not a bad deal and there’s plenty of games to be had including Super Smash Bros and The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D. You can check out the deal here.
For one day only. Take your fun on the go, with these great games for your Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL or the New Nintendo 3DS XL. When you buy one Nintendo 3DS game by Nintendo, you’ll get a second 50% off. Plus, Gamers Club Unlocked members get an additional 20% off.
Nintendo of America has announced exactly which titles will be available for download. This week sees the release of Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition and Swords & Soldiers 2. You can watch some exciting footage from Swords & Soldiers 2 in the video embedded above. This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- NintendoeShop on Nintendo3DS
- Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition – Two puzzling RPG adventures await you! Rescue Princess Peach from Bowser in Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition or defeat the evil group Paradox by battling enemies with the awesome power of Orbs in Puzzle & Dragons Z. Drag and match Orbs, and chain together combos to deal massive blows to your enemies. Then bolster your forces with hundreds of unique monsters in this two-in-one game pack.
- NintendoeShop on Wii U
- Swords & Soldiers II – Sharpen your beard and groom your axe! The 2D strategy hit is back! Swords & Soldiers II is filled to the brim with gorgeous hand-animated artwork, endless replayability and heaps of good old fun. Command the Vikings, Persians and Demons as you conquer the epic campaign or face off with your friends in local multiplayer. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Mega Man Zero 2 – Mega May continues with this Game Boy Advance classic! Zero must rejoin Ciel and the other Resistance fighters to stand a chance against Neo Arcadia. But when a commander decides that unsealing a dark, evil entity is the only option left, Zero will have to equip powerful abilities and weapons to turn the tides of war.
- SUPER E.D.F. Earth Defense Force – In this Super NES shoot-’em-up, guide your special mechanized fighter, the XA-1, against the mysterious alien forces known as AGYMA. Protect the earth from the enemy invasion by using various high-tech weapons. Dodge enemy attacks as you fly through six areas of super-fast, side-scrolling action and intense firepower.
Nintendo eShop Sales:
- NintendoeShop on Wii U and Nintendo3DS
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton’s Robotic Revenge on Wii Uand Nintendo 3DS is 50 percent off until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 28.
- NintendoeShop on Wii U
- Bombing Bastards is 28 percent off (reduced from $6.99 to $4.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on May 25 until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 1.
- Master Reboot is 50 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $7.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 18.
- Shiny the Firefly is 30 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $6.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 20.
- NintendoeShop on Nintendo3DS
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
- New themes this week include:
- Swapnote: Nikki and Friends
Also new this week:
The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo announced today the upcoming release of the Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon game for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the latest installment of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series that has sold more than 13 million units worldwide. Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon will be available in North America in winter 2015. Players can look forward to even greater, randomly created dungeons that change each time they enter. In Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, players will battle alongside Legendary and Mythical Pokémon to save the world in a sweeping tale of adventure and mystery.
To push the New Nintendo 3DS XL in North America, Nintendo of America have released a couple of new commercials to show off the system and its games. It seems like the two commercials might be aimed at either gender. One features a blue background with a male voice-over, and one features a pink background with a female voice-over and a different set of games, implying they might be more aimed towards girls. What do you think of the new commercials?
Good news for fans of Nintendo Minute because we’ve got an extra video this week! Stepping aside from AMAZE-INK MAY, which will continue this Friday, Kit and Krysta sat down to take a look at the Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition. The game is out now so if you’re not sure whether to buy it, see if you like what you see in the video! What do you think of the look of Puzzle & Dragons?
The latest charts from Japan courtesy of Media Create have arrived, and it hasn’t been a great week for sales. The PlayStation 4 Final Fantasy X is a brand new entry that has taken the top spot, but only with 15,913 sales. Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition is still the top selling Nintendo 3DS game, and Mario Kart 8 is the top selling Wii U game. However, console sales have dropped significantly from last week, with the Nintendo 3DS falling from 26K to 16K and Wii U dropping back down to 6K from 11K. Take a look at the charts yourself and see what you think:
Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)
- [PS4] Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster (Square Enix, 05/14/15) – 15,913 (New)
- [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition (GungHo Online Entertainment, 04/30/15) – 13,844 (232,683)
- [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (SCE, 03/19/15) – 11,303 (155,278)
- [3DS] Girls Mode 3: Kirakira Code (Nintendo, 04/16/15) – 7,422 (128,213)
- [PS4] Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (Take-Two, 05/14/15) – 6,922 (New)
- [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo, 05/29/14) – 5,405 (989,307)
- [3DS] Bravely Second: End Layer (Square Enix, 04/23/15) – 5,260 (134,905)
- [Wii U] Xenoblade Chronicles X (Nintendo, 04/30/15) – 4,236 (101,511)
- [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire (Pokemon, 11/21/14) – 3,648 (2,622,489)
- [PS4] Dying Light (Warner Bros., 04/16/15) – 3,252 (44,450)
- [Wii U] Mario Party 10 (Nintendo, 03/12/15) – 3,204 (140,963)
- [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo, 09/13/14) – 3,133 (2,230,716)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch 2: Shinuchi (Level-5, 12/14/14) – 2,723 (2,606,206)
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo, 11/08/12) – 2,439 (3,972,933)
- [Wii U] Dragon Quest X: Legend of the Ancient Dragon Online (Square Enix, 04/30/15) – 2,300 (105,342)
- [PS4] Tropico 5 (Square Enix, 04/23/15) – 2,133 (17,997)
- [3DS] Theatrhythm Dragon Quest (Square Enix, 03/26/15) – 2,072 (117,161)
- [Wii U] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Nintendo, 12/06/14) – 2,041 (636,111)
- [3DS] Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (Nintendo, 04/02/15) – 1,944 (84,347)
- [PS3] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2015 (Konami, 03/26/15) – 1,863 (100,345)
Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)
- PlayStation 4 – 11,489 (15,992)
- New 3DS LL – 11,340 (17,875)
- PlayStation Vita – 10,685 (17,273)
- Wii U – 6,428 (11,137)
- New 3DS – 3,483 (5,446)
- PlayStation 3 – 2,964 (4,351)
- 3DS LL – 790 (1,358)
- 3DS – 742 (1,413)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 439 (665)
- Xbox One – 148 (187)