Nintendo of America has declared war on the other console manufactures by producing the infographic which you can see above. The company says there are more great games on Nintendo platforms than anywhere else and has stats and figures to prove it. Thankfully it’s all done in a nice way, but it does prove a point that the Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS are home to some great games.
Thanks to those who sent this in.
Well, those Nintendo 3DS themes you’ve been waiting for have arrived in the US. There’s an assortment of themes including a lovely blue Super Mario theme and also the Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D theme. Each theme is available on the Nintendo 3DS Theme Shop for $1.99. Which theme are you going to purchase?
- Super Mario: Blue
- A Merry Mario Holiday
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf: Jingle’s Toy Day
- Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
Thanks to those who sent this in.
The Pokémon Company International just released a new trailer with tips and tricks on how Trainers can complete some of the game’s side quests and strengthen their team even further. The video features:
- How StreetPass can help Trainers encounter up to 10 Mirage Spots a day
- Where certain Mega Stones are hidden throughout the Hoenn region
- How to receive partner Pokémon like Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott
- Fun mini games that help Trainers build up their own Secret Bases while discovering others
Sega has released a new trailer that highlights the Sonic the Hedgehog themes for the Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu. The 3DS Theme Shop offers themes based on the new Sonic Boom franchise and several characters from the Sonic universe, including Shadow, Amy and the Chao species. Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal is also available exclusively on Nintendo 3DS. Developed by Sanzaru Games, the action-adventure title focuses on Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and newcomer Sticks as they work as a team to save Amy and locate the Crystal before it’s too late.
We already know that the Wii U is currently the second best-selling console in France, but how about software sales for Nintendo platforms in the country? Well, thankfully Nintendo deputy general manager Philippe Lavoue is at hand to dish out some healthy figures. Here’s the information he shared with Le Figaro.
- He talks about amiibo, which are quite successful (though he doesn’t give any number other than the 200k target for this year). All figures are quite popular, though some are harder to find (Kirby and Wii Fit Trainer)
- Smash Bros. for 3DS sold 220k since launch. Special bundle with 3DS XL + game back in stores this week.
- Smash Bros. Wii U : still 200k target, though could get higher with christmas. They also confirm the Smash Bros + Basic Wii U bundle.
- Wii U sold 490k (vs 340k in May). Still expecting 550k by the end of the year, and the Smash Bros. bundle should help.
- Tomodachi Life sold over 400k units in France, and over 1m in Europe (200k in Germany). Only 10k of the 2DS + TL bundle left in France.
- Pokémon OR/AS : over 400k units sold in 3 weeks. Expecting 500/540k by the end of the year.
- Disney Magical World : all units for launch have been sold (50k), and there’s already been new stocks sent to retailers. Surprised by this.
- NSMB2 becoming hard to find, as it’s been selling roughly 14K/week in the past few weeks.
- Animal Crossing : New Leaf selling ~15k/week at the moment.
Wondering which games you can get your hands on this week from the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U eShop? Well wonder no more as here’s the goodies that are available. Leading the pack is Mega Man Zero for the Game Boy Colour on the Wii U Virtual Console. Those looking ahead will be pleased to know that Duck Hunt for the NES will be available to download on Christmas Day. As if you won’t have enough to play. Anyway, here’s the games for this week in the US.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Natsume Championship Wrestling – Choose between 12 wrestlers, each equipped with dynamic moves, and jump into the ring for some fierce competition. Play solo, or compete with up to four players in exhibition, tag-team or round-robin matches.
- Mega Man Zero – In this Game Boy Advance classic, after waking from a deep slumber, play as Zero in a fight for survival. Jump, climb and dash through an unstable world that struggles to keep peace between humans and Reploids. Upgrade weapons and collect helpful Cyber-Elves to conquer the destructive forces headed your way.
Nintendo eShop Sales:
- NintendoeShop on Wii U and Nintendo3DS
- Celebrate a Mega Anniversary with a Big Sale!– The Nintendo eShop is celebrating Mega Man’s anniversary by offering up to 50 percent off select Mega Man games until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 22. Let the Mega Man anniversary Sale begin!
- Art of Balance, Nano Assault Neo and many more games from Shin’en on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 14.
- SteamWorld Dig is 50 percent off on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 1.
- NintendoeShop on Wii U
- Little Inferno is more than 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 1 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
- NintendoeShop on Nintendo3DS
- 1001 Spikes, VVVVVV and other fun games from Nicalis are on sale starting at 9 a.m. PT on Dec. 19 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 5 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- More NintendoeShop Discounts
- Check Out Deals on Other Great Games! – Head to the Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS and look under “Price Drops” to find out more about these great deals. Visit www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers for more information.
- Duck Hunt (Virtual Console on Wii U) – Grab your Wii Remote controller! It’s duck season and your trusty hunting dog is ready to scour the open fields. Test your sharp-shooting skills as your targets take flight in this legendary NES classic. Be quick to knock them out of the skies, or your canine companion won’t hesitate to make you the laughing stock of hunters. Need a change in scenery? Best your score against clay pigeon targets instead. Duck Hunt will be available on Dec. 25.
Also new this week:
Those lucky Japanese will be getting a boxed release of the Sega 3D Classics range on the Nintendo 3DS. The news was revealed today by Sega who also provided us with the lovely video above showcasing past hits. This Japanese only collection contains Space Harrier, Fantasy Zone, Outrun, Streets of Rage, Shinobi III and Ecco The Dolphin. Let’s cross out fingers and hope it comes to the west.