Super Smash Bros designer Masahiro Sakurai has revealed the final design for the bottom screen on the Nintendo 3DS version of Super Smash Bros. Sakurai says it took a long while to create because the bottom screen now displays images matching each game mode.
Pic of the day. For the first time ever, I present to you…the main menu for the 3DS version!! The icons are even animated. The design concept may look similar if you’ve played other games I’ve worked on. But we had a hard time making this one because…
The bottom screen displays pictures matching each mode! This was quite a task for the UI (User Interface) designers, but they made it happen. Kudos to them! You can tap the screen to look up additional info like how to play–complete with diagrams.
Thanks, Jayden and Dekuplushdoll
Nintendo has released another system update for Nintendo 3DS. According to the company’s website, the new update adds further improvements to overall system stability. It also implements other minor adjustments to enhance the user experience. The handheld received another minor system update earlier this month.
Beloved Nintendo character Wario has his very own section on the North American Nintendo 3DS eShop this week. The company has listed which games Wario has appeared in and they list Super Smash Bros 3DS as one of those games. Wario has yet to be officially announced, but it would be surprising if he wasn’t added.
SEGA and Nintendo of America have announced that Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal for Nintendo 3DS will be in North American stores November 11th. Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric will be available on Wii U on November 18th. You can see the box-arts above and below.
Thanks to those who sent this in.
Wondering which games are available for download this week on the Nintendo eShop? Well wonder no more. There’s a scattering of indie games on the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U that you can download including Siesta Fiesta and Wooden Sen’SeY. Here’s what’s available this week in the United States.
- NintendoeShop on Nintendo3DS
- Siesta Fiesta – Siesta Fiesta combines various elements of classic arcade game play – from brick-breaker to modern-day platformer – to create a truly unique adventure. Use the ball-like Siesta to smash Piñata Blocks, activate power-ups, battle bosses and trigger a host of wacky contraptions. Siesta Fiesta is available exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- NintendoeShop on Wii U
- Wooden Sen’SeY – Jump and grapple your way through exotic worlds, dodging obstacles such as fire, collapsing platforms, pits and whirring metal blades. If you want a real challenge, speed through 30 hair-tearing levels as quickly as possible in Time Attack mode and try to beat the developers’ times in each stage. Clickhere to watch the latest trailer for Wooden Sen’SeY.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Ufouria: The Saga – Join Bop-Louie as he searches for his three friends to help him escape an unknown world. But it won’t be easy. Brain-boggling mazes, traps and bizarre pitfalls stand in your way back to Ufouria. Click here to watch the trailer for Ufouria: The Saga.
- Virtual Console on Nintendo3DS
- Blaster Master – Jason, in search of his pet frog named Fred, has fallen down a manhole into a world of danger. Mutant-sized creatures he never imagined await him at every turn. In order to survive, Jason must pair up with an armored combat vehicle codenamed SOPHIA. It’s panic or perish as you blast through an endless maze of tunnels, seeking secret passages for an escape.
- NintendoeShop Sales
- Trine 2: Director’s Cut – Trine 2: Director’s Cut is 60 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $7.99) until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 12 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
- Joindots Game Sale – 3D Game Collection, Gardenscapes, Jewel Match 3 and more Joindots games are on sale until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 14 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Poker Dice Solitaire Future – Poker Dice Solitaire Future is 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $0.99) until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 6 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
- Chubbins is being reduced to $3.99 from $5.99 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
From Mercenary to Magician, Carpenter to Cook, prepare for a life filled with endless choice and epic adventures on 26th September when Fantasy Life, a role-playing game containing dynamic life simulation elements, releases in Europe on Nintendo 3DS and 2DS systems.
Set in the fantasy world of Reveria, choose to live your life your own way, and at your own pace, with 12 Life classes to choose from, a vast open world to explore, hundreds of items to collect and craft, and countless characters to get to know throughout the land. At the heart of the game is the innovative Life system, which allows you to switch between Life classes at almost any point in the game, with your choices not only upgrading your character, but also shaping your journey along the way.
More details for the game will be revealed leading up to launch on 26th September. In the meantime, to catch a snapshot of the 12 different Life classes in Fantasy Life, the game’s opening movie can be viewed above.
News has emerged from a Japanese publication that a brand new One Piece game has been revealed for the Nintendo 3DS. The game is titled One Piece: Super Grand Battle. The information needs translating, but let’s hope this one makes its way to the west.
Salty is the self-proclaimed captain of the ocean.
Sega has begun introducing some additional characters in the Sonic Boom universe. The characters include those in the upcoming television show and also from the game. However, they aren’t playable characters. There’s Old Tucker, who is a happy go lucky farmer, and Hayward, the hopeless farmhand. If you want to see all the characters in their cartoon glory then be sure to visit the Sega blog.
Doc Ginger’s strong southern charm and kindness should never be mistaken for weakness.
Square Enix has confirmed in Japanese publication Jump that Agnes Oblige will be making a triumphant return in Bravely Second. At the moment all we have is the scan, but we should hear some official information from Square Enix themselves sometime next week.
NintenDaan has uploaded some footage from Kirby Fighters Z and Dedede’s Drum Dash Z for the Japanese Nintendo 3DS eShop. Kirby Fighters Z is a Kirby-themed Smash Bros mini-game where you must defeat other Kirby CPUs with a chosen ability and DeDeDe’s Drum Dash Z is rhythm based game. Be sure to watch the videos.