Here’s some cool footage for you. A video of a snow-themed level has popped up in the upcoming multiplayer Zelda title. Polygon has uploaded a 9-minute video titled “Snowball Ravine”, showcasing a new area in The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes. The three intrepid heroes must work together to get through a number of suitably chilly areas, while avoiding tightly packed snowballs and various enemies. Previous footage has shown us how the colourfully costumed Links can stack together as a totem pole, but we also get a sneak peek at Link using the fire gloves to melt snow and ice. The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes is set to release on the Nintendo 3DS for the US and UK on October 23.
Nintendo of America has detailed exactly which games you will be able to get your hands on this week via the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U eShop in the United States. Leading the charge this week is the latest entry in the Disney Infinity series titled Disney Infinity 3.0 which welcomes the Star Wars franchise. If that’s not your thing you can download Sin & Punishment and Sin & Punishment: Star Successor on the Wii U eShop. Here’s what’s available this week.
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition – Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition now welcomes Star Wars to the ever-growing collection of Marvel, Disney and Disney Pixar characters, stories and worlds. Together, new heroes can join forces with characters from previous editions and embark on adventures as big as your imagination! Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition is available in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U at 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 30. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- Runbow – Arriving exclusively on Wii U consoles, Runbow is a frantic party-platforming game in which the world transforms with swipes of color. Enjoy five chaotic local and online multiplayer modes (up to nine players), along with two single-player modes that will test the skill and mind of any challenger. If you downloaded the Nindies@Home demo during the limited time E3 promotion, save 15 percent off your purchase of Runbow until Sept. 27. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Sin & Punishment – Legendary studio Treasure delivers a high-energy thrill ride in this Nintendo 64 classic. On a future Earth starved for resources, a new species engineered for consumption has mutated into monsters. Run, gun and slash your energy sword through level after level of nonstop destruction to end their reign of terror.
- Wii Retail Download
- Sin & Punishment: Star Successor – Take aim, and blast your way through a post-apocalyptic world packed with nonstop arcade-shooter action in the Sin & Punishment: Star Successor game, the Wii sequel to the Japanese Nintendo 64 cult classic. As Isa or Kachi, you’ll shoot everything in sight as you’re bombarded with foes determined to hunt you down.
Nintendo eShop Sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Don’t miss your chance to take up to 66 percent off Capcom games like Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS) and many more! This promotion ends at 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 31. Visit http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers for more details.
- Turtle Tale (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) is 33 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 17.
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 2.
- Rock ’N Racing Off Road is 41 percent off (reduced from $5.99 to $3.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 10.
- KEYTARI: 8-bit Music Maker is 37 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 28 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 18.
- 99Seconds and Darts Up from Enjoyup Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 24.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers from ATLUS are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 31.
- Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan is 50 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $14.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 31.
- Funfair Party Games, Jewel Match 3 and more games from Joindots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 10.
- Tiny Games – Knights & Dragons is 33 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 10.
- 2 Fast 4 Gnomz is 40 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 17.
- Classic Games Overload: Card and Puzzle Edition is 33 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $19.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 21.
- Darts Up 3D, Soccer Up 3D and Soccer Up Online from Enjoyup are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 24.
- Big Hero 6 Battle in the Bay and Disney Frozen Olaf’s Quest from Gamemill Entertainment are on sale beginning at 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 28 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 5.
- Splatoon TRANSFORMERS Splatfest – Are you Team AUTOBOT or Team DECEPTICON? The next Splatoon Splatfest runs from Aug. 28 at 9 p.m. PT until Aug. 29 at 9 p.m. PT. If you haven’t chosen your team yet, head over to the Pledge Box in the plaza prior to Splatfest. The winning team can pick up their prizes in the plaza after the event. Learn more by visiting http://splatoon.nintendo.com/.
- Builders Week – Are you a master level designer? It’s time to show off those skills during Builders Week! Until Aug. 31, we’ll be showcasing the best building games for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS family systems and releasing the VS. EXCITEBIKE game for Virtual Console on Wii U for the first time! We’ll also be issuing challenges for master builders to complete. Get involved with the challenges by following @NintendoAmerica on Twitter, the Play Nintendo Miiverse Community or Nintendo of America on Facebook! Click here for more information.
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
- New themes this week include:
- Splatoon: Squid Sisters
- Woah Dave! Alien Invasion!
Also new this week:
- Brave Tank Hero (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- FullBlast (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- PIXEL SLIME U (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Gotcha Racing (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Crazy Viking Studios is bringing Volgarr the Viking to Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Both versions are currently in development, but their release dates haven’t been announced yet. The developer describes Volgarr the Viking as a 16-bit style action side-scroller with simple controls, high challenge, and meticulous design. The game was originally released in 2013 for non-Nintendo platforms.
Nintendo has confirmed that they will soon be releasing a soundtrack to everyones favourite ink-based shooter, Splatoon. The soundtrack is for Japan only at this moment in time and is aptly titled Splatune. The two disc CD will be published by Kadokawa on October 21st for 3,456 yen and includes a whopping 61 songs – 37 music tracks, 10 jingle tracks and 14 sound effect tracks. The cover is fully reversible and also contains a booklet which features various comments from the development staff.
Nintendo has a great lineup of games, including unreleased titles like Star Fox Zero, Super Mario Maker, The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes and Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash, and a slew of fun activities in store for people attending the PAX Prime video game event in Seattle. Fans can also attend a Xenoblade Chronicles X panel and visit the Nindies showcase to play great indie games, including some that will launch later this year.
PAX Prime takes place in our backyard, so we like to pull out all the stops for fans,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing. “We have some great unreleased titles for attendees to play including Star Fox Zero, which has been receiving positive accolades, and The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes, a unique multiplayer entry in The Legend of Zelda series.”
Games scheduled to be playable on the show floor at the Washington State Convention Center Aug. 28-31 include Star Fox Zero, Super Mario Maker, The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes, Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash, Splatoon (which will include both the recently announced August update and TRANSFORMERS Splatfest content on Aug. 29) and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Attendees can also play Skylanders SuperChargers Racing for Nintendo 3DS (with guest stars Bowser and Donkey Kong) for the first time in public and check out a variety of upcoming amiibo figures.
Fans of the upcoming Xenoblade Chronicles X game for the Wii U console will want to sit in on a panel discussion led by representatives from the Nintendo Treehouse. Attendees will get a look at concept art, learn the inspiration behind the game, check out new game play and participate in a fan Q&A session. The panel will take place on Aug. 29 from 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. PT in Wyvern Theater.
During the show, there will be several PAX-sponsored tournaments and fan gatherings featuring a variety of Nintendo 3DS games, including Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. Attendees who want to participate in the fun should bring their Nintendo 3DS systems with them to the show.
At the adjacent Sheraton Seattle Hotel, Nintendo will host a dedicated Nindies lounge showcasing 13 independent games made for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Visitors can play the games and talk to the developers themselves. Indie games that will be playable include:
- Action Henk (Curve Digital)
- FAST Racing Neo (Shin’en)
- Freedom Planet (Galaxy Trail)
- Hive Jump (Graphite Lab)
- Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty (Oddworld Inhabitants, Inc. / Just Add Water (Developments) Ltd. / Nephilim Games)
- Runbow (13AM Games)
- Shantae Half-Genie Hero (WayForward)
- Typoman (Headup Games / Brainseed Factory)
- Year Walk (Simogo / Dakko Dakko)
- Mutant Mudds Super Challenge (Renegade Kid)
- SteamWorld Heist (Image & Form)
- The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (Nicalis, Inc.)
- Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows (Yacht Club Games)
Anyone arriving in Seattle early for PAX Prime might also want to check out the Nindies@Night event at EMP Museum. The free event is open to the public and starts at 8 p.m. on Aug. 27. Attendees can experience several activities, including announcements, playable Nindie games, food and drinks, giveaways and gaming competitions.
If you pre-order Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer from GameStop, you’ll receive an exclusive poster. According to the video game retailer, quantities are “extremely limited” – so it might be a good idea to act fast if you want to secure a poster to appease the Animal Crossing fan in you. Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer launches September 25 in North America and October 2 in Europe for Nintendo 3DS. A set of 100 Animal Crossing amiibo cards, which are compatible with the game, will be available at launch.
Dungeon crawlers, rejoice! The Pokémon Company has announced Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon will launch in the United States on November 20, just in time for the holidays. The 3DS title will be the tenth in the Mystery Dungeon spin-off series that debuted almost a decade ago on the Game Boy Advance. It’s been two years since the latest in the franchise, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, was released for the Nintendo 3DS in US and Europe – and we gave it a better than average review score to boot.
The upcoming spin-off title will debut in Japan on September 17, while Pokemon fans in Europe and Australia sadly won’t be able to pick up their dungeon adventure until early 2016. Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon’s announcement release was just one of many featured in Nintendo’s US holiday lineup reported earlier today.
With dungeon layouts that change every time you enter them, the fun never ends! Battle alongside Legendary and Mythical Pokémon to save the world from a crisis in a tale of unprecedented scale.
You’ll get to pick one of 20 Pokémon to become your partner. With the Pokémon you choose, head out on a quest to encounter all 720 Pokémon, including Legendary and Mythical Pokémon. Set off on a grand adventure as you explore ever-changing Mystery Dungeons and connect with Pokémon to save the Pokémon world!