It has been confirmed that the Nintendo 3DS exclusive 4 mode which includes, labyrinth-exploring, boost-collecting battle game in Super Smash Bros 3DS won’t feature online play. The news came from a tweet from Super Smash Bros producer Masahiro Sakurai via Twitter.
We already found out today the entire roster for Super Smash Bros on the Nintendo 3DS, but a report from a user of NeoGAF claims he has a solid source who says that there will be additional characters in the Wii U version. Interestingly these extra characters are unlocked by linking the Nintendo 3DS version to the Wii U version. The additional characters apparently include Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Men and Mewtwo. It’s worth noting this is a rumour for now.
As you probably heard earlier a number of Japanese gamers have managed to acquire early copies of Super Smash Bros and have been streaming them on Twitch. Thanks to these individuals we now know the final cast of the Nintendo 3DS version. More characters may be added in the future via DLC, but here’s the full retail roster.
- Rosalina & Luma
- Bowser Jr.
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong
- Toon Link
- Zero Suit Samus
- King Dedede
- Meta Knight
- Little Mac
- Duck Hunt Dog
- Captain Falcon
- Wii Fit Trainer
- Dr. Mario
- Dark Pit
- Mega Man
- Mii Fighter
Nintendo Europe has confirmed to Eurogamer that it has no plans to release the recently announced Persona Q or NES inspired Nintendo 3DS XL consoles in Europe. Instead the special editions will only be coming to North America later this year.
Nintendo of America has announced which games you’ll be able to download this week from the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U eShop. One of the biggest releases this week is Teslagrad for the Wii U. The game is a 2D puzzle based platformer that you can see in the video above.
- NintendoeShop on Wii U
- Teslagrad – Put your sense of logic to the test and cleverly manipulate the world around you using electricity and magnetism. Teslagrad is a 2D puzzle-platformer with more than 100 beautifully hand-drawn environments to explore as you journey into (and beyond) Tesla Tower. Take up the mantle of the Teslamancer in your quest to reveal a great injustice and overthrow a tyrant. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Adventure Island – The evil Witch Doctor has kidnapped Tina, the true love of Master Higgins. To save her, you must safely guide Master Higgins through eight perilous stages. Use weapons and other useful items scattered across Adventure Island to defend yourself against enemies. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- NintendoeShop on Nintendo3DS
- The Keep – Enter the Keep as an unsung hero on a quest to destroy the nefarious wizard Watrys in this dungeon crawler featuring real-time combat, a unique rune magic system, exploration and puzzle solving. The game will awaken memories of why dungeons are so much fun to explore while you fight, hunt for hidden treasures and avoid deadly traps. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- NintendoeShop Sales
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is launching soon, so it’s the perfect time to get to know the fighters. Now through Oct. 2, save up to 38 percent on select games starring Super Smash Bros. characters with the Super Smashing Sale. This week features characters like Zelda and Pit.
- For a limited time, save 50 percent on select Just Dance games in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U, including Just Dance 2014. This offer ends at 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 14.
- Unepic is 20 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $7.99) until 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 1 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
- Bit Boy!! Arcade is 38 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 24 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Parking Star 3D is 33 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 2 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Select games from Rising Star Games, including Beyblade: Evolution and Girls’ Fashion Shoot, are being discounted up to 75 percent. This offer is valid until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 25 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Legend of the River King 2 – Sept. 18 (Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS)
- Wild Guns – Sept. 18 (Virtual Console on Wii U)
- Mario Golf: Advance Tour – Sept. 25 (Virtual Console on Wii U)
Also new this week:
Some lucky Japanese consumers have managed to secure an early copy of Super Smash Bros on the Nintendo 3DS. Some of those who acquired a copy have been streaming the game on Twitch. Because of this, the following new characters have now been confirmed.
- Dark/Black Pit
- Duck Hunt Dog
- Game and Watch
- Dr Mario
Thanks to RJ Albin, North and Shuhei Yoshida
With the winter season on its way, Nintendo has today announced a new promotion for Nintendo 3DS and 2DS systems, the Nintendo 3DS Winter 2014 Bonus Game Promotion, which is sure to appeal to users looking to expand their game collection in preparation for the colder months!
To take part in the Nintendo 3DS Winter 2014 Bonus Game Promotion, participants simply need to do both of the following:
- Register a Nintendo 2DS, Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL system with Club Nintendo between 11th September 2014 and 12th January 2015 (23:59 local time); and…
- Register a copy of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS* (releasing 3rd October), Pokémon Omega Ruby** or Pokémon AlphaSapphire** (both releasing 28th November) with Club Nintendo between 3rd October 2014 and 12th January 2015 (23:59 local time), and fill out the software registration survey – a required action if the copy of the game is purchased at retail.
In return, participants can request a free download code to download one of the following games from Nintendo eShop:
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
- Yoshi’s New Island
- Kirby: Triple Deluxe
- Mario Golf: World Tour
- Mario Party: Island Tour
- Pokémon Art Academy
The free download code can be requested via a user’s Club Nintendo account, with the download code request needing to be completed by 12th February 2015 (23:59 local time). The download code will expire on 12th March 2015 (23:59 local time), and therefore will need to be redeemed by this time. Please note that Club Nintendo members whose age is below the age rating of a game cannot request a download code for that game.