The Official Nintendo UK Store often has some great special offers to entice consumers to purchase hardware and software and this latest one should be very appealing. If you purchase a New Nintendo 3DS Summer Bundle, which includes the Xenoblade Chronicles 3D bundle, the Pokemon Omega Ruby bundle, and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate bundle, then you are entitled to get a free Super Mario 3DS holder. You will need to enter the code (MARI0HOLD5) at the checkout to get it.
This morning saw Square Enix announce Dragon Quest XI for a variety of platforms, but the all-important question we are all asking is whether the game will come to the west. Well, it seems as though Square Enix isn’t completely sure at present. The last instalment for the Dragon Quest series for consoles Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King made is way to the west and was a success. However, Dragon Quest X didn’t come over, but that was a massively multiplayer online title and would have required some extra work with the translations and the servers. There’s a likely hood that it will come, but expect a lengthy delay between the Japanese version and the western one.
“The Japanese publisher stated it understandably doesn’t have “a concrete plan at the moment”, but it’ll “consider it as [it has] done in the past for other Dragon Quest titles”.
Source / Via
Update: Square Enix has confirmed to IGN that NX is under consideration.
Today Square Enix lifted the lid on the eagerly awaited Dragon Quest XI. Interestingly, the company revealed that the game would be coming to the Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation 4, and the Nintendo NX. This would make it the first game that is basically confirmed for the platform. We don’t know what shape or form the Nintendo NX will take, but it is certainly an interesting development. You can read all about the upcoming game, below.
- Dragon Quest X and XI announced for the NX.
- Two different games with the same story similar to Ni no Kuni.
- Both games slated for 2016 release to coincide with series 30th anniversary.
- The two games will still have the same core staff working on them.
- Is being made for the PS4 and 3DS (probably New3DS)
- DQXI is also coming to the NX (probably the PS4 version?)
- PS4 version is developed with the assistance of Orca.
- PS4 version runs on UE4
- PS4 version is open(-ish?) world. Similar to DQVIII
- 3DS version is developed with the assistance of Toy Logic.
- 3DS Version presents a classic 2D Sprite style on the bottom screen.
- 3DS version will have 2D sprite battles + random battles when playing with the D-Pad and 3D battles when playing with the circle-pad.
- Release targeted within the 30th anniversary year for the series, so within the fiscal year starting April 1st, 2016 and ending March 31st 2017.
Thanks to those who sent this in.
Nintendo Germany has tweeted that it will be live streaming on Twitch during next week’s Gamescom event in Cologne, Germany. Nintendo will be broadcasting from the event on August 6th, 7th, and 8th. It’s not clear if it is just Nintendo Germany hosting the Twitch live stream or whether Nintendo Europe and Nintendo of America will also be live streaming things from the event.
Source / Via
If you are in Canada and are contemplating purchasing a New Nintendo 3DS XL then you might want to think about buying it from EB Games Canada. The company is giving those that buy a New Nintendo 3DS XL a free charger and are also donating $5 of the proceeds to Ronald McDonald House Charities. If you are also after some games to go with that then you will be pleased to know that select Nintendo 3DS titles are twenty-five percent off.
Want to watch the first 47 minutes of The Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth which is available for the New Nintendo 3DS? Well, Tilmen from Nintendomination has you covered for this one. In case you are not aware the game is a remake of the original Binding of Isaac and includes plenty of nasty new bosses. Former Nintendo of America executive, Dan Adelman, was essential in the efforts to get this on the platform. Anyway, enjoy!
To celebrate the launch of Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems on 2nd October, Nintendo of Europe is launching a range of new products – including all-new hardware bundles – to give fans of the series and new players alike a variety of options to enjoy a one-of-a-kind handheld gaming experience like only Nintendo offers.
From 2nd October, Animal Crossing fans with a penchant for interior or exterior design can go all out with Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Join the Nook’s Homes family business and make hundreds of your favourite animals happy by designing their dream home – some might even ask you to spruce up their garden! Go beyond home decor and try your hand at bigger projects like a school or a café and assign unexpected roles to some of your favourite animal friends.
At launch, a limited number of copies of the game sold in stores will come with one special amiibo card that allows the player to call up the card’s character and let their imagination run wild designing a house for them. What kind of home would you build for Tom Nook or Isabelle? Additional amiibo cards will be sold separately in packs of three. Out of these three, one card will always be a special amiibo card, meaning it features a character whose house you won’t be able to build without using its amiibo card. Each card can be used across multiple copies of the game, so they’re perfect for collecting and trading with friends.
Owners of New Nintendo 3DS or New Nintendo 3DS XL systems can tap the amiibo card to the NFC area on the bottom screen, while owners of original Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL or Nintendo 2DS systems can purchase the NFC Reader/Writer accessory to enjoy amiibo functionality in compatible software.
The launch of Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer for Nintendo 3DS will be accompanied by the following additional releases on 2nd October:
- New Nintendo 3DS + Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Pack: a white New Nintendo 3DS system with a digital copy of Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer , a unique set of cover plates and one special amiibo card
- New Nintendo 3DS XL Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Edition: a white New Nintendo 3DS XL system with a unique, game-themed cover design, a digital copy of Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer and one special amiibo card
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer + NFC Reader/Writer Pack: a physical copy of the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer game, one special amiibo card and the NFC Reader/Writer accessory
- Standalone NFC Reader/ Writer accessory
- New Nintendo 3DS cover plates No. 5 (featuring K.K. Slider), 6 (featuring Isabelle) and 27 (featuring a variety of animals from the series).
- Series 1 Animal Crossing amiibo cards Pack: each pack contains 1 special amiibo card and 2 regular amiibo cards)
Whether you’re new to the Nintendo 3DS experience or an existing system owner, the perfect bundle for Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer from 2nd October.
Source: Nintendo Europe PR