Wondering which games are available for download this week on the Nintendo eShop? Well wonder no more. There’s a scattering of indie games on the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U that you can download including Siesta Fiesta and Wooden Sen’SeY. Here’s what’s available this week in the United States.
- NintendoeShop on Nintendo3DS
- Siesta Fiesta – Siesta Fiesta combines various elements of classic arcade game play – from brick-breaker to modern-day platformer – to create a truly unique adventure. Use the ball-like Siesta to smash Piñata Blocks, activate power-ups, battle bosses and trigger a host of wacky contraptions. Siesta Fiesta is available exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- NintendoeShop on Wii U
- Wooden Sen’SeY – Jump and grapple your way through exotic worlds, dodging obstacles such as fire, collapsing platforms, pits and whirring metal blades. If you want a real challenge, speed through 30 hair-tearing levels as quickly as possible in Time Attack mode and try to beat the developers’ times in each stage. Clickhere to watch the latest trailer for Wooden Sen’SeY.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Ufouria: The Saga – Join Bop-Louie as he searches for his three friends to help him escape an unknown world. But it won’t be easy. Brain-boggling mazes, traps and bizarre pitfalls stand in your way back to Ufouria. Click here to watch the trailer for Ufouria: The Saga.
- Virtual Console on Nintendo3DS
- Blaster Master – Jason, in search of his pet frog named Fred, has fallen down a manhole into a world of danger. Mutant-sized creatures he never imagined await him at every turn. In order to survive, Jason must pair up with an armored combat vehicle codenamed SOPHIA. It’s panic or perish as you blast through an endless maze of tunnels, seeking secret passages for an escape.
- NintendoeShop Sales
- Trine 2: Director’s Cut – Trine 2: Director’s Cut is 60 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $7.99) until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 12 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
- Joindots Game Sale – 3D Game Collection, Gardenscapes, Jewel Match 3 and more Joindots games are on sale until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 14 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Poker Dice Solitaire Future – Poker Dice Solitaire Future is 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $0.99) until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 6 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
- Chubbins is being reduced to $3.99 from $5.99 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
Capcom has confirmed that Mega Man Battle Network is set to arrive July 31st on the Wii U Virtual Console service in North America. The release date was announced in the latest Nintendo Minute episode, in which the YouTube series’ hosts chat about what’s going on in the world of Nintendo and Capcom. Mega Man Battle Network will be available later today, July 24, on Wii U in Europe. It will launch alongside ports of Mega Man 5 and Mega Man 6.
Shin’en Multimedia has revealed that it is planning to release the Wii U iteration of Art of Balance by the end of the summer. The upcoming home console version of the physics-based puzzle game features off-TV play and supports multiple control schemes. It also contains several online and local multiplayer modes that incorporate either competitive or cooperative play.
A reader has been in touch to say that the development team over at Duaik are currently in talks to bring indie platformer Aritana and the Harpy’s Feather to the Wii U eShop. The game is currently greenlit for Steam. Here’s the intriguing puzzle platformer’s description.
“Aritana is a platform game which the main aspect of its mechanics is the possibility of changing your stance. This stances define attributes such Speed, Jump Force, Attacks and Special Abilities. The player must choose between these stances to overcome obstacles and fight the Spirits of the Forest in a quick, intuitive and fun gameplay mechanic. “
“Aritana will learn new moves and abilities throughout the game and combo movements will help him fight the forest spirits. Meanwhile, Mapinguari will chase him constantly, forcing battles that require concentration and mastery of all skills learned.”
“With the help of the Shaman’s Staff and the benefits of each stance, Aritana will be able to search for the Lost Artifacts and gain access to the Spirit World. This place is a labyrinth that holds pieces of medicinal leaves which, when collected in large quantity, can increase the player’s maximum health.”
“The game follows the old platformer style and brings a high difficulty for those who are careless. Mastering different attacks and avoiding enviroment traps are key elements for the game.”
Nintendo has reconfirmed that Bayonetta 2 will be packaged with a physical disc of the original Bayonetta. On the other hand, consumers who want to purchase the digital versions of both titles will need to make two separate purchases via the Nintendo eShop. Either way, the duo will be listed for the same manufacturer’s suggested price. Bayonetta 2 launches in October for Wii U.
The physical/disc package will include two discs: one for Bayonetta 2 and a separate one for Bayonetta 1. With the digital version, consumers will need to make two separate purchases, but the price of both will equal the total for the retail combo version. So you can buy one or the other separately if you want.
If you’re looking for some bang for your buck then The Letter probably isn’t what you’re looking for. NintenDaan recently downloaded a copy and found out that the game can be beaten within six minutes. This is not typically something you expect from your everyday game. You can watch the game in the video, above.
Wondering which games you’ll be able to download on your Nintendo platforms this week? Well Nintendo of America has revealed precisely what’s available. The big new release is ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red which is available to download on the Nintendo 3DS and the Wii U. You can check out all the games, below.
- NintendoeShop on Wii U and Nintendo3DS
- ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red – The latest installment of the Unlimited series brings Luffy and the Straw Hat Crew on a new adventure with new characters. Dive into a wayfaring journey with fun-filled escapades, action-packed battles and powerful comrades. ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red is available now on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Click here to watch the latest trailer.
- Virtual Console on Wii U and Nintendo3DS
- Bases Loaded – Bases Loaded, the classic NES baseball game with an arcade feel, is now available for both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Select one of 12 teams, set your lineup from 30 players (each with different strengths) and then play a single game or try to win the pennant. Step up to the plate and find out why this is one of the most-loved baseball games on the NES.
- NintendoeShop Sales
- Swords & Soldiers 3D – Rewrite history as you take control of various factions in their global quest to win the favor of the Gods. Starting today through 9 a.m. PT on July 31, Swords & Soldiers 3D is available at the discounted price of $3.99 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai – To celebrate the launch of the Nintendo eShop demo, Shin’en is offering the full version of Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai at the discounted price of $4.99 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. This offer lasts until 9 a.m. PT on July 24.
- Witch & Hero – Starting today until 9 a.m. PT on July 31, Witch & Hero is 30 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- I’ve Got to Run! – For a limited time, I’ve Got to Run! is 40 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U. This offer is valid from 9 a.m. PT on July 11 until 9 a.m. PT on July 13.
Also new this week:
Shovel Knight is the best game that launched in June, according to IGN. The action-platformer, which is available in the Nintendo eShop on both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, scored a 9/10 in its review on the entertainment website. Developed by Yacht Club Games, the game revolves around a shovel-wielding knight who embarks on a quest to rescue his lost beloved.
HullBreach Studios has announced it has two new games planned for the Wii U. The first will be named “Tomeling in Trouble” and is scheduled for a release on iOS and Android for the third or fourth quarter this year. According to the developer, it will combine elements from an action game but will present itself as a runner title.
Tomeling in Trouble will be packaged in with the exclusive Wii U title “Tomeling” – which is an RPG with both 2D and 3D aspects. HullBreach – the studio who were set to revive Sadness – has yet to pin a date for the latter game, however. Looking at the early screenshot above makes for odd – though welcome – cravings for ice-cream sandwiches, hopefully without the eyes and legs attached.
Ludosity has announced Ittle Dew will be arriving in Europe for the Wii U this August – if all goes to plan. The Zelda-inspired adventure game launched in North America earlier this year, but experienced a few issues, including no sound from the GamePad and game saving stutters. In an update from the game’s developer, smaller bugs and the aforementioned issues above have been fixed in the European version. However, Ludosity has said it’s hoping to deliver a patch for North American users very soon.
Unfortunately, there’s been a small hiccup with localisation in Germany. According to Ludosity, the USK rating is “quite expensive” and there’s no guarantee that it would make its general expenditure back, let alone a profit return. Though a release is uncertain for Germany, Ludosity are in talks of bringing the adventure game to Japan. If you’re looking to pick up the game in the Wii U eShop this summer, you can expect the following changes:
- Localization for English, Spanish, French, German & Italian
- Threaded saving – no more stuttering!
- Audio on the GamePad