Jade Raymond, the Canadian video game executive and the Managing Director of Ubisoft Toronto, has revealed that the company currently has five new games in development. Raymond wouldn’t specify what the titles were, but one of them has to be the next Assassin’s Creed. Two of the games are co-productions with other gaming studios, which sounds interesting.
No one left any the wiser as to what’s up at Ubisoft Toronto, only that there are five titles being developed there right now and that two of them are co-productions with other gaming studios. Continue your wild speculation, gamers.
“There are definitely a lot of plates spinning,” confirmed Raymond, best known for producing the wildly popular Assassin’s Creed series for Ubisoft’s Montreal office. “None of them have been announced.”
Gamescom organiser Koelnmesse has confirmed that Kyoto based company Nintendo will be making an appearance at this year’s event. The company will be showcasing software along with Bethesda, CD Projekt Red, Crytek, Deep Silver, EA, Konami, Microsoft, and Ubisoft. The event takes place in Cologne from August 13th to August 17th. Koelnmesse also revealed that exhibitor numbers are up 50 percent compared to 2013.
This week’s UK individual charts are in courtesy of GFK chart-track. It’s no surprise that South Park: The Stick of Truth has made its debut in first place, overtaking last week’s chart topper, Thief. However, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for Wii U takes a real slip on the vine from last week’s top 20 position to 37 this week.
In handheld territory, The LEGO Movie Videogame is this week’s highest 3DS game, which moves down to 29, while Pokemon Y beats Pokemon X by two places, in positions 38 and 40, respectively. The top 40 individual chart is detailed in full below.
- (NE)  South Park: The Stick Of Truth
- (NE) [PS3] South Park: The Stick Of Truth
- (1) [PS4] Thief
- (5)  Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
- (3)  The LEGO Movie Videogame
- (2) [XBO] Thief
- (4) [XBO] Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
- (7)  Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
- (6)  Thief
- (9) [XBO] FIFA 14
- (11) [PS3] Thief
- (10) [PS3] The LEGO Movie Videogame
- (8)  FIFA 14
- (17) [PS4] FIFA 14
- (13) [PS3] FIFA 14
- (12)  Call Of Duty: Ghosts
- (27) [XBO] Forza Motorsport 5
- (20) [PS3] Gran Turismo 6
- (NE) [PC] South Park: The Stick Of Truth
- (16)  LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
- (19)  Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
- (29) [PS4] Battlefield 4
- (28) [XBO] Battlefield 4
- (34) [XBO] Call Of Duty: Ghosts
- (23) [PS3] Call Of Duty: Ghosts
- (32) [PS3] Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
- (18)  Grand Theft Auto V
- (30) [PS4] Rayman Legends
- (26) [3DS] The LEGO Movie Videogame
- (38) [PS4] Call Of Duty: Ghosts
- (22)  Battlefield 4
- (RE)  Aliens: Colonial Marines
- (24) [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V
- (RE) [PS3] WWE 2K14
- (RE) [XBO] Dead Rising 3
- (33) [PC] Football Manager 2014
- (21) [WIIU] Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
- (35) [3DS] Pokemon Y
- (39) [PS4] Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
- (37) [3DS] Pokemon X
Capcom USA community manager Brett Elston has taken note of fans desires to have an updated Mega Man collection. Elston admits that the Anniversary and X Collection discs are rather old and says he would love to get the games out to a new audience.
Nothing to announce or tease at the moment, but I’ve definitely taken note of – and passed along – the desire for a modern collection. Those 2004 / 2006 discs are getting pretty old at this point and I’d love to get those games out to a new audience – plus give people like us an excuse to play them yet again :P
Square Enix has released on online survey to gauge fan feedback on the popular Kingdom Hearts franchise. The survey asks what platforms gamers are playing on and which genre’s people prefer. Although Kingdom Hearts 3 isn’t coming to Wii U, it’s worth letting Square Enix know that there are Wii U owners out there that want the game. You can take part in the survey, right here.
Thanks to everyone who sent this in.
Twitch, the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, today announced it will be the official live streaming partner of Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3). The partnership with the tradeshow’s owner, Entertainment Software Association (ESA), is a three year agreement beginning with E3 2014 that will heighten the global presence for the leading video game event.
E3 2014 takes place on June 10-12 at the Los Angeles Convention Center where Twitch will have a prominent booth in the South Hall. Twitch’s E3 channel will be integrated into all parts of the convention’s presence, including E3 Insider and E3Expo.com. In addition, the Twitch feed will be featured on monitors spread throughout the convention halls, as well as the lounges and press center.
“Live video has changed the video game industry in a fundamental way and transformed how gamers learn, communicate and share their passion for games,” said Jonathan Simpson-Bint, chief revenue officer, Twitch. “Twitch looks forward to deepening consumers’ E3 online experience with top E3 news, original interviews, and behind-the-scenes E3 footage.”
“E3 is the leading computer and video game event in the world. It is known and respected as the launch pad for the latest in video game news,” said Rich Taylor, senior vice president of communications and industry affairs at ESA. “We look forward to partnering with Twitch and extending E3’s worldwide reach to billions of consumers.”
Ubisoft has teased on Facebook that it has a big announcement to share with gamers at 6pm CET today. Clearly speculation is rife regarding what the announcement will be about. A release date and trailer for the highly anticipated Watch Dogs appears to be the best bet. However, it could be the reveal of the next Assassin’s Creed.
Big news tonight – be ready at 18:00 CET!
Update: It looks as though the news has broke early and it’s the release date for the Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PC version of Watch Dogs on May 27th. We already know that the Wii U version of the game is delayed.
Japanese gaming publication Famitsu has published its readers most wanted games this week. Interestingly Mario Kart 8 has risen in the charts and is now sitting firmly in second position. However, the number one game this week is Final Fantasy XV for the PlayStation 4. Here’s the most wanted games in Japan this week.
- 01/03. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV (Square Enix, TBA) – 663 votes
- 02/04. [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo, 05/29/14) – 649 votes
- 03/01. [PS3] Persona 5 (Atlus, Winter 2014) – 634 votes
- 04/13. [PS4] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Konami, TBA) – 429 votes
- 05/02. [PS3] Samurai Warriors 4 (Tecmo Koei, 03/20/14) – 405 votes
- 06/05. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Capcom, Fall 2014) – 395 votes
- 07/06. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III (Square Enix, TBA) – 382 votes
- 08/07. [3DS] Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (Atlus, 06/05/14) – 347 votes
- 09/15. [PS3] Dark Souls II (03/13/14) – 284 votes
- 10/11. [3DS] New Love Plus+ (Konami, 03/27/14) – 270 votes
- 11/12. [3DS] Bravely Second (Square Enix, TBA) – 263 votes
- 12/08. [PS3] Tales of Zestiria (Namco Bandai, TBA) – 257 votes
- 13/09. [PS3] The Evil Within (Bethesda Softworks, 2014) – 253 votes
- 14/10. [PS3] 3rd Super Robot Wars Z Jigoku-Hen (Namco Bandai, 04/10/14) – 252 votes
- 15/18. [PS4] The Evil Within (Bethesda Softworks, 2014) – 239 votes
- 16/14. [Wii U] Hyrule Warriors (Tecmo Koei, 2014) – 225 votes
- 17/30. [3DS] Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (Square Enix 04/24/14) – 189 votes
- 18/20.[3DS] Game Center CX 3-Chome no Arino (Namco Bandai, 03/20/14) – 184 votes
- 19/21. [Wii U] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Nintendo, 2014) – 183 votes
- 20/16. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo, 2014) – 178 votes
- 21/24. [PS4] Watch Dogs (Ubisoft, 2014) – 177 votes
- 22/19. [PS3] The Last Remnant (Square Enix, movedtomobile) – 170 votes
- 23/22. [PSV] Freedom Wars (SCEJ, Summer 2014) – 146 votes
- 24/—. [PSV] Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd (Sega, 03/27/14) – 135 votes
- 25/17. [3DS] Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson (Marvelous AQL, 08/07/14) – 125 votes
- 26/— [PS3] The Last Guardian (SCEJ, TBA) – 124 votes
- 27/29. [PS4] Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Konami, TBA) – 117 votes
- 28/—. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Konami, TBA) – 103 votes
- 29/28. [PSV] 3rd Super Robot Wars Z Jigoku-Hen (Namco Bandai, 04/10/14) – 99 votes
- 30/—. [PS3] The Idolmaster: One For All (Namco Bandai, 05/15/14) – 98 votes
Thanks, Simply G
Ubisoft has filed two trademarks for Catz and Dogz, according to a stealthy spot by NeoGaf members. The trademark was filed on February 27 and signed by Ubisoft’s Yves Guillemot, but what it exactly pertains to, and which game platforms it may arrive on, is currently unknown.
Back in the mid-90s, Catz and Dogz was released for the PC, and has amassed a number of sequels over the years. Consoles soon started to draw from the craze and Petz: Catz 2 and Dogz 2 was released for the Wii in 2007. The most recent Catz and Dogz game, however, was released in 2008, with Petz Fantasy 3D branching out of the cats and dogs category for the 3DS in 2011. Whether Ubisoft’s next venture with the franchise will hit Nintendo consoles in the future, or if it will remain on the PC, is still shrouded in mystery.
Microsoft Studios executive Phil Spencer has revealed on Twitter that he loves the Super Smash Bros franchise, but says not to expect a similar game on Xbox One with Microsoft and Rare IP’s. Spencer then went onto praise Nintendo’s beloved franchises and says that’s one of the many reasons that Super Smash Bros is as renowned as it is.