This week’s Japanese sales charts are now in courtesy of sales tracker Media Create. There’s been a number of new entires in the charts this week and it appears as though Star Wars Battlefront is in big demand in Japan as it was easily the best-selling piece of software released this week. Hardware-wise it’s the Nintendo 3DS which is the best-selling platform and it’s closely followed by the PlayStation 4.
Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)
- [PS4] Star Wars Battlefront (EA, 11/19/15) – 123,908 (New)
- [PS4] Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book (Gust, 11/19/15) – 30,759 (New)
- [PSV] Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book (Gust, 11/19/15) – 25,805 (New)
- [PSV] Omega Labyrinth (D3 Publisher, 11/19/15) – 25,113 (New)
- [Wii U] Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival (Nintendo, 11/21/15) – 20,303 (New)
- [PS4] Call of Duty: Black Ops III (SCE, 10/06/15) – 19,355 (206,801)
- [PS4] Sword Art Online: Game Director’s Edition (Bandai Namco, 11/19/15) – 18,342 (New)
- [Wii U] Splatoon (Nintendo, 05/28/15) – 17,681 (802,117)
- [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi Omise Hajimerun Desu (Nippon Columbia, 11/19/15) – 16,464 (New)
- [3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team / White Dog Squad (Nintendo, 07/11/15) – 14,700 (1,744,440)
- [Wii U] Super Mario Maker (Nintendo, 09/10/15) – 13,184 (391,793)
- [PSV] Girl Friend Beta: Summer Vacation Spent With You (Bandai Namco, 11/19/15) – 12,959 (New)
- [PS3] Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book (Gust, 11/19/15) – 11,542 (New)
- [3DS] Disney Magical World 2 (Bandai Namco, 10/05/15) – 11,530 (104,959)
- [PSV] Grand Kingdom (Spike Chunsoft, 11/19/15) – 10,720 (New)
- [3DS] Pokemon Rumble World (Nintendo, 11/19/15) – 10,120 (New)
- [PS4] Assassin’s Creed Syndicate (Ubisoft, 11/12/15) – 7,247 (39,325)
- [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (SCE, 03/19/15) – 7,182 (404,329)
- [3DS] Project X Zone 2 (Bandai Namco, 11/12/15) – 7,050 (47,995)
- [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Tri-Force Heroes (Nintendo, 10/22/15) – 5,909 (100,045)
Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)
- PlayStation 4 – 29,052 (27,311)
- New 3DS LL – 28,257 (21,800)
- Wii U – 14,684 (17,921)
- PlayStation Vita – 12,258 (11,821)
- New 3DS – 5,859 (5,264)
- PlayStation 3 – 1,624 (1,751)
- 3DS – 1,012 (968)
- Xbox One – 889 (524)
- 3DS LL – 596 (561)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 583 (680)
Source / Via
One of the things that users have been dying to create in Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer is a quaint little video game store. Well, Japanese gamers will be able to do just that in the very near future. Owners of the game will be tasked next month with designing a home that looks like a game shop for Claude. We’ve yet to hear whether this task will be coming to Europe and North America, but it seems fairly likely.
Source / Via
A representative for Nintendo Europe has informed Reddit user JohnMaus that the data packs for Xenoblade Chronicles X will be available for users to download ahead of the game’s launch on December 4th. The data packs which speed up various things including the load times will be available to download from the European eShop on November 30th. Those of you in North America are able to download them right now.
Source / Via
The Game Awards 2015 are fast approaching and this year should prove to be a great year for the awards ceremony. Founder Geoff Keighley has tweeted that the show was feature 10 world premiers and will also include 10 on-stage awards. This doesn’t necessarily mean ten unannounced titles, but some of these will most likely be unannounced. Hopefully we shall get a Zelda Wii U trailer. The Game Awards 2015 kicks off on December 3rd.
Pikachu will once again be at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in the form of a massive balloon. This will be the Pokemon mascot’s 16th trip through the annual parade on Thanksgiving morning, and it will be decked out in holiday attire for a second year running. The 2015 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade begins on Thursday, November 26, at 9 a.m. in all time zones. It will be aired live across the U.S. on NBC.
Nintendo’s amiibo figures are no doubt going to be a hit with consumers this Christmas, if they can find them. Nintendo of America has ramped up the amiibo advertising and has put together a snazzy commercial for the lucrative figures which you can view above. As you know, there’s a wide range of amiibo now available, from Animal Crossing themed amiibo to Yarn Yoshi’s and Mega Yarn Yoshi. Will you be asking for any amiibo this Christmas?
YouTube channel NintendoMe have managed to get their hands on the Slosher Deco in Splatoon before it goes live later this evening in North America and tomorrow morning in Europe. As you can see from the video the new weapon allows you to cover large areas in ink which is exactly what the doctor ordered. The extensive video gives you an overview of the weapon and plenty of gameplay action. Check it out, above.