Final Fantasy character designer and Kingdom Hearts producer Tetsuya Nomura has redesigned Batman. The redesign was part of his DC Comics Variant Play Arts Kai line of re-imagined toy figures. The interesting design will be displayed at Square Enix’s booth at San Diego Comic-Con. What do you think to the redesign?
From Mercenary to Magician, Carpenter to Cook, prepare for a life filled with endless choice and epic adventures on 26th September when Fantasy Life, a role-playing game containing dynamic life simulation elements, releases in Europe on Nintendo 3DS and 2DS systems.
Set in the fantasy world of Reveria, choose to live your life your own way, and at your own pace, with 12 Life classes to choose from, a vast open world to explore, hundreds of items to collect and craft, and countless characters to get to know throughout the land. At the heart of the game is the innovative Life system, which allows you to switch between Life classes at almost any point in the game, with your choices not only upgrading your character, but also shaping your journey along the way.
More details for the game will be revealed leading up to launch on 26th September. In the meantime, to catch a snapshot of the 12 different Life classes in Fantasy Life, the game’s opening movie can be viewed above.
The Hyrule Warriors information contained within the latest edition of Famitsu has now been translated and you can read it below. Nintendo also updated their image library with plenty of content from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time which you can view here.
- Toys with her enemies with ninja like movement
- Uses the harp as her main weapon
- Also carries knives
- With the harp she can play magical melodies to assign various elemental attributes and to attack with that attribute
- With the power of flame Sheik can drop flaming boulders on enemies
- If you perform “unleash of magical power”, you can use the power of lightning to sweep enemies
- Sheik speaks in a mysterious way that has hidden hints of the future
- Sheik is addressed as a brave warrior from the Sheikah tribe; there is no word that she is Zelda
- In the story, Sheik appears before Link and co. and suggests cooperation
- She uses magic to summon water, move and attack
- Ruto can also unleash power that has been gathered from attacks to shoot water
- She is proud but has a gentle heart Lake Hylia
- When Cia twisted dimensions, lake’s surroundings were influenced with ice
- Sheik and Impa encounter hostile Zelda in the water temple
- Zelda also has company in the form of some monsters
- Sheik aims the mirror of truth towards the person who looks like Zelda and… (Famitsu doesn’t finish the sentence)
- Has superhuman strength and handles the heavy hammer with ease
- His specialty is a rolling attack
- He can also summon the power of fire by hitting the ground Death Mountain
- Sheik and Impa walk towards Death Mountain to stop some monsters
- On the way they encounter a fairy who tells them that unusual things have happened
- Sheik and Impa then speed up their travel
- But does that fairy shout “Hey!” with robust voice?
- Uses halberd with a fire element
- Can attack enemies with giant blades
- Can also create walls of fire to pincer enemies’ movement or create dragon of flames to burn down enemies
- Uses a big branch and lends the power of the Deku Tree
- Uses seeds, leaves, and roots to attack
- Can plant seeds into the ground
- The seed will soon grow and when the transformation is complete it will unleash attacks; you can ride the Deku child
- She can use the Deku Leaf from Wind Waker to blow enemies away from a large range
- Original stage for this game
- The center piece of the forest is the Great Deku Tree which is huge and has many branches
- Great Deku Tree acts as a guardian deity
- People have built a village in the forest; they can take shelter in the caves of the great tree
- You can pick force shards or kill enemies to build up knockout/musou attack meter
- When it is full you can unleash a powerful knockout attack which attacks enemies from a wide area
- There are also items that build up a magic meter
- When full, you can perform “unleash of magical power” – This effect lets you attack faster
Not only did the latest edition of Famitsu contain plenty of scans which showcased some of the familiar characters featured in Hyrule Warriors, but it also contained a wealth of interesting information. The latest edition of Famitsu goes into depth about several things including the boomerang and also the Skulltula collecting system.
- You can obtain the boomerang from a treasure chest and use it as an item
- If the boomerang hits an enemy, it will make it stand still for a short amount of time
- You may also acquire strengthening item which transform the boomerang into the Gale Boomerang
- Gale Boomerang springs forth a tornado which will make enemies float
- If enemies are hit when they are midair they will take more damage than usual Skulltulas
- There are 100 Gold Skulltulas in the world – One will appear as an enemy if certain special conditions are met
- If you slay one, you will get an illustration piece – You can find information about Skulltulas in the stage select screen – You will know that a Skulltula has appeared from a spider web like marker on the map which also pins down the location
- Then you have limited time to find and slay it
- If you are nearby, you will hear a rustling sound – In the picture, one of the Skulltulas is under some large boulder so bombs are needed to uncover it
- Skulltula appearance is related to used weapon/character, at least in some cases
- You can pick weapon bags from slayed enemies
- Obtained weapons are random and you won’t know how good the weapon is until you clear the stage
- You can also find “sealed weapons” from treasure boxes – These increase the amount of types of weapons that a character can use
Weapon information screen
- Empty slot. You can fill these in the junk shop. At maximum you may have 8 skills.
- Sealed skill. Needs to fill requirements to unlock. In the picture, you need to kill 3000 enemies
- Skill (in picture “rupee increase”).
- Attack power.
- .Attribute. There are fire, water, lightning, light and darkness. If you use attribute that enemy is weak for, the damage will increase.
- Rarity of the weapon. More stars means rarer
- Weapon name; in the picture it is a variation of Biggoron’s Sword
More details on weapons/shopping
- Junk shop is part of the shopmall
- In junk shop you can compose stronger weapons by switching skills
- Ex: swap a skill from a powerful weapon into your favorite weapon
- There are limits on how many skills of a same skill group you can have in one weapon at once – It seems that the weapon from which the skill is swapped from will turn into materials and so it is lost
The latest Nintendo Minute has been uploaded online and this particular episode sees the team visit the Capcom headquarters in Northern California. There isn’t any take over talk, but there’s plenty of discussion about the upcoming games that company has for Nintendo platforms, including Mega Man and Monster Hunter 4.
Scans from Japanese gaming publication Famitsu are currently doing the rounds online. This latest batch of Hyrule Warriors scans show off the recently announced Princess Ruto, Sheik and Darunia as well as stages from the acclaimed The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time such as Death Mountain and Lake Hylia. You can see all the scans, above.
NintenDaan has uploaded some footage from Kirby Fighters Z and Dedede’s Drum Dash Z for the Japanese Nintendo 3DS eShop. Kirby Fighters Z is a Kirby-themed Smash Bros mini-game where you must defeat other Kirby CPUs with a chosen ability and DeDeDe’s Drum Dash Z is rhythm based game. Be sure to watch the videos.
This week’s Japanese charts are now in courtesy of Media Create. Yokai Watch 2 for the Nintendo 3DS remains the best-selling video game by a long shot. Nintendo 3DS sales dropped after last week but remains decent at 37.377. Wii U sales remain steady at 8.209. You can see the Japanese software and hardware charts, below.
- [3DS] Yokai Watch 2: Ganso / Honke (Level-5, 07/10/14) – 331,946 (1,648,653)
- [PSV] Oreshika: Tainted Bloodblines (SCEJ, 07/17/14) – 93,775 (New)
- [PS3] Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea (Gust, 07/17/14) – 43,744 (New)
- [3DS] Gundam Try Age SP (Bandai Namco, 07/17/14) – 21,524 (New)
- [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo, 05/29/14) – 14,992 (542,358)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch (Level-5, 07/11/13) – 12,790 (1,208,077)
- [PSV] Freedom Wars (SCEJ, 06/26/14) – 9,761 (262,427)
- [3DS] Taiko Drum Master: Don and Katsu’s Space-Time Great Adventure (Bandai Namco, 06/26/14) – 9,258 (101,478)
- [3DS] Pokemon Art Academy (Nintendo, 06/19/14) – 5,714 (69,636)
- [PS3] Watch Dogs (Ubisoft, 06/26/14) – 5,628 (59,585)
- [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V Low Price Version (06/26/14) – 5,090 (23,659)
- [3DS] Pokemon X / Y (Pokemon, 10/12/13) – 4,925 (4,106,912)
- [PS4] Murdered: Soul Suspect (Square Enix, 07/17/14) – 4,467 (New)
- [PS4] FIFA 14 (EA, 02/22/14) – 4,094 (67,541)
- [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 (Capcom, 09/14/13) – 3,905 (3,311,605)
- [PS4] Watch Dogs (Ubisoft, 06/26/14) – 3,455 (85,832)
- [3DS] Happe-chan Minna de Odekake! Wakuwaku Hoppe Land!! (Nihon Colombia, 07/17/14) – 3,433 (New)
- [3DS] Pro Evolution Soccer 2014: Aoki Samurai no Chousen (Konami, 05/22/14) – 2,996 (70,108)
- [PSV] Persona 4 Golden (Atlus, 06/14/12) – 2,929 (304,785)
- [Wii U] Wii Sports Club (Nintendo, 07/17/14) – 2,898 (New)
Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)
- 3DS LL – 31,192 (55,531)
- PlayStation Vita – 27,352 (38,907)
- Wii U – 8,209 (8,658)
- PlayStation 3 – 7,389 (7,763)
- PlayStation 4 – 6,456 (7,150)
- 3DS – 6,185 (6,425)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 2,249 (1,803)
- PSP – 556 (779)
- Xbox 360 – 129 (140)
HYPER JAPAN 2014 is almost here and to celebrate being part of the event, the Nintendo Official UK Store is offering visitors to the event the opportunity to buy Tomodachi Life on Nintendo 3DS & 2DS for just £17.49. This represents a massive saving of 50% on the current Nintendo Official UK Store price.
To qualify for this offer, visitors to HYPER JAPAN 2014 must present their Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL or 2DS handheld console at the Nintendo Official UK Store (located on the Nintendo stand). The first 500 qualifying visitors will be offered the opportunity to purchase a boxed copy of Tomodachi Life for £17.49. All other qualifying visitors will be offered the opportunity to purchase a digital version of the game for £17.49. This offer is exclusive to HYPER JAPAN 2014 being held in Earls Court, London and is only redeemable at the event on 25, 26 and 27 July 2014.
Tomodachi Life is Nintendo’s latest quirky edition to Nintendo 3DS & 2DS. In the game, players own bustling fantasy island, which they populate with Mii characters based on their friends, family or anyone they wish – watch crazy things happen as their Mii characters interact! Visitors who already ownTomodachi Life will be able to use StreetPass at HYPER JAPAN 2014 to exchange rare items or explorers.
Those that head to the Nintendo stand will also be able to get their hands on games playable to the UK public for the first time, including Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on Nintendo 3DS & 2DS and Super Smash Bros. on Nintendo 3DS & 2DS. Nintendo will be holding Super Smash Bros. tournaments on Nintendo 3DS & 2DS throughout the day, and only winners of each tournament will get the chance to be able to play Super Smash Bros. for Wii U in a final, with prizes to be won. Nintendo fans will also be able to put their pedal to the metal and race with friends in Mario Kart 8 on Wii U as well as having an exclusive chance to see amiibo on display at the event, Nintendo’s recently announced NFC-activated interactive figures.
In addition to getting to grips with Nintendo’s latest games, the Nintendo Official UK Store will have exclusive merchandise on sale, normally only available online.
US retail outlet Kmart currently has some good deals going if you’re a Wii U owner. If you decide to sign up for its free Shop Your Way program, and then pre-order two games, you will get $41 back in credit that you can use to purchase yourself another game. Here’s the games that are eligible for the deal.
- Mario Party 10
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Super Smash Bros. Wii U
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
- Hyrule Warriors
- Bayonetta 2
- Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Thanks, Jester, Joel, and HeroponLuigi