Update: They are looking to bring the game to retail which hopefully means it is coming.
Yooka-Laylee has already gotten off to a good start with an immensely successful Kickstarter campaign and now the team at Playtonic are looking to bring the 3D platformer to retail. The company announced today that Team17 will be publishing the game at retail and it will be released next year. Team 17, the team behind Worms, will help Playtonic out with localisation, certification, QA, marketing and other business matters.
“Team17 has significant experience in making the most of releasing a game,” explained Gavin Price, creative lead and studio head at Playtonic.
“Personally I feel it would be a great shame if after our great Kickstarter success, we delivered on our promise of a great game and then it underperformed sales-wise because we didn’t have the knowledge, or made a mistake in the way we released or marketed the game.”
“Thanks to our Kickstarter backers, we’re on a really positive trajectory and Team17 is acting like a booster for us on top of that by handling non-game dev tasks.”
“[This partnership] is probably more significant than either Team17 or Playtonic fully realise right now,” she says. “They are friends of ours and we want to help it make sense for everyone.
Thanks, Luma Party
After months of rumour and speculation Terraria the action-adventure sandbox video game has been reconfirmed for both the Nintendo 3DS and the Wii U. If you are attending Gamescom next month then you will be able to go hands on with both versions. Guess all we need now is an official release date.
Thanks, Conor P
It is Thursday which means it is time to find out what is available to download on the Nintendo eShop in the United States. There aren’t too many new releases this week, but Badlands Game of the Year Edition is available and features more than 15 hours of single-player levels. As promised there’s three Kirby games available on the Wii U Virtual Console these are, Kirby Squeak Squad (Nintendo DS), Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (Nintendo 64) and Kirby’s Return to Dream Land (Wii). Here’s what’s available for download this week.
- NintendoeShop on Wii U
- BADLAND: Game of the Year Edition – Fly through the award-winning world of BADLAND and discover an astonishing number of imaginative traps, puzzles and obstacles on the way. BADLAND is a side-scrolling action adventure with innovative physics-based game play and stunning atmospheric graphics and audio. Purchase and download now to enjoy beautiful HD visuals, more than 15 hours of single-player levels and up to four-player local multiplayer awesomeness with co-op and death matches! Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- Xeodrifter – Xeodrifter is the story of an interstellar drifter traveling the stars on a simple mission of exploration. Blast your way through alien landscapes, seek out valuable secrets and defeat ancient guardians to unlock powers in this exciting journey of mystery and adventure. People who buy the Wii U version of Xeodrifter will also be able to download the game for Nintendo 3DS for free – and vice versa! Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- New Splatoon Update – On Aug. 5, a free software update for the Splatoon game on the Wii U console brings new content to the game, including two new matchmaking modes, new weapon types, an increase to the game’s level caps and more than 40 pieces of new gear. Following this update, more content will continually roll out through the rest of the summer and fall, including the Rainmaker Ranked Battle mode, additional maps and new weapons. For more information visit http://splatoon.nintendo.com.
- Just Dance 2016 – Demo Version – Play the free Just Dance 2016 demo today in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U! No additional Wii Remote controllers are required – you can download the free Just Dance Controller app to your iOS or Android device to turn your smartphone into a controller.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
Nintendo eShop Sales:
- NintendoeShop on Wii U
- Elliot Quest is 15 percent off (reduced from $12.99 to $10.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on August 13.
- High Strangeness is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 3 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 9.
- 99Moves, Abyss and Rock Zombie from EnjoyUp are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 27.
- NintendoeShop on Nintendo3DS
- Miiverse has an entire new look and new features! – With a new Screen Shot Album and Play Journal features, there is a lot to explore! Get ready to have more fun than ever sharing tips, drawings and comments on Miiverse. Check out https://miiverse.nintendo.net/special/redesign_announcement for all the fun details.
- Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. “Sink or Swim” Tournament – See how your squad stacks up online in Nintendo’s Public Tournaments. Top players earn unique titles that are visible online and earn major bragging rights with your friends and around the world. The new “Sink or Swim” tournament runs July 31 through Aug. 9. Opt in via the SpotPass feature for notifications about future tournaments. Good luck, agents!
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
- New themes this week include:
- Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: Classic Theme
Also new this week:
Source: Nintendo PR
Nintendo Japan has revealed that there are more adorable Mii Fighter costumes coming to Super Smash Bros which will arrive tomorrow morning in Japan. There’s a costume for Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia, the Flying Man from the EarthBound series for Brawlers and a honey bear costume for Gunners. The Super Smash Bros update arrives everywhere on July 31st and promises to be an impressive one.
Source / Via
Thanks to those who sent this in
A new selection of adorable Nintendo-approved Splatoon capsule toys is now on sale from Takara Tomy Arts in Japan. Priced at 200 yen, each toy comes with a mini chain that allows it to be hung and shown off from various places, such a purse or backpack. There are six colors in total: orange, pink, purple, blue, green and turquoise. The Splatoon game is available now worldwide, exclusively for Wii U.
One of the new weapons coming to the ultra-fun Splatoon is the Slosher. You can use it to scoop up large quantities of ink and cast it at the terrain and at your deadly opponents. It covers quite a large area with paint and also has height and reach at its advantage so it should be an interesting weapon to wield. You can check out the Slosher in action in the video embedded below.
Source / Via
We have learned today that Super Mario Maker will have 99 amiibo costumes as unlockable content. The news was revealed on the official Super Mario Maker Japanese website. Fear not, if you don’t have the amiibo you can still unlock the costumes if you complete the 100 Mario Challenge. The game will take up 1.4GB and you will be able to use the Wii Remote, Classic Controller (Pro), Pro Controller with the game. Super Mario Maker launches on the Wii U this September.
Source / Via