Nintendo France has taken to Twitch to give gamers a glimpse of the upcoming Super Smash Bros Wii U. Nintendo France is currently live streaming the Wii U version on Twitch and are playing a four player battle as I type. Be sure to tune into their channel right now.
This week’s Japanese sales data is now in thanks to Media Create. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate remains the best-selling software in Japan easily outselling the competition. However, hardware sales continue to be a worry with the Nintendo 3DS selling 96,590 units and the Wii U only managing 4,273. Here’s the best-selling software and hardware this week in Japan.
Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)
- [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Capcom, 10/11/14) – 172,348 (1,945,850)
- [PS3] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2014 (Konami, 10/23/14) – 81,981 (New)
- [PS3] The Evil Within (Bethesda Softworks, 10/23/14) – 59,388 (New)
- [PS4] The Evil Within (Bethesda Softworks, 10/23/14) – 59,204 (New)
- [PSV] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2014 (Konami, 10/23/14) – 50,836 (New)
- [3DS] Tales of the World: Reve Unitia (Bandai Namco, 10/23/14) – 47,037 (New)
- [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo, 09/13/14) – 36,625 (1,647,529)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch 2: Ganso / Honke (Level-5, 07/10/14) – 30,497 (2,786,183)
- [PSV] Super Hero Generation (Bandai Namco, 10/23/14) – 16,802 (New)
- [PS3] Super Hero Generation (Bandai Namco, 10/23/14) – 12,566 (New)
- [PSV] Chaos Rings III: Prequel Trilogy (Square Enix, 10/16/14) – 6,967 (19,402)
- [PS3] Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix (Square Enix, 10/02/14) – 6,238 (123,546)
- [XBO] The Evil Within (Bethesda Softworks, 10/23/14) – 3,233 (New)
- [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo, 05/29/14) – 2,821 (693,208)
- [3DS] Dragon Quest X Online (Square Enix, 09/04/14) – 2,676 (111,276)
- [PS3] FIFA 15 (EA, 10/09/14) – 2,451 (23,062)
-  The Evil Within (Bethesda Softworks, 10/23/14) – 2,319 (New)
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo, 11/08/12) – 2,367 (3,800,198)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch (Level-5, 07/11/13) – 2,234 (1,289,968)
- [PSV] Danganronpa: Another Episode (Spike Chunsoft, 09/25/14) – 2,132 (98,528)
Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)
- New 3DS LL – 59,386 (60,348)
- New 3DS – 21,281 (29,341)
- PlayStation Vita – 12,230 (8,761)
- 3DS LL – 10,665 (16,771)
- PlayStation 4 – 8,942 (8,046)
- 3DS – 5,258 (6,778)
- PlayStation 3 – 5,138 (4,779)
- Wii U – 4,273 (5,293)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 795 (630)
- Xbox One – 613 (728)
- Xbox 360 – 89 (88)
- PSP – 76 (100)
Nintendo has revealed today during their Q2 earnings release that the wacky Tomodachi Life has sold an impressive one million units in the west. The game has seen 1.27 million sales this fiscal year which is April 2014 to September 2014. The life to date sales for the game currently stand at 3.12 million.
Nintendo has released a new update for Pokemon X and Y today. The new update brings both games up to version 1.3 and features stability enhancements and general bug fixes. As per usual, you’ll need to update your copy of X and Y in order to battle other players in online multiplayer with the Player Search System, or if you’d like to use wonder trade, game sync, or download new Pokemon via mystery gift.
Considering Diancie begun distribution on October 27 throughout US GameStop stores, it’s a possible explanation as to why many users were encountering error codes. Players will need to make sure they have space on their SD card for the 320 block download, which can be found over on the eShop or when launching the software.
During Nintendo’s Quarter Two Earnings Report the company revealed that 7.29 million Wii U consoles have been sold worldwide since the console launched in 2012. However, with the recent Xbox One price cut it’s thought that Microsoft’s latest console will soon overtake the Wii U. Microsoft announced that the Xbox One sold 5 million units back in August. Sony has revealed that its PlayStation 4 has sold 10 million units worldwide.
Nintendo UK has revealed a brand new Mario Kart 8 bundle is now in stock at the official online store. The new mega bundle features the Mario Kart 8 premium Wii U bundle, which comes with 32GB of storage and a physical disc of the popular racing title, a red Mario wheel for all your in-game anti-gravity thrills, a Mario Wii remote, and a Mario decal for your GamePad. But if you still can’t get enough of the red-capped plumber, you can always dress up for the occasion with a Mario hat, while leaping into play with Cat Mario and friends in Super Mario 3D World.
Exclusive to the Nintendo UK online store, this ultimate Mario Kart 8 bundle can be purchased for £299.99. With big savings on an impressive deal, it’s perfect for the upcoming Christmas season. You can take a look at the bundle, here.
Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata says he feels much healthier following his surgery to remove a bile-duct growth earlier this year. The company president has returned to work and resumed his regular work schedule, appearing in front of the media for the first time since his surgery in June in order to report Nintendo’s second quarterly financial earnings. During the presentation, Iwata remarked that he had lost weight, though felt much healthier.
The growth first came to light when Satoru Iwata skipped E3 for health-related problems. But it was during Nintendo’s AGM in June that the president explained his absence, saying he was currently resting after recent surgery to remove the growth. Iwata’s high spirits will thankfully continue as earlier today Nintendo posted a net profit of 14.3 billion Yen, smashing analysts predictions.