Nintendo World store has confirmed via Twitter that they will be hosting a Pokemon Art Academy launch event on October 25th in New York. The company invites those who attend to bring their artwork to life during the Pokemon Art Academy launch event. The special event will run from 11am to 3pm, so be sure to attend.
Peripheral manufacturer PDP has added four new fight pad controllers based on iconic Nintendo characters, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus and Wario. The controllers are GameCube style Wii Classic Controllers and join the previously announced Mario, Peach, and Yoshi designed ones. You can purchase a fight pad for $25.
Thanks, Martin T
Nintendo Europe has begun sending out emails to European Club Nintendo members to reward them with a free theme to celebrate this year’s Halloween. The email contains a code for the theme which you can redeem on the console. The description says that it comes with ‘The Black Cat’s Dance’ background music to get your spine a-tingling, while scrolling the Touch Screen might give you the feeling you’re being watched. Here’s how you redeem your code.
Thanks, Cosmicluma and Kallum
Nintendo of America has detailed precisely which games you can get your hands on this week via the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U eShop. The big new release this week is Bayonetta 2 which has received a number of stellar reviews. Level 5’s Fantasy Life is also going to made available on the Nintendo 3DS eShop. Here’s this week’s downloads.
- NintendoeShop on Wii U
- A bewitching Bayonetta deal! – Anyone who purchases the digital version of Bayonetta or Bayonetta 2 in the Nintendoe Shop on Wii U will receive an automatic discount that will be applied to the purchase of the other game, making the total for both games just $59.98.
- Bayonetta 2 – Bayonetta’s back and more powerful than ever. Wield wild new weapons and execute deadly new moves – like the powerful Umbran Climax – to take out angels and demons in this breathtaking action game. You can even team up with friends in two-player online co-op fights. Bayonetta 2 will be available on Oct. 24. A free demo for Bayonetta 2 is now available in the Nintendo eShop. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- Bayonetta – Bayonetta is a butt-kicking, havoc-wreaking witch, and she’ll shoot, whip and slice as she uncovers the truth about her own past. Her weapons and moves are all stylishly over the top, but she can also dodge attacks to slow down time and inflict Torture Attacks on her enemies. Bayonetta will be available on Oct. 24.
- Just Dance 2015 – The world’s No. 1 dance game is back with new moves, game modes and more than 40 top tracks, featuring hit songs by Maroon 5, Pharrell Williams and Rihanna. In the new Community Remix, players become a Just Dance coach, while in the new Dance Challenger Mode, everyone can dance along or compete against players around the world. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- NintendoeShop on Nintendo3DS
- Fantasy Life – It’s time to get a Life! Embark on the adventure of your dream life as you craft, cast, battle and role-play like never before. With the innovative Life system, your choices don’t just upgrade characters – they help shape your journey! Fantasy Life will be available on Oct. 24. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- Pokémon Art Academy – Players take on the role of a young aspiring artist who enrolls in the prestigious (and colorful!) Pokémon Art Academy to learn how to draw Pokémon under the tutelage of Professor Andy. Through novice lessons they are taught the basics of art and introduced to various tools and techniques they will use to create a variety of different Pokémon from every known region. Pokémon Art Academy will be available on Oct. 24. Click here to watch a trailer for the game. Get a download code for the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Special Demo Version when purchasing the Pokémon Art Academy game exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 2DS (download codes are available while supplies last). Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, the next games in the beloved Pokémon series, both launch on Nov. 21.
- Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse – Set sail for adventure with Shantae, the belly-dancing, hair-whipping half-genie. When Shantae loses her genie magic, she must team up with her arch nemesis Risky Boots and become a pirate in order to save Sequin Land from an evil curse. In this new adventure, Shantae travels to mysterious islands, explores daunting labyrinths, masters pirate weapons and slays huge boss monsters with her signature hair-whip attack. Shantae and The Pirate’s Curse is now available exclusively on Nintendo 3DS. Click here to watch a trailer for this game.
Nintendo eShop Sales
- NintendoeShop on Nintendo3DS
- Sweet Memories: Black Jack is 30 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $2.79) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 6.
- Wakedas is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 6.
Also new this week:
- Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land – Oct. 30 (Virtual Console on Wii U)
- Demon’s Crest – Oct. 30 (Virtual Console on Wii U)
- Gargoyle’s Quest II: The Demon Darkness – Oct. 30 (Virtual Console on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS)
Twitter user Nintendo Hall has discovered via the Nintendo 3DS eShop that the highly regarded Shovel Knight will be coming to Europe on November 6th. The same user also found that Picross e5 will be arriving on November 13th. Good news for European fans.
Respected UK video game magazine EDGE has awarded Super Smash Bros on the Nintendo 3DS a solid 8/10. There’s no details from the review, but EDGE are renowned for being rather stringent with regards to review scores. You can see what EDGE gave the other games in the latest issue, below.
- Destiny – 8
- DriveClub – 7
- Forza Horizon 2 – 7
- The Vanishing of Ethan Carter – 8
- Middle Earth : Shadow of Mordor – 7
- Costume Quest 2 – 7
- Wasteland 2 – 7
- Super Smash Brothers 3DS – 8
- D4 – 7
Nintendo of America has announced via YouTube that a National StreetPass Weekend is going to take place on October 31st. To celebrate the occasion, Nintendo uploaded the amusing video which you can view above. Let’s hope there’s plenty of participants.