Nintendo of America has created a fun little page which asks users to vote which Mario themed character you would like to spend Valentines Day with. The jokers amongst you have chosen Bowser who appears to be the winner at the moment and he’s closely followed by Rosalina. Sadly the lovely Princess Peach hasn’t received too many votes. You can check out the fun-filled page, here.
Is that time once again when the BAFTA video game awards nominees are announced and you’ll be pleased to know that Mario Kart 8 has made the cut. The game is currently nominated for Best Audio Achievement and also Best Video Game. Strangely, Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U hasn’t been nominated for any awards which is a real shame. Still, at least Mario Kart 8 is on their radar. You can check out all the nominees for this year’s event at the link here.
Game Trailers has quizzed its fan base to find out which titles they’re most looking forward to this year. As you already know there’s a ton of big budget games on the horizon from Bloodborne to The Legend of Zelda on Wii U. So here’s the games that the Game Trailers community are looking forward to playing the most.
1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
2. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
3. Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
4. Uncharted 4
6. Batman: Arkham Knight
7. Final Fantasy XV
8. No Man’s Sky
9. Persona 5
10. Xenoblade Chronicles X
Game Trailers love to produce various lists and this time they’re revealing which games they’re looking forward to the most this year. There’s some really big titles coming out this year, so it’s nice to see The Legend of Zelda Wii U take the top spot. Here’s their own personal choices for the most wanted game of 2015.
1. The Legend of Zelda
3. The Witcher 3
4. Persona 5
5. Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain
6. Batman: Arkham Knight
8. No Man’s Sky
9. Xenoblade Chronicles X
10. Uncharted 4
It seems as though XSEED is about to unleash a number of titles this year. The company produced a banner which it put on Facebook teasing their twenty fifteen releases. A number of these have already leaked due to recent domain name acquisitions. These titles include Corpse Party: Blood Drive, Lord of Magna, Trails of Cold Steel and Xanadu Next. Sounds like there’s plenty of games to look forward to this year courtesy of XSEED.
We published the Famitsu sales charts on Tuesday, but there seems to be some discrepancy between those and the Media Create sales figures. The Famitsu numbers were apparently the prior week’s numbers which were published late due to the holidays. Anyway, now we’ve got the official Media Create charts which shows us sales data from December 29th to January 4th. Consoles sales have predictably gone down after Christmas with the Nintendo 3DS selling 153K and the Wii U managing 30K. Yokai Watch 2 remains the best-seller post-Christmas and continues to dominate the number one spot. Here’s the best-selling hardware and software in Japan.
- [3DS] Yokai Watch 2: Shinuchi (Level-5, 12/14/14) – 207,932 (2,247,129)
- [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire (Pokemon, 11/21/14) – 110,895 (2,394,239)
- [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo, 09/13/14) – 70,913 (2,072,848)
- [Wii U] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Nintendo, 12/06/14) – 58,008 (529,244)
- [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Capcom, 10/11/14) – 45,754 (2,391,014)
- [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo, 05/29/14) – 28,403 (880,180)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch 2: Ganso / Honke (Level-5, 07/10/14) – 24,121 (3,064,221)
- [3DS] Final Fantasy Explorers (Square Enix, 12/18/14) – 22,928 (233,796)
- [PSV] Gundam Breaker 2 (Bandai Namco, 12/18/14) – 18,104 (101,768)
- [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar Games, 12/11/14) – 17,451 (135,665)
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo, 11/08/12) – 16,672 (3,885,120)
- [PS3] Gundam Breaker 2 (Bandai Namco, 12/18/14) – 15,464 (104,410)
- [3DS] Gotouchi Tetsudou: Gotouchi Chara to Nihon Zenkoku no Tabi (Bandai Namco, 11/27/14) – 13,854 (60,984)
- [3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 12/01/11) – 12,913 (2,450,300)
- [3DS] Sumikkogurashi koko ga Ochitsukun desu (Nihon Colombia, 11/20/14) – 11,875 (86,517)
- [3DS] Attack on Titan: The Last Wings of Mankind CHAIN (Spike Chunsoft, 12/04/14) – 11,052 (70,018)
- [3DS] Aikatsu! 365-Hi no Idol Days (Bandai Namco, 12/04/14) – 10,863 (96,401)
- [3DS] Tomodachi Life (Nintendo, 04/18/13) – 10,648 (1,773,200)
- [Wii U] Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Nintendo, 11/13/14) – 10,421 (130,381)
- [3DS] Kirby Triple Deluxe (Nintendo, 01/11/14) – 9,160 (686,479)
Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)
- New 3DS LL – 76,439 (105,947)
- PlayStation Vita – 56,700 (42,405)
- PlayStation 4 – 42,216 (33,150)
- New 3DS – 40,338 (49,503)
- Wii U – 30,031 (43,950)
- 3DS LL – 19,096 (25,653)
- PlayStation 3 – 17,867 (12,578)
- 3DS – 17,293 (15,171)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 1,305 (1,090)
- Xbox One – 637 (1,162)
- Xbox 360 – N/A (121)
- PSP – N/A (7)
Thanks, Simply G
Looks like we won’t be seeing a mainline 3D Mario title for the Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS in 2015. The news was confirmed by Nintendo of America’s Bill Trinen who said in an interview that the company doesn’t have a sequel to Super Mario 3D World planned for release this year. However, we are getting the intriguing Mario Maker on Wii U and Mario Party 10, so that’s something.
Mario games release more frequently but we don’t have a new Mario game this year so it’s not an annual event. The teams focus on how they can recreate the gameplay experience or introduce new ideas to those games, which is what they did with NES Remix, for example.