Koei Tecmo released a selection of screenshots from the Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 — check them out below! Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 is the latest entry in the long-running Samurai Warriors series. This latest iteration has a unique costume cameo thanks to Link and Zelda outfits lifted directly from Hyrule Warriors.
When people say “Fire Emblem,” what comes to mind is typically a dynamic RPG, single-player experience. This is why it came as a pretty hefty surprise when Japanese players found an online mode in Fire Emblem Fates (released today in Japan as Fire Emblem If).
The online mode utilizes a 5-on-5 deathmatch battle, with either local friends with the game or random or friend-based online play. The 5 characters chosen are all chosen from units in one of your save files. Random battles can be played with standard rules or with item limitations. Additionally, the fog of war effect is disabled during the battles.
Fire Emblem Fates is an upcoming Nintendo 3DS exclusive, releasing in North America and Europe in 2016.
The charts from Japan are out thanks to Media Create, and the week shows the anticipated decline in Wii U sales. While Splatoon’s numbers are down again (expectedly) from last week, it remains in third place on the chart for the second week in a row. As a result, it seems that Wii U sales took a 5K dip, week over week.
New Nintendo additions to the list include Rhythm Heaven: The Best+ (at number 1) and Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden (at number 2). As a result, Nintendo consoles have control over the top 3 titles this week, with a 10K Nintendo 3DS boost. In the top 20 games, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U hold a commanding 13 titles (11 and 2, respectively). For more information, check out the full chart below:
Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)
- [3DS] Rhythm Heaven: The Best+ (Nintendo, 06/11/15) – 157,591 (New)
- [3DS] Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden (Bandai Namco, 06/11/15) – 74,660 (New)
- [Wii U] Splatoon (Nintendo, 05/28/15) – 53,198 (266,929)
- [PSV] The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Evolution (Falcom, 06/11/15) – 20,484 (New)
- [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo, 05/29/14) – 9,661 (1,029,263)
- [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (SCE, 03/19/15) – 9,657 (199,989)
- [PS4] The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Spike Chunsoft, 05/21/15) – 8,723 (111,834)
- [PS4] Alien: Isolation (Sega, 06/11/15) – 6,227 (New)
- [PSV] Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus (Spike Chunsoft, 06/04/15) – 6,070 (22,295)
- [3DS] Girls Mode 3: Kira Kira Code (Nintendo, 04/16/15) – 4,891 (151,194)
Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)
- New 3DS LL – 19,620 (10,677)
- Wii U – 16,413 (21,169)
- PlayStation 4 – 10,822 (11,763)
- PlayStation Vita – 10,797 (10,829)
- New 3DS – 4,329 (4,086)
- PlayStation 3 – 2,633 (2,716)
- 3DS – 943 (2,089)
- 3DS LL – 880 (1,039)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 566 (610)
- Xbox One – 100 (219)
Mario and Luigi have set out on another adventure which is exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS. The game its titled Mario & Luigi Paper Jam and it will be out in Spring 2016. Maybe it will be released earlier in Europe, we shall have to wait and see.
Nintendo has announced a release date for upcoming 3DS title Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer. We first learnt of this game in a previous Nintendo Direct, though a release date had yet to be announced. Fans of the franchise who enjoy designing homes and coming up with intriguing patterns for clothes and furniture will be pleased to know the game will release slightly earlier in North America on September 25, and in Europe later on October 2, 2015. In Europe, the game will also arrive with a complimentary amiibo card.
If you are dying for more news about the upcoming, untitled Fire Emblem game for Nintendo 3DS, today is your lucky day. Nintendo’s Japanese YouTube channel published a couple of videos (entirely in Japanese) showcasing cutscenes and gameplay.
The new Fire Emblem game will be released in Japan June 25th. For those living in Europe and North America, the release will be sometime in 2016.