Super Smash Bros producer Masahiro Sakurai has revealed via Miiverse that Super Smash Bros for the Nintendo 3DS will feature a gorgeous Paper Mario Sticker Star themed stage. The newly announced stage is fragile so Sakurai hinted that strong winds will blow the stage away. He also revealed a second screenshot this time of a stage based on the S.S. Flavion from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. Here’s what Sakurai had to say.
Pic of the day. For the first time ever in the Super Smash Bros. series, here’s a Paper Mario stage! It’s made of paper, so strong winds will blow it away.
Since the stage is paper, it transforms when it folds over and opens up again. This ship is the S.S. Flavion from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
Thanks to those who sent this in
Nintendo of America has confirmed on last night’s Twitch stream that Mysterious Murasame Castle will be coming to North America for the first time on August 7th. There’s rumours that one of the protagonists Takamaru could be announced as a possible retro character for Super Smash Bros, but that’s just a rumour at present.
SEGA and Nintendo of America have announced that Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal for Nintendo 3DS will be in North American stores November 11th. Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric will be available on Wii U on November 18th. You can see the box-arts above and below.
Thanks to those who sent this in.
News has emerged from a Japanese publication that a brand new One Piece game has been revealed for the Nintendo 3DS. The game is titled One Piece: Super Grand Battle. The information needs translating, but let’s hope this one makes its way to the west.
We learned last week that Activision has teamed up with Platinum Games for the console versions of The Legend of Korra. However, we found out that the Nintendo 3DS version is being developed by Webfoot Technologies. The console version won’t be coming to Wii U, but a recent listing on Amazon provides us with more information about the intriguing turn-based strategy version of The Legend of Korra on the 3DS. Here’s a little bit of info on the title.
- Original Avatar storyline penned by the TV show’s creators
- Wield the power of all 4 elements-air, earth, fire and water as only the Avatar can
- Change bending styles at any time to unleash devastating combos
- Beat overwhelming odds by activating the all-powerful Avatar state
If you fancy grabbing a bargain today then look no further than the Nintendo eShop for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Ubisoft has put 17 of its games up for sale including the critically acclaimed Rayman Legends and the immensely popular Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag. The games will be available at this price point until July 7th.
3DS games on sale:
Wii U games on sale:
Nintendo of America has detailed precisely which games North American gamers will be able to download this week on the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS eShop. The games are as follows:
- Celebrate E3 with Featured Franchise Favorites
- Nintendo eShop Sale – Save up to 30 percent on top franchises being featured at E3, including select Super Mario Bros., Sonic the Hedgehog, The Legend of Zelda, LEGO and Yoshi games. Hurry — the sale in the Nintendo eShop for both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS ends Monday, June 16, at 8:59 a.m. PT.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Pac-Land – Take control of PAC-MAN on his home island of Pac-Land and try to help a lost fairy home. Your journey will take you through bustling towns, rugged mountains, dangerous ravines and vast deserts. To make matters worse, the ghosts of Pac-Land will stop at nothing to stand in your way. Can you complete this fantastical rescue mission and make it back home in time for dinner?
- PAC-MAN Collection – Enjoy four games in one featuring the iconic chomping yellow hero. In PAC-MAN, PAC-MANIA and PAC-MAN Arrangement, help PAC-MAN collect all of the dots and survive multiple levels of mayhem. In PAC-Attack, line up blocks from left to right as they drop down. Think quick, move quicker and plan a path so PAC-MAN can make his attack.
- Soccer – Direct your team up and down the field, pick from seven international teams – USA, Great Britain, France, Germany, Brazil, Japan and Spain – and perform all the kickoffs, throw-ins, goal kicks and corner kicks seen in a real match. You can choose the skill level of the opposing team on a scale from one to five, so as your team improves, so do your opponents. You even choose the length of the match. As time ticks down, do your best to score the winning goal.
- Virtual Console on Nintendo3DS
- Double Dragon II: The Revenge – Billy and Jimmy Lee, the Double Dragons, are back to avenge the loss of Marion. In their quest to defeat the evil Shadow Warriors, Billy and Jimmy must complete nine missions, facing deadly street gangs, ninjas and huge mutant fighters. The duo must traverse through construction sites, alleyways and underwater hideouts complete with secret elevator shafts, spiked ceilings and razor-sharp mechanical claws. Can Billy and Jimmy contend with the enemies placed before them and save the world?
- NintendoeShop Sales
- Nicalis Games – To celebrate the recent release of 1001 Spikes, Nicalis is discounting select games in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS, including Ikachan, Cave Story 3D, NightSky and VVVVVV. This offer ends at 9 a.m. PT on June 26.
- INAZUMA ELEVEN – It’s almost summer, and international soccer excitement is in the air. Celebrate the season with a worldwide sale on soccer RPG INAZUMA ELEVEN, now 50 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. This offer lasts until 9 a.m. PT on July 13.
- Soccer Up 3D – For a limited time, Soccer Up 3D is available at the discounted price of $2.99 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. This offer ends at 9 a.m. PT on July 16.
- Resident Evil Revelations – A scary good deal. Starting today until 9 a.m. PT on June 19, Resident Evil Revelations on Nintendo 3DSand Wii U will be 50 percent off in the Nintendo eShop.
- QubicGames – For a limited time, QubicGames is discounting select games in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS, including 2 Fast 4 Gnomz and AiRace Speed. This offer ends at 9 a.m. PT on July 2.
- Also new this week:
Masahiro Sakurai has today provided players with a glimpse of how the bottom screen looks on the Nintendo 3DS version of Super Smash Bros. Judging from the image provided I couldn’t think of a better way to utilise that second screen. Super Smash Bros for the Nintendo 3DS is coming this summer, while the Wii U version is scheduled for release sometime in the winter.
“Here’s a first look at the bottom-screen display for the Nintendo 3DS. Your name will appear in the area above the accumulated damage. And if you tap one of the fighter displays…!”
The best-selling LEGO Batman videogame franchise returns in an out-of-this-world, action-packed adventure! In LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham, the Caped Crusader joins forces with the super heroes of the DC Comics universe and blasts off to outer space to stop the evil Brainiac from destroying Earth. Using the power of the Lantern Rings, Brainiac shrinks worlds to add to his twisted collection of miniature cities from across the universe. Now the greatest super heroes and the most cunning villains must unite and journey to different Lantern Worlds to collect the Lantern Rings and stop Brainiac before it’s too late.
The official Nintendo product page for The Amazing Spider Man 2 reveals that the Nintendo 3DS version of the game is being developed by High Voltage. High Voltage is probably best known for their Wii title The Conduit and its follow-up The Conduit 2.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 takes place outside the events of the second film in a unique story where Spider-Man discovers a larger threat to NYC that has turned the underworld upside down. Villains from the film as well as fan-favorite, classic Marvel characters are woven together in a twisted web of adrenaline-fueled, free-roaming, web-slinging action that puts players on a collision course with an evil far beyond Spider-Man’s reckoning.