MCV is reporting that sales of the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 went through the roof on Black Friday in the United Kingdom. The publication neglects to mention Wii U which presumably means it didn’t fare anywhere near as well as the other two consoles. What’s interesting is the publication reports that the handheld market is down by almost a third compared to the same stage in 2013.
Looks as though the Wii U turned out to be a success on eBay during Black Friday. The retailer has reported that Nintendo’s latest home console sold 4,000 units in less than 14 minutes on Black Friday. The retailer says the reduced bundle for $259.99 and the iPad Air were its top sellers for the sale period. However, sales don’t appear to have been so great elsewhere as the console only roughly captured about six percent of the console market on Black Friday.
The Wii, priced at $259.99, sold out 4,000 units in less than 17 minutes, with customers snapping up four of the devices per second. The $399 iPads sold at a rate of one per second, with 2,000 disappearing in a just over 30 minutes.
Thanks, Pikachu and Kallum
The Wii U captured about six percent of the console market on Black Friday, November 28th. According to data collected by InfoScout, Nintendo’s system placed just above PlayStation 3 but below Xbox 360, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Both Xbox platforms dominated the console market, owning 62 percent of the market share. InfoScout’s data was accumulated from purchases made at major retailers carrying electronics, including Walmart, Target, Best Buy and GameStop.
Popular retailer eBay has announced exactly which deals you’ll be able to get your hands on this Black Friday. The deals kick off on Thursday November 27th at 9pm PST. The main Nintendo deal on offer is a Wii U with a copy of Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land for $259.99 which is 33% off according to the retailer. The company will also be selling the same bundle on Cyber Monday for $249.99. That deal kicks off at 9pm PST next Sunday.
We are nearing Black Friday so it’s time for those American retailers to start listing their spectacular deals for consumers. There’s a few Nintendo deals to be found at GameStop this year from the flyer which has been published online. You’ll be able to pick up the Retro NES Edition Nintendo 3DS XL For $199.99 or if you own a Nintendo 3DS XL you may want to opt for the Monopoly: The Legend of Zelda set for $39.99. You can check out GameStop’s Black Friday deals, right here.
Retailers are running some hot deals through Black Friday and Toys R Us don’t seem to be an exception, especially for those interested in the Skylanders franchise. There’s even a Wii U with Skylanders Swap Force available for $199.99. The Black Friday deals go on sale on Thursday at 5pm. Here’s what you can get cheap this year.
- Starts Thursday 5pm
- All Skylanders Trap Team Starter Packs $37.50
- B1G1 70% Off All Skylander Trap Team Figures & Traps
- All Skylander Spyro Adventures Single Figures 4 for $10 (Must Buy 4 for Offer)
- All Skylander Giants & Swap Force Single Figures B1G1 70% Off
- Wii U Skylanders Swap Force Bundle $199.99
- B1G1 40 Off All Video Games Reg. $19.99-$59.99 (Excludes Starter Packs)
- Skylanders Swap Force Carry & Display Case $14.99
- Nintendo 3DS XL Mario Party Island Tour Bundle $179.99
- Flashback Consoles (Intellivision,Colecovision,Sega or Atari) $29.99
- PS4 500GV Bundle (Includes GTA V+The Last of Us) or (Lego Batman 3+Little Big Planet 3) $399.99
- Xbox One with Kinect $429.99
- Xbox One Kinectless Assassin Creed Bundle $329.99
- B1G1 $2 All “R” Superbuy Video Games (Reg. $14.99-$19.99)
- All Disney Infinity Starter Packs $39.99 – $59.99
- All Disney Infinity 2.0 Figures B1G1 70% Off
- Starts Friday 7am
- Skylander Trap Team Starter Pack $49.99
- B1G1 40% Off All Skylanders Trap Team Figures & Traps
Thanks to those who sent this in.
Black Friday is almost upon US consumers and there’s set to be plenty of deals to wet gamers appetites. Best Buy is offering a 32GB Deluxe Wii U console with Super Smash Bros, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land for $359.97. Best Buy will also be stocking a Nintendo 3DS XL with Mario Party Island Tour for $175. Will you be buying?