Capcom has released a brand-new trailer for the Monster Hunter Tri expansion, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, which releases March 2013 for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. The upcoming game features new monsters to hunt and cross-platform play between Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. The Wii U version includes online multiplayer, in which you can hunt with other players from around the world.
Nintendo is making sure visitors to the New York Comic Con will have a treasure trove of fun games and activities to keep them entertained. From Oct. 11-14, fans are encouraged to visit the Nintendo booth (No. 1510) at the Javits Center to play games and enjoy giveaways such as special Paper Mario: Sticker Star stickers (while supplies last). Fans who collect all four stickers will then be eligible to receive a special bonus sticker. The first 400 fans who collect the special fifth sticker will receive a giant sticker they can then attach to a massive, community-created Paper Mario: Sticker Star billboard. Signs at the booth will let visitors know when each sticker becomes available.
Paper Mario fans who are really into stickers can volunteer to be “sticker-bombed.” At a station outside the main entrance of the Javits Center, fans will have the opportunity to be covered in as many Paper Mario: Sticker Star stickers as possible.
Nintendo is also hosting a Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 Launch Celebration one block north of the Javits Center at SIR Stage37 at 508 W. 37th St. The lounge will be free and open to the public from noon to 8 p.m. and will give visitors the chance to enjoy features like a Pokémon photo booth, a distribution station for the Mythical Pokémon Genesect, Pokémon-themed ice sculptures, a live performance from the Chicago-based band I Fight Dragons and Pokémon giveaways (while supplies last). Visitors also can try out the new Pokédex 3D Pro prior to its Nov. 8 launch. A New York Comic Con badge is not required for admission to this event.
- New Super Mario Bros. 2: Throughout the day, entrants can play through different courses featured in the recently released downloadable Coin Rush mode course packs. High scores will be posted and updated throughout the day. All participants will receive a Gold Mario pin for playing (while supplies last), and the top scorer at the end of each day’s play period will receive a Nintendo 3DS XL system.
- Kid Icarus: Uprising: Throughout the day, up to six players at a time can compete in five-minute Free-For-All rounds. At the end of the qualifying period, the top 12 highest scorers of the day will compete in three rounds of Free-For-All play, and whoever has the highest combined score from those three rounds will be the day’s champion. All participants will receive a Kid Icarus: Uprising Series 2 AR Card pack (while supplies last). The top scorers from each day will receive a Kid Icarus pin. The champion from each day will win a Kid Icarus AR Card Core Set, containing more than 400 cards that have been released to date and a Nintendo 3DS XL system; each day’s second-place finisher will receive a Kid Icarus AR Card Core Set.
Visitors to the main Nintendo booth (No. 1510) will be able to sample a fun lineup of some of the best Nintendo games for the holidays, as well as the upcoming Wii U console. The following games will be playable:
For Wii U:
- The Wonderful 101
- Nintendo Land
- New Super Mario Bros. U
- Game & Wario
- Pikmin 3
- NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor’s Edge
- Scribblenauts Unlimited
- Rayman Legends
- Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
For Nintendo 3DS:
- Paper Mario: Sticker Star
- Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion
- Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?!
- Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
- Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
- Style Savvy: Trendsetters
- Kid Icarus: Uprising
- New Super Mario Bros. 2
Capcom has announced that Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the Nintendo 3DS will be one of the games that will be playable at this years New York Comic Con. The long-awaited game will be playable on the show floor, as well as in a separate private room. New York Comic Con runs from October 11th until October 14th.
Last week, Sega said that the Wii U version of Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed will be released in November but claimed that it was a mistake. During a recent interview, Sega’s Derrek Peel stated that Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed will be released on November 20th for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation Vita.
A couple of days ago, it seemed like the Deadpool video game was confirmed for Wii U. During a Q&A session at Comic-Con, a fan asked if she or he can play Deadpool and a panelist replied by saying, “You will be able to play on the Wii U.” The panelist was referring to the Wii U version of Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth, in which you can play as the character Deadpool in the game. However, Deadpool may come to Wii U because no platforms have been officially announced.
Deadpool, the video game, is being developed by High Moon Studios and will be published by Activision. A Wii U version of the game is apparently confirmed. According to Wii U Gamers, during Comic-Con, Deadpool producer Pierre Leroux was asked whether the game will be released on Wii U and he responded by saying that it will be playable on Nintendo’s upcoming console.
BitBlock has managed to capture some great footage of New Super Mario Bros U from this years Comic Con, which has been taking place in San Diego. The New Super Mario Bros U demo is actually the same demonstration I played a few months back, so no doubt a few of you will have already seen the levels on display. Still, the game is clearly looking great.
Square Enix will be showcasing a few games, including two Nintendo 3DS titles, during San Diego’s Comic-Con this week. Comic-Con attendees will be able to preview Heroes of Ruin, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman: Absolution and Tomb Raider.
- Heroes of Ruin – Available on July 17, HEROES OF RUIN challenges players to carve their own adventure as a Gunslinger, Alchitect, Vindicator or Savage. Pushing social and online interaction to the forefront of gameplay through innovative use of the Nintendo 3DS™ system, players can trade rare and powerful items through an in-game shop which has an inventory updated through creative use of StreetPass™.
- Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] – Celebrating the franchise’s 10th anniversary, KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] features a spectacular story that promises to be a fun backdrop to the colorful cast of Disney characters making their 3D debut on a handheld title. In addition to brand new worlds, KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] will also feature never before seen gameplay elements and will be available on July 31.
- Sleeping Dogs – Sleeping Dogs catapults players into the role of undercover cop Wei Shen, tasked with taking down one of the world’s most fearsome criminal organizations from the inside – the Hong Kong Triads. As players explore the bustling and crowded Hong Kong island, through its neon-lit side streets and sprawling street markets, an incredible story unfolds of loyalty and betrayal, where Wei begins to question his own motives as he is sucked in deeper than he could ever imagine.
- Hitman: Absolution – HITMAN: ABSOLUTION follows Agent 47, a cold-blooded assassin, who takes on his most dangerous contract to date. Betrayed by those he once trusted — and now hunted by the police — he suddenly finds himself at the center of a dark conspiracy and must embark on a personal journey through a corrupt and twisted world.
- Tomb Raider – Armed with only the raw instincts and physical ability to push beyond the limits of human endurance, TOMB RAIDER delivers an intense and gritty story into the origins of Lara Croft and her ascent from a frightened young woman to a hardened survivor.
At this year’s Comic-Con International 2012 event taking place July 12-15 at the San Diego Convention Center, members of the general public will enjoy an early chance to get their hands on Nintendo 3DS XL, a new version of the Nintendo 3DS system with 90 percent larger screens that launches August 19th.
In addition to Nintendo’s booth at the show (#5135), multiple activities will take place at a special Nintendo Gaming Lounge in the San Diego Ballroom at the Marriott Marquis & Marina at 333 W. Harbor Drive, adjacent to the San Diego Convention Center. A Comic-Con badge is not required to gain entry to the Nintendo Gaming Lounge.
Games that are scheduled to be playable at the Nintendo Gaming Lounge include:
Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo 3DS XL
- New Super Mario Bros. 2
- Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
- Kid Icarus: Uprising
- Mario Kart 7
- Super Mario 3D Land
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate (Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.)
- HEROES OF RUIN (Square Enix)
- KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] (Square Enix)
- LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
- Pokémon Conquest
- Kirby’s Dream Collection: Special Edition
- Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)