Polygon journalist Alexa Ray Corriea has tweeted that DmC and Heavenly Sword developer Ninja Theory are helping Disney out with Disney Infinity 2.0. The action loving developers will be bringing their combat experience to the popular franchise and they’re making Loki, Green Goblin, Ronan and Princess Jasmine.
The official Disney Infinity YouTube channel has announced that both Aladdin and Jasmine will be available in Disney Infinity 2.0. The company says, bring on the Dreamer. Bring on the Daring. Bring on a whole new world. Aladdin and Jasmine are coming to the Disney Infinity Toy Box 2.0. What new worlds will you create? Each character is sold separately and has unique abilities only playable in the 2.0 edition of Disney Infinity.
Disney and Marvel have released a brand new trailer for Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes which will be coming to the Wii U this fall. The company says soon you’ll be able to play as some of Marvel’s most formidable foes: Loki from The Avengers, Green Goblin from Spider-Man and Ronan from The Guardians of the Galaxy play sets in Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition). Characters are playable in their respective play sets and the Toy Box 2.0.
Disney and Marvel have confirmed that Disney Infinity 2.0: Guardians of the Galaxy will be coming to the Wii U this fall. Disney invites players to join Marvel’s newest team in an action-packed space adventure in a battle to defend Knowhere against Ronan the Accuser and his army of Sakaarans. Star-Lord and Gamora are included in the Guardians of the Galaxy Play Set Pack. Rocket, Drax and Groot sold separately. Disney Infinity 2.0: Guardians of the Galaxy is coming to PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U and PC.
- Star-Lord & Gamora are in the playset, while you have to buy Rocket, Groot, & Drax separately.
- Everyone is based off their movie designs except Drax, who draws from his Ultimate Spider-Man design (adding evidence to the rumored/sorta leaked GotG animated series)
- Kid Nova is fully compatible with the GotG playset, even though he’s from the Spider-Man playset.
- There’s a Power Disc that turns the Toy Box into Knowhere, & Knowhere is in the playset, too.
- Cosmo, the telepathic Russian space-dog from the 2008 run, is in the game as the guide for the Guardians, similar to his role in the comics.
- Star-Lord & Rocket got voice changes since their appearances on Ultimate Spider-Man & Avengers Assemble, while Gamora, Groot (at least Kevin Michael Richardson, who replaced Michael Duncan after his untimely death), & I think Drax’s VAs reprise their roles.
Disney revealed that it has been busy developing Disney Infinity: Marvel Superheroes. The game is coming this fall to the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and iOS.
- Award-winning comic book writer Brian Michael Bendis working on the game’s story
- 6 characters revealed: Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow
- Over a dozen more to come
- All of the figures and power discs from the first Disney Infinity will be compatible
- All Toy Box content created in the first game will work in the second
- New and existing characters will be able to reach level 20
- Upgrade tree system will give players choice in how they progress
- Starter kit comes with three figures, the Avenger’s playset piece, and a pair of Toy Box game discs
- Toy Box games use game assets to create new experiences
- Genres for Toy Box games include tower defense and dungeon crawlers
- Toy Box mode returns, but has been streamlined for easier use
- Paint brushes have been included
- These will instantly procedurally generate cities and scenery
- AI workers can be released into the play space to build on their own content
- Create building interiors
- Pre-made game templates available, including ready-made 1-4 player games
Disney and Marvel have recently joined forces to present a united front under the Disney Infinity franchise – which will be officially unveiled in a press conference on April 30 – but the company has no current plans to feature any Star Wars characters.
Rumours had been floating across the virtual spectrum that characters from the Star Wars universe may find their way into Disney Infinity, and it was further escalated when the Disney Store posted a Darth Vader figure – pictured above – onto their official Facebook page.
However, the company has since clarified to a social network user that plans to incorporate the franchise are not in motion “at this moment in time.” Patience is a virtue, as they say. Here’s what Disney said in full:
“Whilst there are no plans for Star Wars to join Disney Infinity at this moment in time, Laura, please do continue to check back for more exciting updates to our Star Wars collection!”
announced the introduction of Marvel’s beloved superheroes for Disney Infinity 2.0. Rumours had begun circulating the world wide web back in February when the Wall Street Journal reported “new versions” were in development and could feature a Marvel superhero.
Marvel Entertainment and Disney Interactive Studios together
Yesterday, Marvel Entertainment released a trailer – which you can see above – starring the very first Avenger. It’s only a sneak-peek of the events to come, though, but at the very least we can get a glimpse of Captain America’s famed shield. Since the rumours were spot on regarding Marvel’s characters, could we be looking at the inclusion of the rumoured Star Wars characters too?
Aside from character inclusion, the sequel to Disney Infinity is currently referred to as “2.0”. Although this oddly sounds like an updated version rather than a sequel, it could be a recurring trend for the franchise.