Disney Infinity 3.0 — in other words, the Star Wars Edition — will be heading to Wii U in late August. People living in Europe will get the game slightly earlier (August 28) than in North America (August 30th). The starter pack comes with a Star Wars Twilight of the Republic play set, a copy of the game, an NFC reading base, a web key for some mobile content, and Anakin Skywalker and Ahsokao Tano figures.
If you are the type to pre-order games, putting down money (on either the starter pack or standalone game) will land you a new toy box game piece at certain retailers. If you are specifically looking for the Boba Fett figure as well as the Rise Against the Empire play set will have to wait until the Sony exclusivity deal passes. Owners who already have the base from previous games have the option of grabbing the game on its own, or a bundle featuring the software and the Twilight of the Republic play set. Along with Wii U, the game is set to release on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.
It seems as though Warner Bros and LEGO could well be bringing out their own toys-to-life title to compete against Disney Infinity, Skylanders, and amiibo. The game is rumoured to be in development at Travellers Tales and is due for release sometime later this year. LEGO is an extremely lucrative brand so this should provide some real competition to what’s currently out there. The LEGO game will launch alongside a range of compatible LEGO figures.
Polygon journalist Alexa Ray Corriea has tweeted that DmC and Heavenly Sword developer Ninja Theory are helping Disney out with Disney Infinity 2.0. The action loving developers will be bringing their combat experience to the popular franchise and they’re making Loki, Green Goblin, Ronan and Princess Jasmine.
The official Disney Infinity YouTube channel has announced that both Aladdin and Jasmine will be available in Disney Infinity 2.0. The company says, bring on the Dreamer. Bring on the Daring. Bring on a whole new world. Aladdin and Jasmine are coming to the Disney Infinity Toy Box 2.0. What new worlds will you create? Each character is sold separately and has unique abilities only playable in the 2.0 edition of Disney Infinity.
Disney and Marvel have released a brand new trailer for Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes which will be coming to the Wii U this fall. The company says soon you’ll be able to play as some of Marvel’s most formidable foes: Loki from The Avengers, Green Goblin from Spider-Man and Ronan from The Guardians of the Galaxy play sets in Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition). Characters are playable in their respective play sets and the Toy Box 2.0.
Disney and Marvel have confirmed that Disney Infinity 2.0: Guardians of the Galaxy will be coming to the Wii U this fall. Disney invites players to join Marvel’s newest team in an action-packed space adventure in a battle to defend Knowhere against Ronan the Accuser and his army of Sakaarans. Star-Lord and Gamora are included in the Guardians of the Galaxy Play Set Pack. Rocket, Drax and Groot sold separately. Disney Infinity 2.0: Guardians of the Galaxy is coming to PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U and PC.
- Star-Lord & Gamora are in the playset, while you have to buy Rocket, Groot, & Drax separately.
- Everyone is based off their movie designs except Drax, who draws from his Ultimate Spider-Man design (adding evidence to the rumored/sorta leaked GotG animated series)
- Kid Nova is fully compatible with the GotG playset, even though he’s from the Spider-Man playset.
- There’s a Power Disc that turns the Toy Box into Knowhere, & Knowhere is in the playset, too.
- Cosmo, the telepathic Russian space-dog from the 2008 run, is in the game as the guide for the Guardians, similar to his role in the comics.
- Star-Lord & Rocket got voice changes since their appearances on Ultimate Spider-Man & Avengers Assemble, while Gamora, Groot (at least Kevin Michael Richardson, who replaced Michael Duncan after his untimely death), & I think Drax’s VAs reprise their roles.
Disney revealed that it has been busy developing Disney Infinity: Marvel Superheroes. The game is coming this fall to the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and iOS.
- Award-winning comic book writer Brian Michael Bendis working on the game’s story
- 6 characters revealed: Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow
- Over a dozen more to come
- All of the figures and power discs from the first Disney Infinity will be compatible
- All Toy Box content created in the first game will work in the second
- New and existing characters will be able to reach level 20
- Upgrade tree system will give players choice in how they progress
- Starter kit comes with three figures, the Avenger’s playset piece, and a pair of Toy Box game discs
- Toy Box games use game assets to create new experiences
- Genres for Toy Box games include tower defense and dungeon crawlers
- Toy Box mode returns, but has been streamlined for easier use
- Paint brushes have been included
- These will instantly procedurally generate cities and scenery
- AI workers can be released into the play space to build on their own content
- Create building interiors
- Pre-made game templates available, including ready-made 1-4 player games