Thorium Wars: Attack of the Skyfighter, on the 3DS eShop next week. Arriving only in North America for the moment, while details of the European release are marked out, the sequel to the 2009 DSiWare title will bring players back into the Thorion war and feature a choice of three Skyfighter air crafts to pilot in a heated battle to save humanity.
Big John Games is gearing up to release its air fighter title,
Thorium Wars: Attack of the Skyfighter will also introduce players to three difficulty settings before taking on a mission, as well as numerous opportunities to earn combat medals in levels. There’s also a special boost manoeuvre enabling accurate dodging and an all-new charged shot mode for when players find themselves in a sticky situation.
Developed by 3PM Games, the sequel will arrive on the 3DS eShop on August 28 for North America, priced at $7.99. Check out the trailer above to see some of the air combat in action.
Nintendo of Europe has revealed exactly which new games can be downloaded digitally in the eShop this week. Earlier this year, Nintendo of Europe and America gave out exclusive demo codes to Club Nintendo members in order to promote Tomodachi Life before its release. But to sustain its popularity, a free eShop demo was available to download for North America back in July. For European 3DS owners, a free eShop demo will arrive this Thursday, August 21, for the quirky life simulation game, so those who haven’t jumped into the game so far will be able to do so.
Also arriving in the eShop come Thursday is Mega Man IV for the Virtual Console, along with a variety of temporary discounts, including the Ubisoft sale which continues until August 28. Check out the list below and see if anything tickles your fancy this week.
- Tomodachi Life Demo – Free
- Bit Boy!! ARCADE Demo (Bplus) – Free
- Mega Man 4 (GB VC) – €3.99/£3.59
3DS Temporary Discounts
- Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL World Duel Carnival – €19.95/£17.99 (usually €39.95/£34.99) until September 5
- Nano Assault EX – €7.49/£6.35 (usually €9.99/£8.49) until September 11
- Aqua Moto Racing 3D – €5.99/£5.39 (usually €7.99/£7.19) until September 18
- Van Helsing Sniper ZX100 – €2.69/£2.69 (usually €6.66/£6.66) until September 24
- Adventures of Lolo (NES VC) – €4.99/£3.49
- Double Dragon II: The Revenge (Arc System Works, NES VC) – €4.99 / £3.49
Wii U Temporary Discounts
- Nano Assault Neo – €7.49/£6.70 (usually €9.99/£8.99) until September 11
- Chasing Aurora – €3.49/£2.99 (usually €6.99/£5.99) until September 11
The Japanese eShop listing for the recently released Hyrule Warriors apparently says that additional characters, weapons and scenario are planned to be distributed in the near future. We’ve still got a while for the game to release over here as it’s not due until September.
Rumor: “Additional characters, weapons and scenario are planned to be distributed!” says eShop page of HW.
Nintendo of Europe has confirmed that all issues have been resolved with XType Plus and is now back up on the Wii U eShop. Just last week, the shoot-em-up game’s developer Dominic Szablewski reported that a number of users were having trouble with a particularly naughty in-game bug, which in turn caused their Wii U to crash. To halt any further complications, Nintendo removed XType Plus temporarily from the eShop while the issue was investigated.
Fortunately, the cause of console freezing was found and an update now opens online leaderboards and highscore replays. The developer has claimed everything appears to be running smoothly with the game, saying the following on Miiverse:
“Again, thanks for your patience! I can’t wait to see you all in the online leaderboards :)”
A recent listing on the Nintendo eShop shows that the Wii U version of SteamWorld Dig will be coming on August 28th. We’ve yet to receive word as to when the game will launch in the United States. The Nintendo 3DS version currently has a score of 82 on Metacritic.
Tilmen from Nintendomination has got his hands on the hilariously named Bombing Bastards for Wii U. The game, which is developed by Sanuk Games, should be familiar to anyone that has played the iconic Bomberman. Bombing Bastards contains the following features:
- 5 picturesque worlds with 30 wicked mazes.
- A huge bestiary of critters to blast.
- A multitude of items and power ups to collect.
- 5 hellish boss levels whose punishing difficulty will only be matched by the satisfaction you’ll get once you beat them.
- A hilarious single-player adventure where you help the witty Dr. Wallow get rid of all the critters and become the ruler of the galaxy.
- A fully customizable battle mode for 2 to 5 players using the Gamepad, Wii Remotes, Pro Controllers and/or Classic Controllers.
- Over 10 minutes of caustic comments from Dr. Wallow, voiced by David Goldfarb.
- 7 famous pieces of classical music electronically butchered by Samuel Safa.
Facepalm Games have announced today that their unique PC space-puzzler game The Swapper will be coming to the Wii U eShop this November. The development studio have made sure that they’ve put the Wii U GamePad to good use as the game features a touch-only mode and intuitive control-stick options. The game will cost around £10 and £12 in the United Kingdom.
Thanks, Christopher B
Frozenbyte, the developers behind the well-received Trine series, has announced that Trine Enchanted Edition will be coming to Wii U. The game is a rebuild of the original Trine video game utilising Trine 2’s gorgeous engine. The game is also coming to the PlayStation 4.
A recent listing on the PEGI website shows that Mega Man 7 will be coming to the Wii U eShop at some point in the future. The game hasn’t been officially announced for Wii U, but as it’s already been rated for the eShop it shouldn’t be too far away.
Wondering which games are available for download this week on the Nintendo eShop? Well wonder no more. There’s a scattering of indie games on the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U that you can download including Siesta Fiesta and Wooden Sen’SeY. Here’s what’s available this week in the United States.
- NintendoeShop on Nintendo3DS
- Siesta Fiesta – Siesta Fiesta combines various elements of classic arcade game play – from brick-breaker to modern-day platformer – to create a truly unique adventure. Use the ball-like Siesta to smash Piñata Blocks, activate power-ups, battle bosses and trigger a host of wacky contraptions. Siesta Fiesta is available exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- NintendoeShop on Wii U
- Wooden Sen’SeY – Jump and grapple your way through exotic worlds, dodging obstacles such as fire, collapsing platforms, pits and whirring metal blades. If you want a real challenge, speed through 30 hair-tearing levels as quickly as possible in Time Attack mode and try to beat the developers’ times in each stage. Clickhere to watch the latest trailer for Wooden Sen’SeY.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Ufouria: The Saga – Join Bop-Louie as he searches for his three friends to help him escape an unknown world. But it won’t be easy. Brain-boggling mazes, traps and bizarre pitfalls stand in your way back to Ufouria. Click here to watch the trailer for Ufouria: The Saga.
- Virtual Console on Nintendo3DS
- Blaster Master – Jason, in search of his pet frog named Fred, has fallen down a manhole into a world of danger. Mutant-sized creatures he never imagined await him at every turn. In order to survive, Jason must pair up with an armored combat vehicle codenamed SOPHIA. It’s panic or perish as you blast through an endless maze of tunnels, seeking secret passages for an escape.
- NintendoeShop Sales
- Trine 2: Director’s Cut – Trine 2: Director’s Cut is 60 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $7.99) until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 12 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
- Joindots Game Sale – 3D Game Collection, Gardenscapes, Jewel Match 3 and more Joindots games are on sale until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 14 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Poker Dice Solitaire Future – Poker Dice Solitaire Future is 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $0.99) until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 6 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
- Chubbins is being reduced to $3.99 from $5.99 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.