Paladin Studios will be bringing Momonga Pinball Adventures to the Wii U on October 15th. The pinball title was previously released on IOS and Android, and was originally announced for the Wii U in 2013. It will be available in both Europe and North America and will be available to download from the Nintendo eShop. Paladin Studios has also uploaded a new trailer along with this announcement which can be viewed on their YouTube channel.
Today is a hell of a day for Team Meat. Besides officially releasing Super Meat Boy on PlayStation consoles via PlayStation Plus, they have released a blog post on their official blog hinting at a possible Wii U release. Among the lengthy post thanking the porters, Sony, and the fans, Team Meat threw in a small tease:
To the fan’s we’re still excluding I’ll leave you with this: Wii haven’t forgotten about U.
Undoubtedly a hint for Nintendo owners, it seems like Team Meat may be pushing to release their indie-darling on Wii U next. Super Meat Boy originally released October 20, 2010 on Xbox 360 and has since been re-released on PC, Mac, and (as of today) PlayStation consoles.
According to a tweet from developer Moving Player, their 2D side-scrolling Wii U title Rakoo & Friends will be available October 15th on Nintendo eShop in both America and Europe. The game, which starts the titular fox Rakoo, is a remake of a Bandai Namco mobile game (Rakoo’s Adventures). However, the Wii U version is more than just a port, sporting five-person multiplayer and Wii U GamePad integration. Check out the trailer below:
Earlier this week, we posted about Medabots: Metabee, and Medabots: Rokusho coming to the European Nintendo eShop. The titles were first released on the Game Boy Advance, and have now arrived on the Wii U via the Virtual Console for €6.99 / £6.29. If you want to see the gameplay of Medabots: Metabee on the Wii U, Nintendaan has posted a first look video showing over thirty minutes of gameplay. You can check it out over on his YouTube channel.
The local multi-player Wii U title, Toto Temple Deluxe, has been released today on the Nintendo eShop in North America and Europe. The aim of the game is to keep a goat on your head for as long as possible, without the other players stealing it from you.
Although the game has the option for local multi-player, if you play alone it will have ‘bots’ with various difficulty levels to take the place of other players. Nintendo has released a launch trailer, so you can check out the gameplay before making your mind up on this title – you can watch this over on Nintendo’s YouTube channel.
Nintendo of America has detailed exactly which games you will be able to get your hands on this week via the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U eShop. You will be pleased to learn that Freedom Planet is finally available for download after suffering numerous delays. Those in Europe hoping for the game will have to wait a little longer as the game isn’t expected to come out until November. Anyway, here is what is available this week in the United States.
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U – DLC – Fans of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U can now add even more fun with a free update and new DLC for purchase on both versions. The free update includes a Duck Hunt stage for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and the ability to upload match replay highlights to YouTube in the Wii U version of the game. In addition, players can now purchase new Mii Fighter costumes – like Fox (from the and Star Fox series) and Toad outfits – as well as a Pirate Ship stage for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U inspired by The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and a Super Mario Maker stage for both versions of the game. For full details, visit http://www.smashbros.com/us/.
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Freedom Planet – Fight your way across the celestial world of Avalice, where cats are green, motorcycles drive up walls and monster girls do most of the butt kicking! Freedom Planet is a cartoony, combat-based platform adventure that pits a spunky dragonoid and her friends against an alien attack force. If you downloaded the demo during the limited-time Nindies@Home promotion, you can save 15 percent off your purchase of Freedom Planet until Nov 1. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- Toto Temple Deluxe – Toto Temple Deluxe is a fast-paced, local-multiplayer king-of-the-hill style game, in which players must steal an egg-laying goat from their friends and try to keep it on their own head for as long as possible. You know, normal stuff. Be the first to grab the explosive goat and keep it long enough for it to detonate near your soon-to-be-dead rivals. Lose the goat and the timer resets. Play as teams or in free-for-all. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- River City Ransom – In this much-loved NES classic, free River City from the clutches of Slick and his underlings. Battle it out on the streets solo or with a friend.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Spy Chameleon and Rock ‘N Racing Off Road from EnjoyUp are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 29.
- Puzzle Monkeys is more than 60 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $0.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 22.
- Zumba Fitness World Party is 75 percent off (reduced from $39.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 12.
- Midnight is 25 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 22.
- Don’t Crash is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $1.49 to $1) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 14.
- Pixel Slime U is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $2) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 14.
- Vector Assault is 20 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $3.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 5 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 30.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Miiverse Nook’s Homes Drawing Sweepstakes – To celebrate the launch of the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer game, we’re hosting a Nook’s Homes Drawing Sweepstakes event until Oct. 30. You can enter every week for your chance to win a digital version of Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer by sharing your Animal Crossing-themed fan art on Miiverse! Click here for details.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the US (incl. DC), 13 years or older. Promotion begins 11:00 AM PT on 9/25/15 and ends 11:00 PM PT on 10/30/15. To enter, post your Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer fan art in Miiverse or mail postcard as stated in Official Rules. Twenty-five prize winners will each receive one (1) download code for the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer game (ARV US $39.99). For Official Rules, visit http://www.nintendo.com/corp/rules/nooks-home-drawing/. Sponsor: Nintendo of America Inc.
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
- New themes this week include:
- The Legend of Legacy: “The Chibi Adventurers”
- Stealth Inc. II: A Game of Clones is reduced to $9.99 (from $14.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 1.
- Battleminer is reduced to $5.99 (from $7.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 1.
Also New This Week:
- The Rivers of Alice: Extended Version (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Gemology (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- VoxelMaker (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Pumped BMX ± (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Chronus Arc (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Freedom Planet has seen plenty of delays on the Wii U, but according to the game’s creator Stevie DiDuro, the 2D platformer will be arriving on the North American eShop on Thursday. DiDuro also explained that they are having problems with releasing it in Europe and they presume that it should be available for purchase in November.