The Japanese eShop listing for the recently released Hyrule Warriors apparently says that additional characters, weapons and scenario are planned to be distributed in the near future. We’ve still got a while for the game to release over here as it’s not due until September.
Rumor: “Additional characters, weapons and scenario are planned to be distributed!” says eShop page of HW.
Nintendo of Europe has confirmed that all issues have been resolved with XType Plus and is now back up on the Wii U eShop. Just last week, the shoot-em-up game’s developer Dominic Szablewski reported that a number of users were having trouble with a particularly naughty in-game bug, which in turn caused their Wii U to crash. To halt any further complications, Nintendo removed XType Plus temporarily from the eShop while the issue was investigated.
Fortunately, the cause of console freezing was found and an update now opens online leaderboards and highscore replays. The developer has claimed everything appears to be running smoothly with the game, saying the following on Miiverse:
“Again, thanks for your patience! I can’t wait to see you all in the online leaderboards :)”
A recent listing on the Nintendo eShop shows that the Wii U version of SteamWorld Dig will be coming on August 28th. We’ve yet to receive word as to when the game will launch in the United States. The Nintendo 3DS version currently has a score of 82 on Metacritic.
Tilmen from Nintendomination has got his hands on the hilariously named Bombing Bastards for Wii U. The game, which is developed by Sanuk Games, should be familiar to anyone that has played the iconic Bomberman. Bombing Bastards contains the following features:
- 5 picturesque worlds with 30 wicked mazes.
- A huge bestiary of critters to blast.
- A multitude of items and power ups to collect.
- 5 hellish boss levels whose punishing difficulty will only be matched by the satisfaction you’ll get once you beat them.
- A hilarious single-player adventure where you help the witty Dr. Wallow get rid of all the critters and become the ruler of the galaxy.
- A fully customizable battle mode for 2 to 5 players using the Gamepad, Wii Remotes, Pro Controllers and/or Classic Controllers.
- Over 10 minutes of caustic comments from Dr. Wallow, voiced by David Goldfarb.
- 7 famous pieces of classical music electronically butchered by Samuel Safa.
Facepalm Games have announced today that their unique PC space-puzzler game The Swapper will be coming to the Wii U eShop this November. The development studio have made sure that they’ve put the Wii U GamePad to good use as the game features a touch-only mode and intuitive control-stick options. The game will cost around £10 and £12 in the United Kingdom.
Thanks, Christopher B
Frozenbyte, the developers behind the well-received Trine series, has announced that Trine Enchanted Edition will be coming to Wii U. The game is a rebuild of the original Trine video game utilising Trine 2’s gorgeous engine. The game is also coming to the PlayStation 4.
A recent listing on the PEGI website shows that Mega Man 7 will be coming to the Wii U eShop at some point in the future. The game hasn’t been officially announced for Wii U, but as it’s already been rated for the eShop it shouldn’t be too far away.