We haven’t heard too much about Devil’s Third in recent times so it’s nice to finally good to get some more information about the state of the game from its creator, Tomonobu Itagaki. Here’s what he had to say about the development of Devil’s Third via Facebook.
I recently received lots of questions about Devil’s Third from my fans.
I’d like to speak about development status of Devil’s Third in my own words, to the extent that I am allowed.
- Devil’s Third is a strong fusion between action games and shooters.
- Devil’s Third development is going smoothly. In other words, we finished editing the closing movie the other day.
- Devil’s Third will be released next year. Nintendo has already announced this in their press release.
- The scale of Devil’s Third‘s story mode is greater than that of Ninja Gaiden.
- Devil’s Third demolishes the standard of past console games in online multiplayer.
- Almost all specifications I wanted to do were implemented. I got an up-close look at the great forerunners Call of Duty, Battlefield, Gears of War, and my beloved Halo. On that basis, we added completely new level of playability that only we can create.
- Anyone can enjoy this game; from casual gamers to hard-core gamers. Let me put it this way. You guys can throw a fun party, or can kill each other in realistic war. You can play your heart out.
- This is all I can disclose to you today. I can’t tell you when the war will begin. It’s the way the world goes. I really want to tell you more, my fans waiting with crushing frustration.
It’s rough on a man!
Well, be patient just a little longer. Don’t miss it!
The Movoto Real Estate Blog has put together a fun chart that shows just how popular the current generation consoles are on Facebook. The blog has created a state-by-state breakdown of the amount of Facebook “likes” each current generation console has received. The Xbox One appears to be the most “liked” games console in 22 states and is closely followed by the PlayStation 4 which is most “liked” in 19 states. Interestingly, the Wii U hasn’t won enough “likes” to win in any states. It should also be noted that 9 states were ambivalent. You can check out the fun chart above and more details, here.
Legendary games developer Shigeru Miyamoto and Nintendo Treehouse’s very own Bill Trinen were spotted checking out the revolutionary Oculus Rift VR unit at this week’s E3 event. It would certainly be interesting to hear Miyamoto’s verdict on the new technology.
Following the news that the official Facebook pages for Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DS will collectively be known as “Nintendo Handheld Gaming”, Nintendo will also unite its Wii and Wii U Facebook pages. “Nintendo Console Gaming” will merge the 981k Wii U Facebook fans with the six million who’ve “Liked” Wii, giving the company another way to attract wide publicity for its latest home console.
Nintendo of America has announced via Facebook that it plans to change the name of its Nintendo 3DS page to Nintendo Handheld Gaming. This is probably due to the upcoming Nintendo 2DS system which launches October 12th in North America and Europe. The page is set to change to Nintendo Handheld Gaming on September 19th.
If you know your way around the racetracks of the Mushroom Kingdom, you’ll want to set up your karts and load up on Bananas as the MK7 Community Application hits Facebook on 13th August.
As well as battling it out to be immortalised in the Mario Kart 7 Hall of Fame, you will be able to compete in Weekly Races and Time Trial leaderboards, get special event notifications and chat on the Community Page. So whether you like to race against other players, compete for the fastest possible lap times or just meet other fans to play and chat with – the new Facebook app for Mario Kart 7 has something for you.
Hall of Fame
Race your way to the top and get immortalised in the Hall of Fame. Every month, the app will keep track of the best racers across theNintendo UK Mario Kart 7 Community and induct someone permanently into the Hall of Fame.
- Event Races – Get bragging rights by beating your friends and other Mario Kart 7 players from across the UK in community races every week and special monthly event races. The most recent race leaderboards will also be showcased on the community page.
- Time Trials – Think you can’t be beaten on Melody Motorway or Rainbow Road? Prove it with the Time Trial leaderboards. Each track will have its own permanent leaderboard so you can show off your skills on your favourite tracks and battle it out for the record times.
Join in the fun with other Mario Kart 7 fans online. Swap community codes, set up races with other players and participate in Mario Kart discussion on the community page.
By entering your Mii name into the MK7 Community Application, you can link to your Facebook profile and start submitting race times as well as competing in weekly and special UK events. The application will even link in with your Facebook events to notify you of upcoming races and let you see how many of your friends you’ll be competing against.
There will be more reasons than ever for Mario Kart 7 players to keep competing when the MK7 Community Application hits Facebook on13th August. To find out more, go to http://www.nintendo.co.uk/mariokart7