We already know that Final Fantasy Explorers is finally coming to the west, but what we didn’t know is that the game will be playable at Gamescom next week. Despite the game not being released here until January 2016, it is encouraging that they have a playable english build up and running. If you’re in Europe then you will be able to purchase the game on January 29th and if you live in the United States you will be able to play it on January 26th.
Nintendo Germany has tweeted that it will be live streaming on Twitch during next week’s Gamescom event in Cologne, Germany. Nintendo will be broadcasting from the event on August 6th, 7th, and 8th. It’s not clear if it is just Nintendo Germany hosting the Twitch live stream or whether Nintendo Europe and Nintendo of America will also be live streaming things from the event.
If you are considering heading to Gamescom this year then you will be pleased to learn that you will be able to grab some Pokemon at the event. If you have a copy of Pokemon Omega Ruby or Pokemon Alpha Sapphire then you will receive a serial code that gives access to download two free Pokemon. The Pokemon that are up for grabs and have been chosen by Game Freak’s Shigeki Morimototo are:
- Aromatisse with Trick Room, Heal Pulse, Disable and Moonblast.
It holds the Babiri Berry and the ability Aroma Veil.
- Malamar with Superpower, Knock Off, Facade and Rock Slide.
It holds the Assault Vest and the ability Contrary.
- Sableye with Calm Mind, Will-O-Wisp, Recover and Shadow Ball.
It holds the Sablenite and the ability Prankster.
- Bouffalant with Head Charge, Facade, Earthquake and Rock Slide.
It holds the Choice Band and the ability Soundproof.
Gamescom is fast approaching and we know that Nintendo will be at the event showcasing a number of high-profile titles including Super Mario Maker, Star Fox Zero and The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes. We have now been given a look at the extensive Gamescom Hall Plan for the exhibitors which you can view above. Gamescom takes place on Wednesday, August 5th in Cologne, Germany.
Gamescom is fast approaching and it is about time that Nintendo revealed which games they will be showcasing at the event. We now know that the company will be showcasing the likes of Star Fox Zero, Super Mario Maker and also The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes. Gamescom takes place in Cologne, Germany. The event kicks off on August 5th and promises to be a great show. Here’s the Nintendo related titles on offer as well as the special events taking place.
– Mario Kart 8 (out now)
– Super Smash Bros. (out now)
– Splatoon (out now)
– Super Mario Maker (September 11)
– Skylanders SuperChargers (September 25)
– Star Fox Zero (2015)
– Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (2015)
– Little Battlers eXperience (September 4)
– The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (Q4 2015)
– Chibi Robo: Zip Lash (2015)
– Mighty No. 9
– FAST Racing Neo
– Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows
– Steamworld Heist
– several other
Further show highlights:
– Charles Martinet
– downloads for Pokemon ORAS (Parfinesse &Calamanero / Bisofank & Zobiris)
– fan art exhibition
– Mario flashmob
– Monster Hunter Communtiy Event
– Smash Bros & MK8 & Splatoon tournaments
– Pokemon 3DS tournament and High Score Challenge for Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition
– AR card that allows you to take photos of AC characters with a special software (downlaod code included on AR card)
Popular online retailer Amazon has produced a document showing how Gamescom affected pre-orders for each system. Interestingly it was the Wii U that amassed the most pre-orders during the show. Wii U game pre-orders rose an impressive 8.67 percent. Sony’s PlayStation 4 saw pre-orders rise 5.16 per cent and Xbox One pre-orders went up 2.81 per cent. Here’s the Top 10 for the Gamescom week.
1. Project CARS (Slightly Mad Studios) 42.3 per cent increase
2. Rise of the Tomb Raider (Square Enix) 30.25 per cent increase
3. Bloodborne (Sony) 16.08 per cent increase
4. Hyrule Warriors (Nintendo) 11.77 per cent increase
5. Quantum Break (Microsoft) 10.77 per cent increase
6. Far Cry 4 (Ubisoft) 9.53 per cent increase
7. Assassin’s Creed Unity (Ubisoft) 9.44 per cent increase
8. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Warner Bros) 9.03 per cent increase
9. Battlefield: Hardline (EA) 8.81 per cent increase
10. Super Smash Bros for 3DS (Nintendo) 7.56 per cent increase
Thanks, Kallum S
Today The Pokémon Company International debuted a new trailer featuring Mega Audino, the Mega-Evolved form of Audino, at gamescom in Cologne, Germany. Audino was not known to evolve from, or to, any other form, so this is an interesting twist in the mysterious story of Mega Evolution.
Before Mega Evolving, Audino is known to use the feelers on its ears to tell how others are feeling or when a Pokémon Egg might hatch. It may have either the Healer Ability or the Regenerator Ability. After Mega Evolving, Mega Audino adds Fairy-type to its Normal-type, automatically gaining all the advantages of a Fairy-type Pokémon. Mega Audino also always has the Healer Ability. Thanks to its improved Defense and Special Defense stats, Mega Audino can be a great support in Double Battles.