The original price of Heroes of Ruin, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy is $39.99 each. For a limited time, from now until November 26th, consumers can pick up one of these games for $19.99 or all of them for $59.97. You can purchase the discounted games from the Square Enix online store or Amazon.com.
N-Space studio co-founder, Dan O’Leary, has admitted that sales for Heroes of Ruin for the Nintendo 3DS were nothing short of disappointing. O’Leary said that there’s very little chance that we will ever see a sequel to the game, which received an average Metacritic score of 69%. Here’s what he had to say about the game, and the Nintendo 3DS.
“We’re not satisfied with the sales. The 3DS attach rate is… challenging at best and it seems that, for all its promise, Heroes of Ruin did not appeal to enough of the installed base.”
“I am super pleased with what we made and would love to return to the genre one day, but I fear that Heroes did not have enough commercial impact to justify a sequel.”
Square Enix will be showcasing a few games, including two Nintendo 3DS titles, during San Diego’s Comic-Con this week. Comic-Con attendees will be able to preview Heroes of Ruin, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman: Absolution and Tomb Raider.
- Heroes of Ruin – Available on July 17, HEROES OF RUIN challenges players to carve their own adventure as a Gunslinger, Alchitect, Vindicator or Savage. Pushing social and online interaction to the forefront of gameplay through innovative use of the Nintendo 3DS™ system, players can trade rare and powerful items through an in-game shop which has an inventory updated through creative use of StreetPass™.
- Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] – Celebrating the franchise’s 10th anniversary, KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] features a spectacular story that promises to be a fun backdrop to the colorful cast of Disney characters making their 3D debut on a handheld title. In addition to brand new worlds, KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] will also feature never before seen gameplay elements and will be available on July 31.
- Sleeping Dogs – Sleeping Dogs catapults players into the role of undercover cop Wei Shen, tasked with taking down one of the world’s most fearsome criminal organizations from the inside – the Hong Kong Triads. As players explore the bustling and crowded Hong Kong island, through its neon-lit side streets and sprawling street markets, an incredible story unfolds of loyalty and betrayal, where Wei begins to question his own motives as he is sucked in deeper than he could ever imagine.
- Hitman: Absolution – HITMAN: ABSOLUTION follows Agent 47, a cold-blooded assassin, who takes on his most dangerous contract to date. Betrayed by those he once trusted — and now hunted by the police — he suddenly finds himself at the center of a dark conspiracy and must embark on a personal journey through a corrupt and twisted world.
- Tomb Raider – Armed with only the raw instincts and physical ability to push beyond the limits of human endurance, TOMB RAIDER delivers an intense and gritty story into the origins of Lara Croft and her ascent from a frightened young woman to a hardened survivor.
Nintendo of America has announced that the demo for Heroes of Ruin will be available on the Nintendo 3DS eShop today. The retro gamers amongst you will be able to download The Legend of Zelda, originally released on the NES console in 1987, and NES Open Tournament Golf, which was originally released in 1991.
Heroes of Ruin for Nintendo 3DS released today in Europe. The game, developed by n-Space and published by Square Enix, will feature daily challenges that can be downloaded to it via SpotPass. Throughout the game, you can connect with up to four players from around the world and fight alongside each other. Heroes of Ruin will be released in North America on July 17th.