One special edition New Nintendo 3DS XL that got people excited last week was the Fire Emblem: Fates edition New Nintendo 3DS XL. It is destined to come to North America on February 19th and features a pretty sweet monochrome design. Take a look at the image gallery below for a better look at the stylish console.
We’ve now got some lovely new details regarding the sumptuous Yoshi’s Woolly World for Wii U. As well as the new details there’s also a number of screenshots that have been released which perfectly showcase the game’s gorgeous art style.
- Enemies cannot be simply unraveled with Yoshi’s tongue, but instead have to be bested by first being bound in wool and then jumped upon
- Enemies with the likes of Shy Guy, Nipper Plant, Lakitu, and Gusty
- Every enemy has been rendered beautifully to reflect the artistic style whilst retaining the look and feel
- Yoshi has a more traditional health bar and takes damage as you’d expect him to able to recover health by collecting hearts that have a distinct resemblance to the jumping star collectables from previous Yoshi games
- Handles essentially identically to previous games in the series, with Yoshi’s iconic tongue being his primary method of despatching enemies
- Yoshi doesn’t consume enemies and turn them into eggs, rather he unravels them and turns them into balls of wool
- Can be used to bind larger enemies made of materials other than wool, create warp pipes, boxes, platforms, and many other parts of the world to help Yoshi achieve his goal
- Also uncover hidden areas simply by unraveling them via a loose bow, revealing secret passageways or hidden items
- Plently of collectibles throughout the journey
- Flowers allow you to achieve 100% in a stage and access a mini-game to garner more Beads
- Beads are used as a generic currency and can be used to buy special badges that can assist you in a level
- Stamp Patches are used to unlock Stamps to use on Miiverse once a certain amount have been collected
- Collecting all five Wonder Wools in a level unlocks a new Yoshi design to use throughout any and every level should you so desire
- Ranging from Flower Yoshi and Circus Yoshi to one that’s based upon the Shy Guy enemy
- Yoshi can transform into an umbrella, a mole, a giant version of himself, and a motorbike
- These transformations occur a few times per world and task you with reaching a goal within a certain time limit, or face having to restart it all again
- Mellow Mode doesn’t remove all the challenge from the game
- Difference in Mellow Mode is that you control Winged Yoshi whose Flutter Jump is replaced by the ability to float at Yoshi’s current height indefinitely
- Easier to play in this mode, but you’ll still take damage and failing a level is still a very real possibility
- You can have a friend join in the fun as a second Yoshi
- Run around simultaneously in an effort to reach the goal, and should you run out of balls of wool, one Yoshi can be used as a short-range substitute
Thanks, Kyle and Gamerprince1999
Splatoon looks absolutely gorgeous and the latest batch of screenshots reinforce this. Nintendo has released seventy-five new screenshots, which is a lot to post. Thankfully, GameXplain have put all the images available into one neat video. We haven’t got too long to wait till we get our hands on Splatoon as the game launches exclusively on the Wii U in May.
Thanks, My Wind Waker Is Bigger (I.A.B.A.B)
Nintendo of America has uploaded some brand new images of some of the weird and wacky boards that will feature in Mario Party 10 when it’s released this March. The underwater board and also the haunted wood look particularly nice. Be sure to check out all the images in the gallery provided below.
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories developers Climax Studios has been more than a little sneaky today as tech demo images cropped up of an ‘unannounced title’ with a similar art style to the Prince of Persia series. However, the said images of the character action platformer have now been removed from their official website but you can take a peek over at Gamespot, where they managed to nab them in time. Screenshots of another unannounced title have replaced the aforementioned, which is assumed to be a horror title.