Disney and Marvel have released a brand new trailer for Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes which will be coming to the Wii U this fall. The company says soon you’ll be able to play as some of Marvel’s most formidable foes: Loki from The Avengers, Green Goblin from Spider-Man and Ronan from The Guardians of the Galaxy play sets in Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition). Characters are playable in their respective play sets and the Toy Box 2.0.
Disney revealed that it has been busy developing Disney Infinity: Marvel Superheroes. The game is coming this fall to the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and iOS.
- Award-winning comic book writer Brian Michael Bendis working on the game’s story
- 6 characters revealed: Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow
- Over a dozen more to come
- All of the figures and power discs from the first Disney Infinity will be compatible
- All Toy Box content created in the first game will work in the second
- New and existing characters will be able to reach level 20
- Upgrade tree system will give players choice in how they progress
- Starter kit comes with three figures, the Avenger’s playset piece, and a pair of Toy Box game discs
- Toy Box games use game assets to create new experiences
- Genres for Toy Box games include tower defense and dungeon crawlers
- Toy Box mode returns, but has been streamlined for easier use
- Paint brushes have been included
- These will instantly procedurally generate cities and scenery
- AI workers can be released into the play space to build on their own content
- Create building interiors
- Pre-made game templates available, including ready-made 1-4 player games
announced the introduction of Marvel’s beloved superheroes for Disney Infinity 2.0. Rumours had begun circulating the world wide web back in February when the Wall Street Journal reported “new versions” were in development and could feature a Marvel superhero.
Marvel Entertainment and Disney Interactive Studios together
Yesterday, Marvel Entertainment released a trailer – which you can see above – starring the very first Avenger. It’s only a sneak-peek of the events to come, though, but at the very least we can get a glimpse of Captain America’s famed shield. Since the rumours were spot on regarding Marvel’s characters, could we be looking at the inclusion of the rumoured Star Wars characters too?
Aside from character inclusion, the sequel to Disney Infinity is currently referred to as “2.0”. Although this oddly sounds like an updated version rather than a sequel, it could be a recurring trend for the franchise.
Activision and Marvel Entertainment have announced that The Amazing Spider-Man Ultimate Edition for Wii U will arrive on March 5th in North America, and March 8th in Europe. The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game launched late last year. The Wii U version of The Amazing Spider-Man will be available at launch for $40 and includes four on-disc expansions. The average review score for the Xbox 360 version of the game on Metacritic was 69.
Some of Disney’s most iconic characters, including Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy, are absent from the Disney Infinity reveal trailer; however, Mickey and the gang may, one day, be playable in the upcoming sandbox video game. Also, because The Walt Disney Company acquired Marvel Entertainment and Lucasfilm, characters from The Avengers and Star Wars may be featured in Disney Infinity. Disney Infinity will launch in June for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.
The latest edition of Game Informer has revealed that TT Games and Marvel are teaming up together to bring Lego Marvel Super Heroes to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation Vita, and PC. As expected, the game is developed by the immensely talented TT Games and will be available to purchase this Autumn. Here’s a trailer.
Ubisoft has revealed all 20 playable characters in the upcoming fighting game for Wii U and Kinect for the Xbox 360. Marvel Avengers: Battle For Earth features popular Marvel characters, from Black Widow, to Spider Man, to Wolverine, but some fan-favorites, including Deadpool, are not included.
- Black Widow
- Captain America
- Doctor Doom
- Dr. Strange
- Human Torch
- Iron Man
- Queen Veranke
- Scarlet Witch
- Spider Man
- Super Skrull
- The Hulk