Capcom has confirmed that Mega Man Battle Network is set to arrive July 31st on the Wii U Virtual Console service in North America. The release date was announced in the latest Nintendo Minute episode, in which the YouTube series’ hosts chat about what’s going on in the world of Nintendo and Capcom. Mega Man Battle Network will be available later today, July 24, on Wii U in Europe. It will launch alongside ports of Mega Man 5 and Mega Man 6.
Nintendo Europe tweeted this morning that Mega Man 5 & 6 plus Mega Man Battle network will be coming to the European Wii U Virtual Console on the 24th of July. Mega Man 5 & 6 were originally on the Nintendo Entertainment System, while Mega Man Battle Network made its debut on the Gameboy Advance.
Capcom has confirmed that it is working on bringing additional Game Boy Advance titles to the Wii U Virtual Console. The announcement comes after the Australian Classification Board outed Wii U ports of Mega Man Battle Network 3: White Version and Mega Man Battle Network 3: Blue Version. Meanwhille, on the Nintendo 3DS front, the publisher has six Mega Man games lined up for the handheld’s Virtual Console service.
“We are working on bringing this and other GBA titles to the North American Virtual Console,” a Capcom spokesperson said. “We’ll have more information about the lineup in the coming months. For Australia and Europe, we are still in discussions about the release of Virtual Console titles for those markets.”
Mega Man Battle Network 3 White Version and Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue Version have both been listed by the Australian Ratings Board for the Wii U Virtual Console. Just last month the Australian Classification Board leaked Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and F-Zero: GP Legend for the Wii U Virtual Console
Capcom is asking for your help to decide which Mega Man title to release on May 1st. Mega Man II Mega Man III, Mega Man IV, Mega Man V, Mega Man Xtreme or Mega Man Xtreme 2. All six of the acclaimed games will release on the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console. You can vote for which one you want to play first, here.
Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune still wants to keep Mega Man Legends 3 alive despite the project closing down. Inafune says that he put so much work into that game and was devastated it didn’t happen. He said that if you ask him which game he wants to make most, it’s still Mega Man Legends 3.
“If somebody asked, even right now, what’s the game you want to create most? It’s still Legends 3. I put so much effort into that game, so much passion into that game, but it didn’t happen. It’s always a regret in my mind. Even now…”
“We all know that’s not going to happen, though, as long as Capcom holds the IP. But if they asked me to make that game, I could still gather most of the original team, even right now. Some of them have quit Capcom, some of them are still at Capcom, but I believe that team would be passionate enough to come back together and create that game. So…we’ll see what’s going to happen. You never know.”
“Let’s say that, if we have all seven Dragon Balls right here, right now, and Shen Long comes up and says, ‘What’s your wish?’ My wish would be, give me all the right tools, people, and environment to create Legends 3.”
Inti Creates CEO Takuya Aizu has revealed that Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune’s brand new project titled Azure Striker will be coming to North America and Japan this summer on the Nintendo 3DS eShop. Aizu also says that they are considering releasing the intriguing game in Europe. However, he says if it is released in Europe, they would need to localise the game into multiple languages.
Capcom USA community manager Brett Elston has taken note of fans desires to have an updated Mega Man collection. Elston admits that the Anniversary and X Collection discs are rather old and says he would love to get the games out to a new audience.
Nothing to announce or tease at the moment, but I’ve definitely taken note of – and passed along – the desire for a modern collection. Those 2004 / 2006 discs are getting pretty old at this point and I’d love to get those games out to a new audience – plus give people like us an excuse to play them yet again :P
Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune has revealed that he is working on a brand new project titled Azure Striker for the Nintendo 3DS. The intriguing title is a side-scrolling action game which you can see in the video above. Azure Striker Gunvolt is being developed by the team behind Mega Man and Mighty No. 9. Azure Striker Gunvolt will be released in the summer on the Nintendo 3DS eShop in Japan.
Thanks to those who sent this in.
Mighty No.9 director Keiji Inafune has shared some screenshots from the alpha build of the game. For those not in the know the game is thought to be the spiritual successor to the popular Mega Man series. The build of the game is still early, so the visuals in the final product are bound to look slightly different. What do you think to the latest screens?