Square Enix has confirmed in Japanese publication Jump that Agnes Oblige will be making a triumphant return in Bravely Second. At the moment all we have is the scan, but we should hear some official information from Square Enix themselves sometime next week.
This week’s Japanese charts are now in courtesy of Media Create. Yokai Watch 2 for the Nintendo 3DS remains the best-selling video game by a long shot. Nintendo 3DS sales dropped after last week but remains decent at 37.377. Wii U sales remain steady at 8.209. You can see the Japanese software and hardware charts, below.
- [3DS] Yokai Watch 2: Ganso / Honke (Level-5, 07/10/14) – 331,946 (1,648,653)
- [PSV] Oreshika: Tainted Bloodblines (SCEJ, 07/17/14) – 93,775 (New)
- [PS3] Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea (Gust, 07/17/14) – 43,744 (New)
- [3DS] Gundam Try Age SP (Bandai Namco, 07/17/14) – 21,524 (New)
- [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo, 05/29/14) – 14,992 (542,358)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch (Level-5, 07/11/13) – 12,790 (1,208,077)
- [PSV] Freedom Wars (SCEJ, 06/26/14) – 9,761 (262,427)
- [3DS] Taiko Drum Master: Don and Katsu’s Space-Time Great Adventure (Bandai Namco, 06/26/14) – 9,258 (101,478)
- [3DS] Pokemon Art Academy (Nintendo, 06/19/14) – 5,714 (69,636)
- [PS3] Watch Dogs (Ubisoft, 06/26/14) – 5,628 (59,585)
- [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V Low Price Version (06/26/14) – 5,090 (23,659)
- [3DS] Pokemon X / Y (Pokemon, 10/12/13) – 4,925 (4,106,912)
- [PS4] Murdered: Soul Suspect (Square Enix, 07/17/14) – 4,467 (New)
- [PS4] FIFA 14 (EA, 02/22/14) – 4,094 (67,541)
- [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 (Capcom, 09/14/13) – 3,905 (3,311,605)
- [PS4] Watch Dogs (Ubisoft, 06/26/14) – 3,455 (85,832)
- [3DS] Happe-chan Minna de Odekake! Wakuwaku Hoppe Land!! (Nihon Colombia, 07/17/14) – 3,433 (New)
- [3DS] Pro Evolution Soccer 2014: Aoki Samurai no Chousen (Konami, 05/22/14) – 2,996 (70,108)
- [PSV] Persona 4 Golden (Atlus, 06/14/12) – 2,929 (304,785)
- [Wii U] Wii Sports Club (Nintendo, 07/17/14) – 2,898 (New)
Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)
- 3DS LL – 31,192 (55,531)
- PlayStation Vita – 27,352 (38,907)
- Wii U – 8,209 (8,658)
- PlayStation 3 – 7,389 (7,763)
- PlayStation 4 – 6,456 (7,150)
- 3DS – 6,185 (6,425)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 2,249 (1,803)
- PSP – 556 (779)
- Xbox 360 – 129 (140)
Peripheral manufacturer Hori has revealed a new slide pad for the Nintendo 3DS to coincide with the release of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. The new accessory changes the button placement on the Nintendo 3DS. There’s now a slide pad where the left shoulder button is and ZL underneath the grip on the left hand side. You can also see that by having the new slide pad on the left shoulder it allows you to adjust the camera and move only using your left hand.
Thanks, Barry D
Today, Ubisoft announced that the evolution of the world’s most loved puzzle game will be available for Nintendo 3DS this fall. In addition to delivering six exciting modes, Tetris Ultimate for Nintendo 3DS also includes an exclusive single-player Challenge mode that will put any player’s determination to the test.
With fun features and unique visuals, Tetris Ultimate for Nintendo 3DS allows 1–4 players to face off in seven different game modes:
• Marathon – Complete level 15 and rack up as many points as you can.
• Endless – Keep clearing lines until your stamina runs out.
• Ultra – Race to score as many points possible before time runs out in this three-minute challenge.
• Sprint – Clear 40 lines as quickly as you can.
• Battle – Go head-to-head to knock out 1-4 challengers.
• Battle Ultimate – Be the last person playing after using crazy power-ups. Go on the offensive with Carousel and make your opponent’s Well shift to the left after each move, or trigger Let it Rain and dump garbage down on top of them. Buzz Saw helps you out by clearing away a number of your lines, especially useful when you’re in a spot of trouble.
• Challenge – From disappearing Tetriminos (Tetris playing pieces) to orientation-locked Tetriminos, be prepared for a variety of challenges that will test a player’s fortitude.
Real-time worldwide leaderboards add to the fervor and competition among friends to see who the best-of-the-best Tetris Ultimate players really are.
Tetris Ultimate will also be available for digital download this summer for the first time on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, and this fall on PlayStation Vita handheld entertainment system and Windows PC.
Thanks, Simply G
We reported last week that Best Buy were holding an incredible promotion for Nintendo 3DS owners and it seems as though the deal is now live. It’s buy one get one free on select Nintendo 3DS first party titles including Tomodachi Life, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Kirby Triple Deluxe, and much more. You can check out the deal, right here.
Thanks to those who sent this in.
Story of Seasons will now feature a beginner mode for all fledging farmers who want to grasp the concept of the game. The newly added mode allows newcomers to lower the amount of energy your protagonist uses and the items featured in the game will be cheaper. The version 2.0 update will be available on July 24th in Japan. Story of Seasons will be coming to the west sometime later this year.
The kind folk over at NeoGAF have estimated that the Wii U sold 140K units on the back of Mario Kart 8 in June in the United States. The Nintendo 3DS managed to sell 150K in June in the US. We’ve already reported that Mario Kart 8 was the second best-selling video game software in June and Tomodachi Life was the ninth. You can read what Nintendo had to say about the results, here.
- PS4: Number 1 best selling = 269K
- Xbox One: Doubled sales from the previous month = 197K
- 3DS: 150K (up 55% over May, was 225K last June)
- Wii U: ~140K (up 233% over last June)
Best Buy will be running an extremely good promotion starting from next Sunday. You’ll be able to participate in a buy one get one free deal on first party Nintendo 3DS software. The games include The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Yoshi’s New Island. You can also get the brilliant Wii U Pro Controller for $29.99.
Square Enix announced during today’s Japanese third-party Nintendo 3DS Direct that Final Fantasy Explorers will be arriving this winter in Japan. There’s no word as of yet whether the game will be localised, but we could be in for a long wait. Anyway, enjoy the first gameplay footage of the latest Final Fantasy title for Nintendo 3DS.
Sega has revealed that it’s adding another title to its acclaimed Sega 3D Classics range in Japan. The latest game added to the list is Fantasy Zone II. The game is described as a side scrolling shooter which sees the player controls a sentient spaceship named Opa-opa who fights surreal invader enemies. The Master System and NES title will come to the Nintendo 3DS in Japan on July 16th.