are releasing the re-imagined classic to celebrate their 30th Anniversary.
The remake of the 1992 platformer title Putty Squad is stretching over to both the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Putty Squad saw success on the Amiga and the SNES, and now game developers System 3
With the promise of free downloadable content, enhanced visuals and a familiar but improved gameplay, Putty Squad will get you in full retro mode to stretch, morph and absorb the remake at its best. System 3′s CEO Mark Cale said the following in support of the upcoming release:
“Working on such a prestigious title again and to bring it up-to-date, brings back many great memories. Fans of the original are excited to get their hands on the return of the morphing blue blob hero. Putty Squad will be available on multiple platforms, where gamers can reconnect with their classic hero, discovering Putty unlike before.”
Putty Squad is set for a summer release on both the Wii U and 3DS in the Nintendo eShop. Will you be adding it to your collection?
LEGO is about to get a spritz of feminine couture in TT Games’ new title announced for the Nintendo 3DS and DS. LEGO Friends is based on the building set collection of toys, which was launched in 2012, and has proved very popular for the younger generation of girls.
LEGO Friends, based in the tranquil area of Heartlake City, will allow players to explore their unique sense of style, dance until their feet drop off and take pictures with the 3DS camera at the studio, as well as focus on building relationships with their group of friends. And even if you’re a bit of a tomboy, LEGO Friends has got you covered, as you can have a kick-around at football practice.
TT Games Managing Director Tom Stone said in support of the title:
“We are very proud to welcome even more girls into the world of LEGO videogames with a title based on the best-selling LEGO Friends line. LEGO Friends allows players to build personal fun adventure while expressing their individual style and personality along the way.”
The game is set for release this Autumn. Is it good news that the LEGO franchise is expanding to another audience? Let us know your thoughts below.
Above you can watch the trailer of 3D Sonic the Hedgehog, which is an updated version of the original Sonic the Hedgehog for Sega Genesis. Available now on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS in Japan, the remake features stereoscopic 3D visuals, a save option and customizable button functions. Currently, there’s no word on whether 3D Sonic the Hedgehog will be released outside Japan, but we’ll keep you posted.
Nintendo has revealed a brand-new color for the original Nintendo 3DS model. Pictured above, the Metallic Red Nintendo 3DS will go on sale in Japan on June 13th, comes packaged with a 4GB SD Card, and it’ll cost 15,000 yen. Despite the Nintendo 3DS XL being the newer model of the handheld console, it seems like Nintendo will continue pushing sales of the original Nintendo 3DS. A couple months ago, Light Blue and Gloss Pink Nintendo 3DS systems were released in Japan.
An anonymous, supposedly ‘genuine’ source claims that the rumored “Fairy-type” is a new type of Pokémon that will be introduced in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. According to the source, the newly discovered Eevee evolution, Sylveon, is “Fairy-type,” and is weak against Poison and Steel-type Pokémon, immune to Dragon-types, super-effective against Dragon, Dark and Fire-types. Below you can read more rumors on “Fairy-type” Pokémon, along with some unconfirmed details on Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.
- Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
- Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
- Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
- The professor’s English name is Patrice.
- The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.
- The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
- A few attacks will be dual-typed.
- There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
- You will be able to see a Pokemon’s EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.
A Japanese Twitter user MarvicaFii has snapped the first shot of the rumoured Eevee themed Nintendo 3DS XL console. The limited edition console will be available to win in a special lottery tomorrow which is being conducted by the Pokemon Centre. The winners in the lottery will then be able to purchase the system for 18,880 yen.
Thanks, Jamie M
Making its first foray into the video game world, Regular Show: Mordecai and Rigby In 8-Bit Land brings the characters and humour from the Emmy Award-winning animated comedy to Nintendo 3DS this fall. Regular Show is the Cartoon Network series starring best friends Mordecai and Rigby and their adventures as groundskeepers of the local park. When Mordecai and Rigby get transported into some of their favorite video games they’ll have to use their best skills and unique abilities to traverse the various challenges to escape and get back home in this ‘eggscellent’ journey. Developed by WayForward, in close collaboration with show creator JG Quintel, Mordecai and Rigby prove that a day in the life of Regular Show is anything but.
Following the mathematical success of the IGN Editors’ Choice Award-winning Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?!!, show creator Pendleton Ward again teams up with developer WayForward to create Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW!. The all-new action game will be available for the first time ever on the Wii U, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, as well as a return to the Nintendo 3DS hand-held system this fall.
In a completely new storyline and adventure and featuring the voices of the show’s most popular characters, fans will have to save the Candy Kingdom by exploring the mysteries surrounding a massive Secret Royal Dungeon deep below the Land of Ooo. Select from an assortment of fan-favorite characters from the show, including Finn, Jake, Marceline, Cinnamon Bun, and more, and team up with your friends in four-player co-operative multiplayer as the Adventure Time world comes to life. Adventure Time is the pop culture sensation, Emmy Award-nominated, top-rated animated comedy, and its popularity continues to soar across the globe among fans of all ages.
Nintendo of America has shared more details on Pokemon X & Y for the Nintendo 3DS. The game takes place in a new region called Kalos, where players will encounter beautiful forests, thriving cities, and many never-before-seen Pokemon.
The central city in Kalos is Lumiose City, which is described by Nintendo as a metropolis featuring a tower that is set to become an iconic structure in Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. The game also adds to the more than 640 Pokemon that have been encountered in previous games. We posted the latest trailer for the game which can be viewed, here. Anyway, here’s some more information on the Pokemon which you will encounter in Pokemon X & Y.
- The cowardly Pokémon Helioptile, a Normal- and Electric-type Pokémon, can generate enough electricity through sunbathing to power machinery. But wise Trainers won’t be deterred by Helioptile’s lack of bravery. It knows Parabolic Charge, a brand-new move where Helioptile attacks everything around it. Helioptile’s HP is restored by half the damage taken by those hit.
- Fletchling, a Normal- and Flying-type Pokémon, sings with a beautiful chirp that is sure to delight any Trainer. Although it is known to be very friendly, Fletchling will suddenly unleash relentless attacks once it’s in battle. For example, when it uses its Fire-type move Flame Charge in battle, in addition to doing damage, Fletchling’s Speed increases every time.
- With a leaf always in its mouth and an intimidating glare that is rarely effective, Fighting-type Pokémon Pancham shows its playful side when it lets out a little smile when its head is pat. Pancham can learn a brand-new move, Parting Shot, which not only lowers an opponent’s Attack and Special Attack, but also allows Pancham to switch out for another Pokémon in a Trainer’s party during battle.
- A new method of transportation—riding the brand-new Pokémon, Gogoat. This large Grass-type Pokémon is a reliable way to travel certain parts of Lumiose City. In battle, it can use Horn Leech to recover HP equal to half the damage dealt by this move.
The latest edition of the Japanese publication CoroCoro has revealed that Pokémon X and Y will be separated into three different areas. The latest instalment is set to take place in Karos – a region which is reportedly based on France – which will feature a central, coastal and mountainous Pokédex, so players may want to complete each area before moving onto the next. More Pokémon news is said to be coming in the next edition of CoroCoro, which will be released in June.