Nintendo has today released a brand new firmware update for the Nintendo 3DS. Before you get too excited it is only a stability update so it wouldn’t appear as though any new features or functionality has been added. This firmware update brings the system to version 10.3.0-28. You can go download it now!
Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
Source / Via
Nintendo never stops surprising me with what they put out on YouTube — their latest upload is seemingly an advertisement for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, a game release on Nintendo 3DS in February of this year. The twist? The video focuses on live-action role-playing children as they take down a huge monster. I doubt that this video will ever make it to TV screens, but then again this is Nintendo — who knows.
Looking forward to the release of Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon? Well, you can now pre-load the game on the Nintendo 3DS eShop in the United States. The latest in the line of Mystery Dungeon titles will take up 1848MB of free space. If you decide to pre-purchase you are eligible to receive a Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon Bonus Theme if you download the game by December 6th.
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam is out soon in Europe and Japan for the Nintendo 3DS. Those who haven’t experienced a Mario & Luigi title will be pleased to learn that there’s some new modes to help newcomers to the series. Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam is due to be released in Europe on December 4th.
- Easy Mode, as the name suggests, will help make things a little bit less daunting – by increasing character strength to raise odds in battle.
- The Assist Mode, however, simply shows which enemies are on the firing line in battle.
Along with confirming the details about Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 found in a recent Famitsu article, Square Enix has also released new screenshots of the title’s gameplay. The game will eventually be released to the Nintendo 3DS, however it’s currently still in development. You can check out the screenshots below:
While Nintendo is receiving a barrage of positive financial news, they have managed to take Japanese markets by storm. This week, 8 of the 10 top selling games are found on Nintendo platforms — mostly the Nintendo 3DS. While The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes is the best-selling game of the week, it still is under-performing in the context of other Zelda games. Talking hardware, nearly every Nintendo system fell in regards to sales by a small margin.
New Nintendo additions to the list include The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force geroes (at number 1) and PriPara Mezase! Idol Grand Prix No. 1! (at number 2). In the top 20 games, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U hold a commanding 12 titles (10 and 2, respectively). For more information, check out the full chart below:
Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)
- [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (Nintendo, 10/22/15) – 54,394 (New)
- [3DS] PriPara Mezase! Idol Grand Prix No. 1! (Bandai Namco, 10/22/15) – 34,035 (New)
- [3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team / White Dog Squad (Nintendo, 07/11/15) – 20,824 (1,674,995)
- [Wii U] Super Mario Maker (Nintendo, 09/10/15) – 15,817 (337,039)
- [3DS] 7th Dragon III Code: VFD (Sega, 10/15/15) – 13,299 (85,776)
- [Wii U] Splatoon (Nintendo, 05/28/15) – 13,159 (737,478)
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (Nintendo, 07/30/15) – 8,625 (1,098,904)
- [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (SCE, 03/19/15) – 7,547 (375,264)
- [PS3] Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 (Konami, 10/01/15) – 6,442 (82,413)
- [3DS] Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon (Nintendo, 09/17/15) – 6,402 (243,494)
Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)
- PlayStation 4 – 22,801 (25,699)
- New 3DS LL – 16,144 (17,881)
- PlayStation Vita – 12,981 (14,546)
- Wii U – 9,961 (11,658)
- New 3DS – 3,530 (4,514)
- PlayStation 3 – 1,909 (2,105)
- 3DS – 1,277 (1,232)
- Xbox One – 1,009 (438)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 782 (696)
- 3DS LL – 478 (625)
Source / Via
One of the latest video games to use the gorgeous UbiArt Framework is Gravity Falls: Legend of the Gnome Gemulets for the Nintendo 3DS. NintenDaan has acquired a copy of the recently released game and has shown off the promising first 37 minutes. Expect some witty storytelling and some sumptuous visuals which showcase just how impressive the UbiArt Framework engine actually is.