Nintendo of America announces the hiring of a new vice president of Human Resources. Robyn Corr began work at Nintendo of America’s headquarters in Redmond, Wash., on April 29, and is in charge of employee welfare, compensation, benefits, recruiting, learning and development, organizational development, payroll and HR systems. She reports to Flip Morse, Nintendo of America’s senior vice president of Corporate Resources.
Corr comes to Nintendo from Starbucks Coffee Company, where she has worked since 1998, most recently as vice president of Partner Resources. In that role, she developed strategies that allowed the company to build on leadership capabilities, develop talent and assess and identify future leaders to ensure organizational effectiveness. Prior to Starbucks, Corr held HR positions at Texaco Refining & Marketing Inc.
“Robyn Corr brings a wealth of experience to Nintendo. Effective human relations is vital to growing and maintaining any organization, and we’re lucky to be able to access her years of excellence in this field.”
Nintendo of America have confirmed via its official Facebook page exactly which titles gamers will be able to download when the Wii U Virtual Console launches later this week. The lineup includes classics such as Super Mario World, F-Zero and Kirby’s Adventure. You can see the full list of Nintendo Entertainment System and Super Nintendo games, below.
Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
* Balloon Fight
* Donkey Kong Jr.
* Ice Climber
* Kirby’s Adventure
Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)
* Super Mario World
By popular demand, “The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses” concert series is returning with “Season 2″ to eight cities from last year’s tour and is coming soon to even more locations in North America. Based on one of the most popular and beloved video game series of all time, the tour features live orchestral performances of theme music from Nintendo’s The Legend of Zelda franchise. The newly announced dates include:
- Returning due to popular demand:
- Atlanta; Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre; June 6
- San Francisco; Louise M. Davies Symphony Hall; June 10
- Montreal; Place des Arts; June 14
- Los Angeles; Greek Theatre; June 12
- Austin, Texas; Long Center; June 29
- Philadelphia; The Mann Center for the Performing Arts; July 25
- Toronto; Sony Centre for the Performing Arts; Sept. 7
- Seattle; Benaroya Hall; Sept. 12
- Newly coming to:
- Baltimore; Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall; July 27
- Grand Rapids, Mich.; DeVos Performance Hall; Oct. 19
Nintendo of America has just announced via a press release that Donkey Kong Country Return 3D is also coming to North America on May 24th. Nintendo Europe announced earlier today that the Wii port is coming to Europe on May 24th as well. The game is under development by Monster Games who are the developers of Nintendo 3DS launch title Pilotwings Resort.
Nintendo of America is offering a special bonus for people who buy both a Nintendo 3DS XL system and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. Anyone who registers a Nintendo 3DS XL system and either Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity or Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon with Club Nintendo between March 21 and April 30 will receive a code to download one of five Nintendo 3DS games for free: Super Mario 3D Land, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone!, Star Fox 64 3D or Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive!
There has been quite a bit of confusion regarding Nintendo Network ID’s being tied to one specific console. The only way to move your Nintendo Network ID to another console is to contact Nintendo of America who have a transfer tool which allows your account to be moved if your original system is broken. One Wii U owner sent his faulty Wii U console back to Amazon for a replacement and soon realised that he couldn’t get his Nintendo Network ID back. Here’s what Nintendo of America told online gaming publication Kotaku.
“Nintendo of America’s repair process includes the transferring of the Nintendo Network ID to a new Wii U console if a replacement system is needed,”
Nintendo of America has confirmed via Twitter that it’s holding its own Nintendo Direct presentation tomorrow. The company promises new details on upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games. The presentation will begin at 9am PT. Nintendo UK confirmed earlier today that it’s also holding its own Nintendo Direct which will start at 5pm GMT. What are you expecting to see?
Thanks to everyone that sent this in.
Holiday shoppers from coast to coast will soon get a firsthand look and hands-on time with Nintendo’s groundbreaking new Wii U console. Starting now, more than 5,000 interactive Wii U kiosks will roll out at select retail stores across the United States, inviting families and consumers to discover the unique gaming and entertainment experiences made possible by Wii U and its touch-screen Wii U GamePad controller.
Participating retailers include Target, Best Buy, GameStop, Walmart and Toys ‘R’ Us. Depending on which type of Wii U sampling station is available at a given store location, visitors may be able to experience hands-on game play or enjoy specially created video content that highlights the console’s wide variety of available games and features. Consumers will be able to get more information about launch games like Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros. U and SiNG PARTY, along with ZombiU and Rayman Legends from Ubisoft, among others. To find the nearest Wii U sampling station, visit
Nintendo of America has announced via social media that the television advertising campaign for Wii U will begin tomorrow. To prepare us they’ve provided the above image as a teaser of what to expect. Wii U adverts have already begun appearing in the UK in the run up to the console’s launch on November 30th.
Nintendo 3DS owners are getting an amazing lineup of downloadable games for the holidays and beyond. Original games, classic games and demos will all be making an appearance in the Nintendo eShop. Fans also will soon find downloadable versions of select Nintendo 3DS hits that have already launched as packaged goods.
Nintendo 3DS owners will see a sequel to fan-favorite Pushmo, classics like Ninja Gaiden and Castlevania: The Adventure, plus a series of three original games developed by LEVEL-5 and several well-known Japanese collaborators.
“The Nintendo eShop demonstrates Nintendo’s commitment to providing consumers with unique digital content through a combination of creativity and convenience. The variety and quality of games coming this year is unmatched, from new entries in established franchises to original properties.”
- Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing.
The following content is scheduled to launch in the Nintendo eShop in 2012:
- NightSky launches Oct. 25. NightSky is an action-puzzle game that offers an ambient game-play experience with cerebral challenges that fill uniquely designed, picturesque worlds. Each of these worlds is broken into different areas in which the player must maneuver a sphere by using realistic physics to advance.
- Crashmo launches Nov. 22. Players can embrace the laws of gravity and challenge themselves with a whole new kind of action-puzzle play in this exciting sequel to the critically acclaimed Pushmo. New gravity mechanics and gadgets like floating blocks, doors and move switches await, testing players’ skills as they push, pull and slide each puzzle’s colorful blocks in order to climb to the top. Just be careful where those blocks are moved—unsupported blocks will come crashing down. Crashmocontains lots of puzzles to test your brains, and enhanced puzzle-creation and -sharing features mean that even when all the puzzles are cleared, the fun never has to stop.
- Fluidity: Spin Cycle arrives on Dec. 27, letting players tilt, turn and even rotate their Nintendo 3DS system 360 degrees to maneuver a puddle of water named Eddy through a maze-like, magical world. Change from liquid to a block of ice or a steam cloud to solve fun, gravity-defying puzzles and defeat Goop monsters. Fluidity: Spin Cycle features a new storybook setting to explore that spans the ages, from a lost world full of dinosaurs to the modern world and beyond.
- Three original games from LEVEL-5 and several well-known Japanese collaborators will launch in the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS before this holiday season. The first of these games, SUDA 51’s LIBERATION MAIDEN, is set 100 years in the future, when the president of Japan boards her Liberator, Kamui, and fights to free her country one region at a time. AERO PORTER by Yoot Saito and Yasumi Matsuno’s CRIMSON SHROUD are also slated for release by the end of the year.
- Get ready to unleash pedestrian-tossing pandemonium with Grace and Savannah in Tokyo Crash Mobs, a fast-paced action-puzzle game coming to the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS in early 2013. Players will need lightning-fast reflexes and an eye for strategy to survive the three chaotic weeks that lie ahead for our heroines, as they take on anyone and anything that gets in their way.
RECENT NINTENDO 3DS HITS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD
- Super Mario 3D Land, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Star Fox 64 3D and Mario Kart 7 will become available for purchase from the Nintendo eShop on Oct. 18 at a price of $39.99 each. Additional Nintendo 3DS software currently only available at retail stores will become available in the Nintendo eShop in the future.
- Mario Golf (launches Oct. 11)
- Castlevania: The Adventure (launches Oct. 25)
- Ninja Gaiden (launches Nov. 8)
- Zelda II – The Adventure of Link (launches Nov. 22)
- Wario Land II (launches Dec. 20)
- Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (launches Dec. 27)
- Two demo versions of Style Savvy: Trendsetters will be available for download from the Nintendo eShop. The first demo is available today and lets players participate in a fashion contest, create an outfit based on the contest theme, style their model’s hair and makeup and send her down the runway. The second demo will be available on Nov. 1, and lets players style their clothes and makeup, and then connect to the Internet via Nintendo Network to visit the online Fashion Plaza where they can check out ensembles that actual Style Savvy: Trendsetters players have created. Any items purchased using in-game currency in this demo version can be transferred to the full game. Style Savvy: Trendsetters will launch in stores and in the Nintendo eShop on Oct. 22.
- Additional game demos coming soon include:
- Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d you steal our garbage?!! from D3Publisher
- Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion from Disney Interactive
- LEGO The Lord of the Rings from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- Moshi Monsters: Moshlings Theme Park from Activision
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed from SEGA