BBYJuby, who is the Community Coordinator at Best Buy, has teased Nintendo fans by hinting that more retailer exclusives are on their way. Best Buy has already had the Meta Knight Amiibo as an exclusive and those were soon gobbled up by Nintendo fans and collectors. BBYJudy says that there’s a possibility that they will receive more Meta Knight’s, so I will keep an ear out.
All stock available for preorders has been grabbed up. There is the possibility that we secure more so keep checking back on the site and I will post here if I have news!
The new wave will be up very soon and there will be more exclusives
We already know that the Wii U is currently the second best-selling console in France, but how about software sales for Nintendo platforms in the country? Well, thankfully Nintendo deputy general manager Philippe Lavoue is at hand to dish out some healthy figures. Here’s the information he shared with Le Figaro.
- He talks about amiibo, which are quite successful (though he doesn’t give any number other than the 200k target for this year). All figures are quite popular, though some are harder to find (Kirby and Wii Fit Trainer)
- Smash Bros. for 3DS sold 220k since launch. Special bundle with 3DS XL + game back in stores this week.
- Smash Bros. Wii U : still 200k target, though could get higher with christmas. They also confirm the Smash Bros + Basic Wii U bundle.
- Wii U sold 490k (vs 340k in May). Still expecting 550k by the end of the year, and the Smash Bros. bundle should help.
- Tomodachi Life sold over 400k units in France, and over 1m in Europe (200k in Germany). Only 10k of the 2DS + TL bundle left in France.
- Pokémon OR/AS : over 400k units sold in 3 weeks. Expecting 500/540k by the end of the year.
- Disney Magical World : all units for launch have been sold (50k), and there’s already been new stocks sent to retailers. Surprised by this.
- NSMB2 becoming hard to find, as it’s been selling roughly 14K/week in the past few weeks.
- Animal Crossing : New Leaf selling ~15k/week at the moment.
France seems to love Nintendo, and that’s great. So far the Wii U is the second best-selling video game console in the country. The PlayStation 4 has taken the lead with one million consoles sold and the Wii U is next with 490K. The Xbox One is currently last, selling 330K. However, things are different in the United Kingdom, which is the biggest video game market in Europe. Here’s the figures for France.
France Current-Gen Hardware Sales
- PS4: 1.000.000
- Wii U: 490.000
- XBO: 300.000 – 330.000
European PlayStation 4 Rankings:
- UK – 1.5 Million
- Germany – 1.2 Million
- France – 1 Million
Wondering which games you can get your hands on this week from the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U eShop? Well wonder no more as here’s the goodies that are available. Leading the pack is Mega Man Zero for the Game Boy Colour on the Wii U Virtual Console. Those looking ahead will be pleased to know that Duck Hunt for the NES will be available to download on Christmas Day. As if you won’t have enough to play. Anyway, here’s the games for this week in the US.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Natsume Championship Wrestling – Choose between 12 wrestlers, each equipped with dynamic moves, and jump into the ring for some fierce competition. Play solo, or compete with up to four players in exhibition, tag-team or round-robin matches.
- Mega Man Zero – In this Game Boy Advance classic, after waking from a deep slumber, play as Zero in a fight for survival. Jump, climb and dash through an unstable world that struggles to keep peace between humans and Reploids. Upgrade weapons and collect helpful Cyber-Elves to conquer the destructive forces headed your way.
Nintendo eShop Sales:
- NintendoeShop on Wii U and Nintendo3DS
- Celebrate a Mega Anniversary with a Big Sale!– The Nintendo eShop is celebrating Mega Man’s anniversary by offering up to 50 percent off select Mega Man games until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 22. Let the Mega Man anniversary Sale begin!
- Art of Balance, Nano Assault Neo and many more games from Shin’en on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 14.
- SteamWorld Dig is 50 percent off on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 1.
- NintendoeShop on Wii U
- Little Inferno is more than 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 1 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
- NintendoeShop on Nintendo3DS
- 1001 Spikes, VVVVVV and other fun games from Nicalis are on sale starting at 9 a.m. PT on Dec. 19 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 5 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- More NintendoeShop Discounts
- Check Out Deals on Other Great Games! – Head to the Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS and look under “Price Drops” to find out more about these great deals. Visit www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers for more information.
- Duck Hunt (Virtual Console on Wii U) – Grab your Wii Remote controller! It’s duck season and your trusty hunting dog is ready to scour the open fields. Test your sharp-shooting skills as your targets take flight in this legendary NES classic. Be quick to knock them out of the skies, or your canine companion won’t hesitate to make you the laughing stock of hunters. Need a change in scenery? Best your score against clay pigeon targets instead. Duck Hunt will be available on Dec. 25.
Also new this week:
Reports are coming in Via Twitter that UK retailer GAME is selling Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker early. Consumers that purchased the game online have been told it has been shipped and apparently the game will be available to purchase in stores throughout the United Kingdom on Monday. Great news for those of you who are in the UK.
More Star Fox Wii U details were divulged during the recent interview iJustine did with the legendary Shigeru Miyamoto. It’s been confirmed that the Wii U GamePad will feature a cockpit view while the television screen will display the traditional third person view. Mr Miyamoto also revealed that his favourite character in Star Fox is the one and only, Fox McCloud.
- Reconfirms that it will be out before Zelda.
- Miyamoto says that he is working on and playing the new Star Fox every day and jokes that his hands hurt as a result.
IMO this is this is pretty big news since this confirms that he (and Nintendo for that matter as opposed to an outside company) are working on it directly.
- Describes the basic gameplay: Cinematic (3rd person) view on the big screen, cockpit view on the gamepad. You are meant to split between the two while you are playing.
This sounds like the behind closed doors E3 2014 demo.
- In response to a His favorite Star Fox character is fox (he jokes that his eyebrows make him look like a Fox).
- Re-tells the anecdote about the shrine near him (with Torii gates that inspired the gameplay on the first Star Fox) that has a fox as the patron spirit.
- He confirms that it will have Amiibo support.
It is implied that it will be something on the level of the minor support in Mario Kart (this is partly my speculation).
Recently Nintendo execs have been teaming up with YouTubers to talk about their upcoming games to get some more publicity. Popular broadcaster iJustine recently got to speak to Mr Miyamoto in an exclusive interview in which he reconfirmed that you’ll be able to play other people’s course online in Mario Maker and rate them. There will be popularity rankings to determine the best creations, so you’ll know what’s hot and what’s not.
You’ll be able to see what happens when other people play your course, or when you play other peoples courses… there’ll be popularity rankings for the most popular courses and things like that… so there’s a lot on the community side [that you can use].