Thorium Wars: Attack of the Skyfighter, on the 3DS eShop next week. Arriving only in North America for the moment, while details of the European release are marked out, the sequel to the 2009 DSiWare title will bring players back into the Thorion war and feature a choice of three Skyfighter air crafts to pilot in a heated battle to save humanity.
Big John Games is gearing up to release its air fighter title,
Thorium Wars: Attack of the Skyfighter will also introduce players to three difficulty settings before taking on a mission, as well as numerous opportunities to earn combat medals in levels. There’s also a special boost manoeuvre enabling accurate dodging and an all-new charged shot mode for when players find themselves in a sticky situation.
Developed by 3PM Games, the sequel will arrive on the 3DS eShop on August 28 for North America, priced at $7.99. Check out the trailer above to see some of the air combat in action.
The team behind Gunvolt has announced via Twitter that the game will be coming to the Nintendo 3DS eShop on Friday, August 29th. The 2D action packed action title will be priced up at $14.99.
Nintendo of America has given eager Zelda fans the details on how you can obtain the fantastic Ganondorf costume DLC for Hyrule Warriors, previously mentioned in the Nintendo Direct. Available to all participating Club Nintendo members in US and Canada, fans can grab a free download code for the Demon King costume set DLC, which includes Ganondorf’s eerie, metallic costume from Twilight Princess and the vibrant but evil colours from his Ocarina of Time costume.
In order to obtain your free code, fans must purchase Hyrule Warriors for Wii U and register the title with Club Nintendo between September 26, 2014, and October 10, 2014. More details on other costume DLC sets for the Zelda spin-off game will be available in the near future.
Nintendo of America has revealed exactly which rewards Club Nintendo members holding the Platinum or Gold member status can receive. Unlike previous years where Nintendo has offered special physical items to those with 300 or more coins, this year the company has solely opted to reward members with a selection of digital games.
While platinum members will be able to choose from the full selection, where you must have over 600 coins to qualify, gold members will choose from half of the digital games on offer. Elite status members can only choose one free digital game, so make sure you log into your Club Nintendo account to see whether you’ve qualified with gold or platinum. The full selection of games are listed below, or you can check them out here.
- Game and Wario – Wii U
- NES Remix – Wii U
- Earthbound – Wii U
- Dr. Luigi – Wii U
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D – 3DS
- Fluidity: Spin Cycle – 3DS
- Dillon’s Rolling Western – 3DS
- Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move – 3DS
Platinum and Gold:
- Ice Climber – Wii U
- Kid Icarus – Wii U
- Super Mario Bros. – Wii U
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link – Wii U
- Donkey Kong 3 – 3DS
- Wario Land 2 – 3DS
- Metroid – 3DS
- Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins – 3DS
Fore! Love! Strike! Home run! TKO! All five of these phrases are going to echo through the homes of Wii U owners everywhere when the five-sports-in-one packaged version of Wii Sports Club hits stores on July 25 at a suggested retail price of $39.99. With Wii Sports Club, the millions of people who fell in love with Wii Sports can now hop off their couches and get active with new versions of the five original classic sports – Tennis, Bowling, Golf, Baseball and Boxing – enhanced with online multiplayer and optimized for play with the Wii U GamePad controller.
Wii Sports Club feels like a new experience, with the addition of crisp high-definition graphics and Wii MotionPlus technology, as well as creative uses of the Wii U GamePad. For example, in Wii Sports Club – Baseball, the pitcher aims a fastball, change-up or curveball by moving the GamePad around in real space and pressing a button to throw. If the ball gets hit in the air, the player holds the GamePad to track and catch the fly ball – just like they would with a baseball glove! In Wii Sports Club – Golf, players place the GamePad on the floor. The ball will appear on the GamePad controller’s screen and then “fly” to the TV screen when players take their golf swing using the Wii Remote Plus controller.
Using the game’s new online multiplayer mode, players no longer have to wait for a reunion or holiday gathering to play with friends and family members who live far away. Gamers from all over the country who own the game and have a broadband Internet connection can play Wii Sports Club together. Players also can join a club to represent their regions and build online communities with fellow club members by sending tips, pep talks and other messages via Miiverse.
There are so many new features in Wii Sports Club that players will feel like they are playing the game for the first time. The added GamePad features elicit the same “You have to try this!” reactions generated after playing the original Wii Sports.
Digital versions of all five Wii Sports Club games will also be available in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U starting at 6 p.m. PT on June 26.
Square Enix has announced a firm launch date for its upcoming rhythmic adventure, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call. Due for release on September 16 in North America, the Final Fantasy-themed title will launch with two special versions of the 3DS game.
As the first of the two special versions, the Collector’s Edition features the grandest selection of extra goodies and includes a special 3DS collector’s pouch, 5-track Theatrhythm Remix CD, a 20-track “Best of Theatrhythm” CD and an exclusive set of five premium collectacards. The Limited Edition version is also up for grabs and features the 5-track Remix CD previously mentioned. The publisher has also stated that every player who pre-orders the game will automatically receive the limited edition.
If you’re looking to pre-order the special Collector’s Edition, you can do so through Square Enix’s online store, here. Only 5,000 copies of the Collector’s Edition are available to purchase and will retail for the recommended price of $69.99.
Nintendo of America has listed precisely which games Nintendo fans can download this week on the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS eShop. There’s everything from Mega Man to Klonoa: Empire of Dreams. This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Mario Kart 8 – Feel the rush as your kart rockets across the ceiling. Race upside-down and along walls on anti-gravity tracks in the most action-fueled Mario Kart game yet. Take on racers across the globe and share videos of your greatest moments via Mario Kart TV (broadband Internet access required for online features).Mario Kart 8 will be available on May 30. Click here to check out a trailer for the game.
- Ittle Dew – Adventuress Ittle Dew and her sidekick, Tippsie, crash onto a strange island filled with loot and mysterious inhabitants. It quickly dawns on the duo that this might become their biggest adventure yet. Experience devious puzzles, timeless game play and lots of exploration in this puzzling adventure game. Click hereto check out a trailer for Ittle Dew.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- KLONOA: Empire of Dreams – Emperor Jillius has banned dreaming, and finds Klonoa guilty of breaking the law. To win back his freedom, Klonoa and his friend, Huepow, must journey across the empire to defeat four nightmarish monsters. Platform your way through 40 stages filled with puzzles, useful items and bad guys in a fight to restore dreams.
- Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS
- Mega Man Xtreme 2 – It’s Mega May! Every Thursday in May, a different Mega Man game will launch in the Virtual Console section of the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. The final Mega May release is Mega Man Xtreme 2, which originally launched on the Game Boy Color system in 2001. Join Mega Man X and Zero as they solve a mysterious case involving Reploids being turned into empty shells. As the investigation leads deeper into a research facility, the two partners will discover that all souls are up for grabs. Click hereto check out a trailer for the game.
- New Nintendo eShop Cards
- $10 Nintendo eShop Cards including Photos with Mario – There’s a new way to have fun with your favorite Mushroom Kingdom characters. A special-edition series of $10 Nintendo eShop Cards lets you use your Nintendo 3DS system to play and pose with Mario, Princess Peach or a Goomba using character cards and the Photos with Mario application, at no additional cost. Not only do you get $10 to spend on downloadable games in the Nintendo eShop on both Nintendo 3DS or Wii U, but you also get a cool way to create fun photos on your Nintendo 3DS system. Choose your favorite character (or collect all three!) exclusively at Target retail stores. For details, visit http://www.nintendo.com/photoswithmario.
- Nintendo Promotion
- Nintendo eShop Sale
- Get up to 33 percent off Pushmo and Crashmo – See where it all started before the Pushmo World game comes out for the Wii U console. From May 28 at 9 a.m. PT to June 13 at 8:59 a.m. PT, the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS is offering the first two games,Pushmo and Crashmo, at up to 33 percent off their regular prices. For details, visit http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers.
Also new this week:
- LEGO The Hobbit – LEGO The Hobbit is being reduced to $39.99 from $49.99 starting June 2 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.