Sumo Digital‘s Executive Producer, Steve Lycett, has supposedly hinted that SEGA mascot Sonic will be a playable character in the next Mario Kart game, or in a racing crossover between Mario and SEGA characters. Earlier this month, a Twitter user suggested that a Pac-Man World Rally and Sonic Racing crossover was in the works, to which Lycett replied by saying that he was thinking there are ‘bigger’ rivals than Pac-Man. This vague statement has lead people to speculate that Lycett was referring to gaming icon Mario.
An anonymous, supposedly ‘genuine’ source claims that the rumored “Fairy-type” is a new type of Pokémon that will be introduced in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. According to the source, the newly discovered Eevee evolution, Sylveon, is “Fairy-type,” and is weak against Poison and Steel-type Pokémon, immune to Dragon-types, super-effective against Dragon, Dark and Fire-types. Below you can read more rumors on “Fairy-type” Pokémon, along with some unconfirmed details on Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.
- Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
- Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
- Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
- The professor’s English name is Patrice.
- The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.
- The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
- A few attacks will be dual-typed.
- There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
- You will be able to see a Pokemon’s EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.
In a recently aired “Pokémon Smash” episode, participants were trying to figure out Eevee evolution Sylveon’s type. During a segment in the episode, it was implied that Sylveon is strong against Ice-type Pokemon, and weak against Poison and Fighting types. If by now you’re thinking it is a Steel-type, think again, as it was revealed that Sylveon lacks the Poison immunity of Steel types. Apparently, if all these implications are true, Sylveon is not a “Fairy-type,” which, as of now, is a rumored Pokémon type.
According to a rumor, the next Sonic game is called “Sonic Excursion.” This rumor comes from someone named Wentos, who apparently is the same person who leaked legitimate information regarding Sonic Generations prior to its release. Among a list of rumors, which can be read below, Wentos says that the unannounced game will feature Sonic, Tails, Dr. Eggman, Knuckles and Amy Rose.
- Level titled “Shattered Heights” will be reminiscent of New York. Wil consist of Sonic and Tails breaking through tall buildings as humans gasp in horror
- Sonic and Tails communicate to each other in every level and discuss surroundings. Each character can access parts the other character can’t.
- Developers aim to make a Sonic Generations that played like the Genesis titles
- The game will feature Sonic, Tails, Eggman, Knuckles, and Amy Rose, along with some sort of Magical necklace.
- Emblems will make returns. Levels will include S rank missions, “Collect all Red Ring” missions, and side missions for ever character.
- Will be released on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PC, 3DS, PlayStation 4, and Xbox Infinite November 2013. All the versions will be the same, PC PS4 and XboxInfinite will have much higher resolutions. 3DS version will not be handled by Dimps
Nintendo Force magazine writer Emily Rogers says that the Virtual Console of both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS will eventually have some compatibility. Supposedly, in the future, consumers who own a Wii U and Nintendo 3DS will be able to play their purchased Virtual Console titles on either of the two platforms. However, according to Rogers, there are noticeable restrictions, which are listed below.
- Not every Virtual Console game will allow this.
- A Virtual Console game would have to release on both Wii U Virtual Console and Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console for this to work.
- You have to pay a discount price to transfer a Wii U Virtual Console game to Nintendo 3DS. It would be just like how you pay a discount price to play a Wii Virtual Console game on Wii U.
The next Wii U system update is coming this week, but on what day will it arrive? According to a source “close to the eShop,” the update will be launching on Thursday, April 25th. If the update does see release on Thursday, then the Wii U Virtual Console is supposed to launch the following Friday, on April 26th. Click here to see which Virtual Console titles you’ll be able to purchase on Wii U this week.
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD for Wii U is scheduled to launch later this year, but Nintendo hasn’t yet shared the game’s release date. However, a U.K. retailer’s listing suggests that the remake will be released in the fall. The Hut recently added an October 15th release date for the game. Note that the above box art is fan-made – not from Nintendo.
There will be brand-new Pokémon in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Among the new Pokémon are Eevee evolution Sylveon and Legendaries Xerneas, Yveltal and an unnamed form of Mewtwo. The Pokémon Company hasn’t yet revealed which types they are, but, according to a rumor, both Sylveon and Xerneas will be ‘Fairy-type.’ Furthermore, Normal-type Pokémon Clefairy and Togetic are said to be ‘Fairy-type’ in the upcoming Nintendo 3DS games. What do you think of this rumor? Do want ‘Fairy-type’ Pokémon to be introduced? Let us know in the comments.
An anonymous source sent the logo above to EGM Now and claims that it’s from the Xbox 360 version of a supposed remake of Need for Speed: Underground, which was originally released in 2003 on multiple platforms, including Game Boy Advance and Nintendo GameCube.
The developer of the unconfirmed remake is said to be Criterion Games, subsidiary of Electronic Arts (EA) and the studio behind Need for Speed: Most Wanted. While a remake of Need for Speed: Underground can only be confirmed by EA, keep in mind that several employees from Criterion Games are apparently working on an ‘unannounced racing title.’
Published by Namco Bandai Games, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch launched in the West earlier this year, exclusively for the PlayStation 3. It was, however, ‘too difficult‘ to localize the Nintendo DS version, titled Ni no Kuni: Shikkoku no Madōshi, which saw release in 2010 – but only in Japan.
Apparently, a Namco Bandai Games executive stated that his company wasn’t opposed to the idea of bringing the PlayStation 3 version of the role-playing game to Nintendo’s latest handheld console. Would you like to play Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch on your Nintendo 3DS? Or do you wish the game would instead come to Wii U? Let us know in the comments.