Retailers are running some hot deals through Black Friday and Toys R Us don’t seem to be an exception, especially for those interested in the Skylanders franchise. There’s even a Wii U with Skylanders Swap Force available for $199.99. The Black Friday deals go on sale on Thursday at 5pm. Here’s what you can get cheap this year.
- Starts Thursday 5pm
- All Skylanders Trap Team Starter Packs $37.50
- B1G1 70% Off All Skylander Trap Team Figures & Traps
- All Skylander Spyro Adventures Single Figures 4 for $10 (Must Buy 4 for Offer)
- All Skylander Giants & Swap Force Single Figures B1G1 70% Off
- Wii U Skylanders Swap Force Bundle $199.99
- B1G1 40 Off All Video Games Reg. $19.99-$59.99 (Excludes Starter Packs)
- Skylanders Swap Force Carry & Display Case $14.99
- Nintendo 3DS XL Mario Party Island Tour Bundle $179.99
- Flashback Consoles (Intellivision,Colecovision,Sega or Atari) $29.99
- PS4 500GV Bundle (Includes GTA V+The Last of Us) or (Lego Batman 3+Little Big Planet 3) $399.99
- Xbox One with Kinect $429.99
- Xbox One Kinectless Assassin Creed Bundle $329.99
- B1G1 $2 All “R” Superbuy Video Games (Reg. $14.99-$19.99)
- All Disney Infinity Starter Packs $39.99 – $59.99
- All Disney Infinity 2.0 Figures B1G1 70% Off
- Starts Friday 7am
- Skylander Trap Team Starter Pack $49.99
- B1G1 40% Off All Skylanders Trap Team Figures & Traps
Thanks to those who sent this in.
Activision announced earlier this week that if you’re thinking of purchasing Skylanders Trap Team on the Wii then you’re eligible to get a free download code for Skylanders Trap Team on the Wii U. The Skylanders Trap Team Starter Pack launches in the US on October 5th.
Thanks, Justin and Christopher
Activision has revealed that the company initially wanted to team up with a company for the immensely popular Skylanders series, and they wanted that specific partner to be Nintendo. The company was surprised that Nintendo didn’t want to partner with them as they thought Nintendo would have been the perfect fit for the franchise.
“We had been directed towards thinking about something that would play well with Nintendo,” says Ford. “I think there was some co-marketing money and the Wii was doing well. They had some success with peripherals.”
“They spent a long time looking and looking,” says Reiche. “They were just like ‘we have never seen anything like this before.’ I’ve always wondered about the full meaning of that comment [laughs].” Although there was a limited co-marketing deal, Nintendo did not want to make a full commitment to Skylanders. “We have no idea why,” says Reiche. “Clearly, they have got properties well suited to this world. Why it is that they didn’t rush in here will probably haunt them for the rest of their days.”
“Reiche is still surprised that the entertainment giant which reacted most quickly was Disney, which launched Disney Infinity in 2013 and is looking to expand the franchise. “Nintendo could have kicked Disney’s ass,” says Reiche. “If I was running Nintendo I would have jumped on this.”
Toys for Bob, the original development team behind the incredibly popular Skylanders franchise, is reportedly developing a brand new Skylanders game for the Nintendo 3DS. Details are fairly scarce, but the last Skylanders game developed by Toys for Bob was Skylanders Giants for home consoles and handheld. The game received an average review score of 80 on Metacritic.
Activision has announced during its quarterly financial report that the incredibly popular Skylanders series has generated more than $2 billion worldwide across all of the platforms it has launched on as of December 31st last year. Activision also revealed that it has sold approximately 175 million Skylanders toys.
Activision CEO Bobby Kotick confirmed during the publisher’s Q3 2013 that a new Call of Duty title and Skylanders title will be coming next year. It’s unknown at this point who is developing the next instalment of the immensely popular Call of Duty franchise. Rumours have been going round that suggest Sledgehammer is working on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4.
“Despite short-term uncertainties, as we look forward to 2014, we have a very strong product pipeline. We expect multiple new releases across our major franchises, including the first Diablo III expansion, Reaper of Souls, along with the PS4 version of Diablo III and significant and exciting new content for World of Warcraft. We also expect to launch new Call of Duty and Skylanders titles and a major new potential franchise with Bungie’s Destiny.”
A new Wii U bundle featuring Activision Publishing Inc.’s Skylanders SWAP Force starter pack delivers an amazing amount of value for people looking for a great video game deal. The bundle launches Nov. 15 at a suggested retail price of $299.99 and includes everything needed to start the new adventure plus an assortment of Skylanders extras that will satisfy current fans and newcomers alike.
“There are so many great elements to this Skylanders SWAP Force Wii U bundle that we almost couldn’t cram them all into the box,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “This amazing deal provides a huge amount of entertainment for kids and their families to play together.”
The bundle comes with:
- a white Wii U Basic system
- a Skylanders SWAP Force starter pack that includes:
- Skylanders SWAP Force Wii U software
- a Portal of Power
- three Skylanders figures, including Ninja Stealth Elf (one of the Core Skylanders) and two SWAP Force characters: Blast-Zone and an exclusive color shift Washbuckler
- a collector poster, trading cards and sticker sheets
- a Nintendo Land game disc
The third installment of the award-winning toys-to-life Skylanders franchise, Skylanders SWAP Force lets players mix and match the top and bottom halves of up to 16 SWAP Force figures that are available for purchase and transform them into more than 250 unique characters. Fans also can play Skylanders SWAP Force with their entire collection of 100+ characters from Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure and Skylanders Giants. The Wii U version of the game stands apart, with touch-screen interfaces on the Wii U GamePad controller and the ability to play the entire game on the GamePad while someone else watches TV. A portable version of Skylanders SWAP Force is available on Nintendo 3DS.