SEGA has confirmed via a press release that there will indeed be three Sonic titles coming to Nintendo platforms. The first game was revealed yesterday as Sonic The Lost World which is exclusive to Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. The second game was also announced yesterday and is titled Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games. The game includes a variety of events from the Winter Games, including skiing, figure skating and curling. SEGA has yet to reveal the third game in the exclusive new Nintendo-SEGA partnership, but it’s rumoured to be a mashup between Sonic & All-Stars Racing and Mario Kart.
“Sonic the Hedgehog has proven incredibly successful on Nintendo platforms and we are pleased to continue our long-standing relationship with Nintendo. As we initiate this new exclusive partnership with the next three titles we believe that Wii U and Nintendo 3DS are ideal platforms to showcase the evolution of the Sonic brand.”
- John Cheng, President & COO, SEGA of America
Nintendo of America confirmed yesterday in a Nintendo Direct presentation that it has joined forces with SEGA to bring Sonic Lost World exclusively to Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Sonic Stadium claims that SEGA leaked the Sonic Lost World announcement early yesterday morning, before the Nintendo Direct took place. The company apparently showcased three teaser images and the promise of more details on May 29th. SEGA has also apparently said that the unexpected partnership is for the next three Sonic games. Here’s what was supposedly said on the official Sonic Facebook page.
- The sonic Facebook page just leaked a picture of the lost world, six “guardians”,
- And the announcement that sega and Nintendo are forming an “exclusive partnership” for three games.
- The Facebook page accidentally leaked 3 pictures of the game with important information:
- Full details will be announced on the 29th.
- The lost world (not worlds) is a partially unfinished planet seemingly made of hexagon tiles.
- The game has six “guardians” who may be friends or foes- only their outlines are shown but they look very cartoony, like characters from Rayman.
- Most importantly, Sega and Nintendo have entered an exclusive partnership for Sonic’s next three games.
- These photos should still be accessible, they’re just not in posts but rather in the picture gallery itself.
- At this point I consider the Sonic Excursion rumor to have no credibility.
Nintendo has announced that it has partnered with SEGA for Sonic Lost World. The game will be exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS and the Wii U. More details regarding the game should be released at a future date.
SEGA has announced via their yearly financial results that the company currently has seven releases planned for Wii U this coming year. The respected developer and publisher also has the same number of games due for release on the PlayStation 3, though it has slightly less for the popular Xbox 360. SEGA currently has six games in development for the Nintendo 3DS, though no releases are planned for the Nintendo DS. SEGA is estimating results of just under one million software sales on each Nintendo platform. We should hopefully start seeing some of these exciting games at E3 in June.
According to a rumor, the next Sonic game is called “Sonic Excursion.” This rumor comes from someone named Wentos, who apparently is the same person who leaked legitimate information regarding Sonic Generations prior to its release. Among a list of rumors, which can be read below, Wentos says that the unannounced game will feature Sonic, Tails, Dr. Eggman, Knuckles and Amy Rose.
- Level titled “Shattered Heights” will be reminiscent of New York. Wil consist of Sonic and Tails breaking through tall buildings as humans gasp in horror
- Sonic and Tails communicate to each other in every level and discuss surroundings. Each character can access parts the other character can’t.
- Developers aim to make a Sonic Generations that played like the Genesis titles
- The game will feature Sonic, Tails, Eggman, Knuckles, and Amy Rose, along with some sort of Magical necklace.
- Emblems will make returns. Levels will include S rank missions, “Collect all Red Ring” missions, and side missions for ever character.
- Will be released on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PC, 3DS, PlayStation 4, and Xbox Infinite November 2013. All the versions will be the same, PC PS4 and XboxInfinite will have much higher resolutions. 3DS version will not be handled by Dimps
You have all heard the numerous rumours online that a Sonic announcement is imminent. Well, recent internet speculation points towards the game being Sonic Adventure 3. The game was meant to be revealed for current-gen and next-gen platforms on February 2nd and February 3rd, but this never transpired. You may remember that Sega registered six Sonic Adventure 3 domain names back in July, leading many to believe that Sonic’s next outing is Sonic Adventure 3. Hopefully Sega will announce something soon so the speculation can be laid to rest.
“Got word that Sonic Adventure 3 ships by the end of this year, they might change the name but that’s what they’re running with now.”
Thanks, Cheat-master30 anon
Through its official blog, Sega has confirmed that the Nintendo 3DS version of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed will be released this month. The racing game, which launched last year for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Xbox 360 and Wii U, will arrive on Nintendo’s latest handheld console on February 8th in Europe and February 12th in North America. The Nintendo 3DS version includes StreetPass challenges and allows for up to eight players racing against each other via Download Play. To view screenshots from the Nintendo 3DS’ version of the game, go here.
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 was released 19 years ago, February 2nd, 1994, in the U.S. Because the game was released on that particular day, its publisher, Sega, says the second of February is “Hedgehog Day.” Via its official blog, Sega yesterday said that, although it’s not ready to go into any specifics, great Sonic ‘stuff’ are coming this year. Although this is just a rumor for now, sources who claim to be close to Sega said that a new Sonic game for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS will be revealed this month.
On February 2nd in 1994, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 was released in the US, and it was dubbed “Hedgehog Day”. For the past few years, we’ve revived this day as a holiday for all Sonic fans. We’ve got some great stuff coming up this year, but we’re not ready to talk about it just yet.
The Sonic Team have announced that they will be doing a live stream on February 2nd and 3rd during Japanese online TV show Puyo-Puyo. February 2nd is known amongst Sonic fans and SEGA employees as Sonic Day due to their tradition with making big announcements. We already posted that a new Sonic game is apparently in development and will be revealed on February 2nd. The game is set to be released on Wii U, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation Vita, PC, and next-gen consoles. The staff members joining the Puyo-Puyo team are as follows.
- Tadashi Takezaki/SEGA
- Takashi Iizuka/Producer
- Jun Senoue/Sound Dilector
- Kazuyuki Hoshino/Art Director
Sources close to SEGA have contacted Sonic Stadium and has informed them that the company will be announcing a new Sonic title next month. Speculation points towards SEGA announcing the new Sonic game on February 2nd, which is known as Hedgehog Day, when the publisher usually teases Sonic fans about upcoming games. The game is reportedly in development for Wii U, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation Vita, PC, and next gen consoles. The game will be sticking with the recent formula seen in Sonic Unleashed (Daytime), Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations. You can read more about this rumour here.