Tecmo Koei To Change Company Name To Koei Tecmo In Europe

Tecmo Koei – the publisher behind such franchises as Dead or Alive, Dynasty Warriors and most recently the Zelda spin-off Hyrule Warriors – are set to switch around its company name in Europe. As announced on Twitter yesterday, the company will be known as Koei Tecmo from July 1.

In a similar case earlier this year, Bandai Namco (Namco Bandai as before) changed its company name to follow suit with the Japanese division. Tecmo Koei America has yet to confirm the name change but it will be, no doubt, on the cards for the company’s unity in the near future.

Tecmo Koei Aims To Sell Over One Million Copies Of Hyrule Warriors

Tecmo Koei president Yoichi Erikawa has revealed that his company is aiming to sell more than one million copies of Hyrule Warriors. The upcoming Wii U action title, which is being developed in collaboration with Nintendo, is scheduled to make its debut this summer in Japan. Set in the vast land of Hyrule, the game contains elements inspired by Tecmo Koei’s Dynasty Warriors series.

“In gaming, this is a first-time collaboration,” said Erikawa. “As a new entry in the Warriors series, we plan to release the game Hyrule Warriors in collaboration with Nintendo in the summer of this year. In addition to our Warriors series fan base, Nintendo’s The Legend of Zelda is also a very popular series with a large fan base, and I think it will become a great new market. Because of The Legend of Zelda’s legion of fans overseas, we are aiming to sell more than one million copies worldwide.”

New Fatal Frame Instalment Announced For Wii U

Tecmo Koei and Nintendo have today announced a brand new instalment of Fatal Frame, which will be heading to the Wii U. The survival horror game’s last instalment – known in Europe as Project Zero – hit the Wii back in 2012 as a remake to Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly, but was only released for Japan, Europe and Australia, with North America sadly missing out.

The publishers have yet to announce critical details though, namely a title for the hit series and a release date. However, according to the announcement, it will be exclusive to the Wii U. Tecmo Koei is also looking to expand the Fatal Frame franchise and will launch an original novel for August, a comic, and a live-action film – looking at an Autumn release – to fully satiate fans of the series.

Metroid: Other M Studio’s Parent Company Wants To Work On Mario

Tecmo Koei has expressed its interest in working on Nintendo’s Mario series. Speaking with ONM, Tecmo vice president Hibashi Kinuma revealed that his company would also like to work on franchises owned by Disney, such as Star Wars. A subsidiary of the publisher, Team Ninja, developed the Wii title Metroid: Other M alongside Nintendo in 2010.

“Disney, Star Wars and Mario are just a few of the various franchises we’d like to work with,” said Kinuma.

Nintendo DS’ Pokémon Conquest May Be Getting Sequel

pokemon_conquest

Developer Tecmo Koei has hinted that Pokémon Conquest may be getting a sequel. The game, which is a crossover between the Pokémon and Nobunaga’s Ambition video game series, was released in 2012 for the Nintendo DS, though it was apparently in development even before Nintendo’s latest hand-held console – the Nintendo 3DS – existed.

When asked whether a sequel to the game is coming, Tecmo Koei’s executive vice president, Hisashi Koinuma, hinted that “there was a lot of unfinished material for Pokémon Conquest. …” Do you want a sequel to Pokémon Conquest? Did you enjoy the original game? Let us know in the comments below.

Famitsu Confirms Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge Will No Longer Be Exclusive To Wii U

ninja_gaiden_razor's_edge_screenshotThe rumor that Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge was going to hit other platforms is true, according to Japanese video game magazine Famitsu. The action-adventure video game, which is an enhanced version of Ninja Gaiden 3, which was released in March 2012, will be released on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge launched alongside the Wii U console in November last year, and it was even published by Nintendo in Europe and North America, but the game will no longer be exclusive to the publisher’s latest console.

Wii U’s Version Of Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2 Coming To Europe In Nintendo eShop Only

fist_of_the_north_star_kens_rage_2Tecmo Koei has today announced that Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2 will launch next month in Europe, on February 8th. The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the beat ‘em up game will be available to purchase at retail; however, Wii U’s version will be a download-only title in the Nintendo eShop.