Yesterday, Nintendo revealed two brand-new Pokémon games – Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, which are exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS and will be launching worldwide this October. Pokémon Company President Tsunekazu Ishihara shared several tidbits on the upcoming games, which can be read below.
- In addition to existing Pokemon, there will be a large number of completely new Pokemon. The additions will bring the total number of Pokemon in the franchise from the current 649 to over 700.
- Because of Pokemon X and Y, the Pokemon anime, movies, card game and merchandise will “break into a new dimension.”
- People around the world will be able to simultaneously experience “Real Play.”
- The game will utilize the Nintendo 3DS to its maximum abilities to leverage its overwhelmingly beautiful presentation.
- The game uses an innovative communication system that makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world.
- The bonds between players and Pokemon will deepen, and Pokemon will become stronger with the new battle structure.
- Everyone will enjoy the game’s scenario and music.