Disney Infinity 3.0 hasn’t even been announced yet but character names and images have appeared online. Apparently coming from Chinese retailer Taobao, they were posted to Infinity Inquirer but has since been taken down at the request of Disney Interactive, but not before someone could snatch the images!
Characters revealed were classic Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Mulan, Olaf from Frozen, Sam Flynn and Quorra from Tron, and five characters from the upcoming Pixar movie Inside Out. It’s also likely that Disney Infinity 3.0 will feature Star Wars figures given the release of the new film this Christmas. Even if you’re not a fan of the game, the figures make for pretty cool collectibles. I’d love to get my hands on Chewie and Han Solo figures!
Some new details have emerged about Ubisoft’s cancelled ZombiU 2 for the Wii U. The canned game was in development for a short period in 2013 but it never left pre-production. It’s probable that poor sales of ZombiU and the small Wii U user base at the time contributed to its cancellation. Here’s some of the details.
- ZombiU 2 was in development for a short period back in early 2013
- Roughly 5-10 staffers worked on the project
- The game never left pre-production
- It didn’t take long for the game to be cancelled
- Explore a “run-down, zombie apocalypse setting”
- Would have featured co-op
- One player would control the GamePad, while the other would use the Pro Controller
- Players would get split up via multiple routes at points during the campaign
- This co-op would be local only
- More melee weapons were another desire of the team
EA’s FIFA 14 isn’t the only soccer simulation game that will not see release on Nintendo platforms this year. Konami has confirmed that Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PES 2014) will not be released on the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS. PES European community manager Adam Bhatti claims that the reason the game will skip the hand-held console is because no one bought the Nintendo 3DS version of PES 2013, which was released in 2012. PES 2014 is scheduled to arrive in September for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox 360 and PC.