Nintendo has revealed that, in total, New Super Mario Bros. 2 worldwide players have collected over 100 billion coins. If you haven’t already, purchase the game from a retailer near you, or download it directly to your Nintendo 3DS via the Nintendo eShop.
Nintendo has released the worldwide sales figures for a number of popular Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DS games. The titles included are The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Pokemon Black & White and Super Mario 3D Land.
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D – 2.61 million (up 0.12 mil. from Dec.)
- Pokémon: Rumble Blast – 1.08 million
- Pokémon Black/White (DS) – 14.71 million
- Mario Kart 7 – 5.24 million
- Nintendogs + cats – 2.70 million (for comparison: the original Nintendogs – 23.89 million so far)
- Super Mario 3D Land – 5.84 million (for comparison: Super Mario Galaxy – 10.68 million so far)
- Nintendo 3DS console – 17.13 million units (up from 15.03 mil. in Dec.)
The Wii’s movie download service could become available worldwide according to Lionsgate’s president of digital media.
“I imagine the Wii’s movie store will launch worldwide soon,” he said. “The essential point is that the game machine is already connected into the TV, and we see it as a major conduit inside the home to bring movies via the internet into the television.
– Curt Marvis, Lionsgate’s president of digital media