YouTube channel Geeksmithing is at it again and have created a stunning Mario Kart 8 themed nursery complete with anti-gravity karts. If you watch the video you won’t be surprised to find out that this particular project took around a year and a half to complete. To complete the task he had to use several new materials and techniques such as styrofoam sculpting and silicone molding/ resin casting. Be sure to watch the video and check out the stunning results.
The ability to upload replay videos of Mario Kart 8 directly to YouTube is a pretty nifty feature that provides quite a lot of fun, especially in the form of Luigi death stares. The success of the feature caused Nintendo to extend it to other games like Super Smash Bros., but apparently it won’t be included in the new Super Mario Maker. It might be pretty cool to be able to share videos of the levels you’ve created, but producer of the game, Takashi Tezuka, said they’d rather players play the levels and experience them rather than just watching, which you’re able to do in a sharing feature between friends. Do you think they’ve missed a trick, or is it not that big a deal?
We thought about having YouTube uploading, but it’s not in our game. The reason for that is other than just watching movies of courses, we’d rather players play them and experience them in that way. — Takashi Tezuka
Even the crew at My Nintendo News freely admit that Nintendo’s 2015 Digital Event @ E3 was not perfect — while some games have been seeing some love, others (as well as Nintendo as a whole) are being raked across the coals. Whether this is a response to the games themselves or a reaction when comparing the Nintendo Event to Sony, Bethesda, and Microsoft’s generally well received conference, Nintendo is getting socially and critically dismembered (prompting a quick apology from Nintendo Japan CEO, Satoru Iwata.)
However, nowhere has this vitriol been seen quite as prevalently as the YouTube videos. After checking the likes and dislikes of each individual announcement, we’ve tallied the popularity of each reveal, from the superstars to the flops. Check out the list below, and let us know whether you agree!
Italics titles are Nindies.
Bold titles are events.
Regular typeface titles are games shown during Nintendo’s Direct.
Popularity — Rated Most to Least Popular (Likes/Dislikes):
- Typoman: 99% (745/7)
- Earthbound Beginnings: 98% (5406/72)
- Freedom Planet: 98% (1180/22)
- RIVE: 98% (515/11)
- Soul Axiom: 98% (452/8)
- Mutant Mudds Super Challenge: 98% (266/6)
- Nintendo World Championships 2015: 97% (28454/905)
- Super Smash Bros. New Content Approaching: 97% (18918/654)
- Fire Emblem Fates: 97% (3324/109)
- Shantae: Half-Genie Hero: 97% (1906/50)
- Runbow: 97% (743/23)
- Nindies@Home: 97% (679/20)
- Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water: 97% (1248/41)
- forma 8: 97% (364/12)
- Lovely Planet: 96% (617/25)
- Xenoblade Chronicles X: 95% (2381/123)
- Yoshi’s Woolly World: 91% (834/83)
- Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam: 90% (2376/275)
- Super Mario Maker: 89% (1382/159)
- Star Fox Zero: 84% (3024/546)
- FAST Racing Neo: 79% (677/182)
- Genei Ibun Roku #FE: 76% (1557/485)
- Hyrule Warriors Legends: 73% (858/316)
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer: 68% (955/442)
- The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes: 66% (1085/563)
- Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash: 64% (426/241)
- Yo-Kai Watch: 60% (470/310)
- Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games: 59% (975/687)
- SteamWorld Heist: 55% (364/293)
- Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash: 53% (1377/1206)
- Nintendo Digital Event: 44% (2955/3710)
- Skylanders SuperChargers: 23% (507/1668)
- Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival: 13% (540/3538)
- Metroid Prime: Federation Force: 9% (1511/15364)
*** This list was made on the current statistics of YouTube videos, they are subject to change (and likely have changed already).
E3 is alive and kicking! How are you liking it so far? To keep up with everything Nintendo, here’s some times and features to look out for. Twitch will be having E3 features on their E3 stream on:
- Later today at: 2:30pm PT / 5:30pm ET / 4:30pm CT / 10:30pm UK / 11:30pm Europe.
- Tuesday: 3:30pm PT / 6:30 PM ET / 5:30pm CT / 11:30pm UK / 12:30pm Europe
- Thursday: 3:15pm PT / 6:15pm ET / 5:15pm CT / 11:15pm UK / 12:15pm Europe
Also, YouTube will be holding their Nintendo Power Half-Hour later today at 11:30am PT / 2:30pm ET / 1:30pm CT / 7:30pm UK / 8:30pm Europe and of course, the Nintendo E3 Conference on Tuesday 16th June. Tune into the Digital Event live at 9am PT / 12pm ET / 11am CT / 5pm UK / 6pm Europe. There! Make sure you don’t miss anything, and obviously we’ll be bringing you the news as it comes. Happy E3!
Want to relive your childhood memories? Well, if you do, then you’ll be excited to know that the classic Donkey Kong Country cartoon is officially on YouTube. It has been resurrected by YouTube channel Nelvana Retro and they have plenty of videos on offer including many other famous shows from the 80’s and 90’s. You can watch the videos, right here.
Update: We have been told to delete all the Ryu, Roy Smash Bros posts via Nintendo so I will have to take them down.
YouTube channel, GameChap, have began somewhat of a campaign against a copyright claim Nintendo of America filed against their video focusing on the Super Smash Bros. leaks. They received the copyright complaint and had to remove the video, but are adamant there was no copyright issue and have been singled out, as other channels reporting the news had no such problem. They’re asking people to get involved and get behind them on YouTube and Twitter. What do you think of the dispute?
‘Did You Know Gaming?’ brings us more interesting fun facts and easter eggs, and the game under the spotlight this time is the popular Punch-Out!! Find out everything there is to know about this series of games and how they started out, and all the fun easter eggs you can find. It’s always good to have fun ‘Did you know…?’ conversation starters saved up!