One of Nintendo’s biggest assets is its Pokemon franchise which took Japan, and then the rest of the world by storm in 1996.
Now without further ado, some snippets of information appeared online yesterday in regards to the latest Pokemon title Diamond and Pearl, which is set to be released later this year. The first new snippet of information that was revealed to gamers is that players will have access to three new Pokemon, who will be available right at the beginning of the game.
- Naetle who is a Grass Type has the ability titled Overgrow
- Hikozaru who is a Fire Type has an ability named Blaze
- Pochama who is a Water Type has the ability Torrent
The second set of information which was revealed are the all important Wifi features. These features will be built into the game, and are as follows (taken from Serebii.net) :
- The Underground world of Shinou mentioned before appears to be a co-operative area where you link up with a friend (Over Wireless and WiFi) and search for items and Pokémon, tackling puzzles enroute. Fossils are primarily found here
- The underground area is also where the secret bases are situated and there is a game called Flag Retrieval. Each person has a flag in their secret base and when connected you need to go to your friends base and retrieve their flag. There are Rocks and Leaves and many other traps that can slow you down or stop you on that route
- The Battle Tower makes a return with global WiFi battling in a special WiFi Battle Room
- There is a Global Trade Station where you can meet up with people online around the globe and trade with people.
- Currently it is unknown if the Global Trade Station & Battle Tower require Friend Codes, but considering there is a WiFi Center in each Pokémon Center, it is likely that these are random battles & trade hunts