In a new Nintendo Direct video announcement today, Nintendo revealed another massive list of news for its Nintendo 3DS and Wii Usystems. Topping the list for many gamers is an entirely new Nintendo 3DS game in The Legend of Zelda series set in the world of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. The game is scheduled to launch this holiday season. Fans will also be excited to hear that a new game in the Yoshi’s Island series is also being developed for Nintendo 3DS. And, after 20 years, EarthBound is finally returning to North America. The game is scheduled to be released this year on the Virtual Console service for the Wii U home console.
“Nintendo 3DS and Wii U continue to evolve into some of the best bets in gaming,” said Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. “We’ve had an incredible 2013 so far with titles such as Fire Emblem Awakening and Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, and the rest of 2013 and beyond is even better.”
To view the Nintendo Direct in its entirety, visit http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct. Today’s announcements included:
Nintendo 3DS News
- A New Game in The Legend of Zelda Series: Nintendo developers are working on a new game set in the world of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, which launched for Super NES in 1992. The game makes use of the 3D abilities of Nintendo 3DS, and allows Link to become a drawing and move along walls. A 3D video of the new game is now available to download in the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS. The game is scheduled to launch this holiday season.
- Yoshi’s Island: The third installment in the beloved franchise is making its way to Nintendo 3DS. Yoshi and Baby Mario are back with flutter jumps, ground pounds and egg throws, plus a host of new actions that use the unique features of Nintendo 3DS. More details about the game, as well as launch timing, will be announced in the future.
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team: The game takes place on a mysterious island, and challenges Mario to go between the real world and Luigi’s dreams to rescue Princess Peach. The game will be available in stores and in the Nintendo eShop on Aug. 11.
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D: This hand-held update of the smash-hit for Wii adds eight new stages that players can enjoy after they have completed the main game, as well as a New Mode optimized for hand-held play with new items and mechanics. The game launches in stores and in the Nintendo eShop on May 24.
- Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move: This Nintendo eShop exclusive challenges players to place tiles on the bottom screen to guide the Mini Marios to their goal on the top screen. The game offers more than 180 stages in four different modes. Players can also create and share their own stages, and play those created by other players around the world. The game will launch on May 9.
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf Hardware Bundle: A special Nintendo 3DS XL system featuring designs from Animal Crossing: New Leaf that comes pre-installed with the new game will be available on launch day, June 9, at a suggested retail price of $219.99.
- Mario Golf: World Tour: Players who connect their Nintendo 3DS systems to the Internet can play competitive real-time multiplayer matches against others across the globe. They can also use the community feature to find others to golf with. The game is scheduled to launch this summer.
- The Legend of Zelda – Two Classic Games: The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons will soon be available for the first time since their original release on Game Boy Color in 2001. Originally developed by Capcom, the games are headed to the Virtual Console service for Nintendo 3DS. The games are interconnected: Playing one unlocks secrets in the other. The games are scheduled to launch in the Nintendo eShop on May 30.
- Party Like it’s the Year of Luigi: A new game in the Mario Party series is scheduled to launch for Nintendo 3DS this winter. The game features seven different game boards, each with its own set of rules. The game offers 81 new mini-games that test speed, concentration and luck. In addition to the board game elements, players will be able to play mini-games exclusively or try their hands at a 30-floor tower climb, AR Card games and StreetPass battles.
- Bravely Default: This role-playing game from Square Enix adds a new risk-reward twist to the genre: Players can skip a turn in battle to do more damage in later turns. The game includes AR functions, multiple endings and unique wireless features. Nintendo has partnered with Square Enix to publish the game in North America in 2014.
- Professor Layton is Back: The third game in the second Professor Layton trilogy, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, includes more than 500 puzzles and is scheduled for a 2014 launch.
- A Nintendo eShop Trio from LEVEL-5: LEVEL-5 has assembled a collection of Japan’s top developers to create original games that will be headed to the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS soon. THE STARSHIP DAMREY, from Kazuya Asano and Takemaru Abiko, puts players in a suspenseful adventure where they will have to search for any information available to discover the truth about their circumstances. In BUGS vs. TANKS! from Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune, players control a tiny customizable tank in battle against swarms of giant bugs. In Kaz Ayabe’s ATTACK OF THE FRIDAY MONSTERS! A TOKYO TALE, players will take the role of a young boy who lives where the giant monsters from Japan’s 1970s TV shows come to life every Friday.
- Shin Megami Tensei 4: When this game launches on July 16 from ATLUS, every copy in the initial shipment will be a Limited Edition Box Set that includes a 176-page Strategy & Design Book containing the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs; the Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series; and a deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by character designer Masayuki Doi.
Wii U News
- You Are Not Dreaming – This is Real: Nintendo fans rejoice: EarthBound is coming to the Wii U Virtual Console this year. The original game was created by Shigesato Itoi and released on Super NES in 1995.
- New Super Luigi U: Wii U owners who purchase this downloadable content for New Super Mario Bros. U (a copy of the game is required) will get 82 updated stages and a new adventure featuring Luigi, who can jump higher than Mario, yet has trouble stopping after a dash. Many stages start with only 100 seconds on the timer, and quicker stages are populated with many obstacles. New Super Luigi U is scheduled to be released this summer during the Year of Luigi.
- System Update: Next week’s update will add new functions and enhance existing ones. It shortens loading times when switching between applications or returning to the Wii U Menu.
- New Features: Shortly after the system update, Nintendo will launch the Virtual Console service and Wii U Panorama View.
- Game & Wario: Each game in Game & Wario uses the Wii U GamePad in a unique way. Game & Wario will be available in stores and the Nintendo eShop on June 23.
- Pikmin 3: In addition to new Rock Pikmin, the new game also introduces flying Winged Pikmin that follow the player and can carry items in the air. The game launches in stores and in the Nintendo eShop on Aug. 4.
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Update: A game update for the Wii U version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate from Capcom is now available for download. The update enables off-TV play using the Wii U GamePad, and allows players from North America and Europe to join each other’s online games. A selection of videos introducing players to the game’s game-play mechanics can be found at http://www.YouTube.com/Nintendo.
Damn 3ds is steam rolling wiiu will be next count on it. bravely default next year thanks for the consideration. pikmin on wiiu is a most own by anyone who knows how to use a controller and yoshi and the new zelda are making me take money away from the wiiu saves.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Nintendo washing brains to their fanboys again with their Zelda and Mario like i said they never gonna give you real games and when i say real games i don’t mean only graphics
“i don’t mean only graphics” so, what u otherwise mean? Games with an amazing Story, like Xenoblade?The Last Story? Pandoras Tower? Or some other Stuff like Monster Hunter? This is new to me .. all trolls trolling on SO GOOD HERRRP DERRRP GRAPHICS ON PS3/360″ but u involve Games, that are not made out of Graphics .. give us an example, come on !
For me most important thing for one game is storyline and the good soundtrack and i can agree with the games you said but that games Mario Yoshi Pikmin 3 New Super Luigi U actually this is again Mario anyway this games are junk AND DON’T CALL ME TROLL GOT IT
Kratos the Troll.
Started strong whit the trolling whit the lought then from there it was a patetic try of a monkey trying to use a keyboard.
you’ll certainly have to explain yourself on this one. I fully understand you are a troll, but that Nintendo Direct was so much better then I was expecting. So what do you mean by real games? Nearly every genre was covered with this direct. The updates to the Wii U make it silky smooth plus the added features are exactly what I expected and right on par with the PS4 minus their facebook update system which is a terrible idea. If you say crap about the Mario & Luigi series then you have never played them. They are some of the best mix between the original Mario RPG: Legend of the seven stars (one of the most acclaimed RPG’s of all time, along with FF 3/6 and FF7, Chrono Trigger) and the original Paper Mario. What you fail to grasp is that if it were called Master Sergeant & Marcus Fenix you would be jizzing all over your self, but it wouldn’t reach as many people as it will with Mario & Luigi as that is familiar to everybody. If it were called for example Pluck & Duck it would probably be passed over by most people purely on the fact that it’s unfamiliar and it has no backing.
Bravely Default and all the Level 5 stuff is just good news, looking forward to “THE STARSHIP DAMREY”. Looks horror, thriller, Amnesia-esque, that is all just good stuff even for those not into Mario or Zelda.
EARTHBOUND you fucking TWAT! That is all that needs to be said about that subject.
Idiot, Zelda and Mario ARE real games.
Sony and Microsoft Fanboys T_T
Your crap is getting VERY old.
Damn, that was better than I expected.
Games I am getting for 3DS this year.
Mario and Luigi: Dream Team
In a pokemon way im gona get them all…even if the last thing i do.
and animal crossing ;)
Reblogged this on NintendoLperZDude's Blog.
It’s like my wallet just lost a few pounds.
Don’t you mean dollars ? ding ding!
Euros preferably since the dollar is pretty useless these days…
Isn’t the Euro dropping in value?
Everything is. Except maybe the Renminbi.
And from what game is that? :P
lol None. That’s the Chinese currency.
Also, called the Yaun at least by most mainlanders.
ahhh america, fucking putting everybody in debt and our worthless dollar, thanks to gas prices and economy everybody is on welfare and we wont even drill for our own oil, what a great country, oh i hate politics so take this as light because it gets annoying
Would have been nice to see a release date for Pokemon X and Y.
Thats already been announced: October 13
IT’S OCTOBER 2013 YOU SHIT NUGGET. THERE IS NO RELEASE DATE YET.
Calm down Ness, your game is getting re-released. Be happy….
I KNOW, I STILL HATE GAYTENDO FOR WHAT THEY DID TO ME AND NO I WILL NOT CALM DOWN!!
Another noob T_T
It’s all good. I’m annoyed that Pikmin 3 is delayed. Nintendo needs some big hitters on the Wiiu asap. I just want a game on my new console that actually does the platform justice.
There is lots of great games out for the WIiu right now , but I want one that is built from the ground up and demonstrates what the thing can do.
THE WII U IS STEAMING PILE OF DOGSHIT ABD WILL FAIL LIKE THE GAMECUBE!! AND PIKMIN IS RECYCLED AND MOST OF THE DIRECT WAS BLOODY FAT MARIO GAMES !! BOOHOO FUCKING SHITENDO MILKING MARIO WHILE YOU SUCK HIS FAT DICK NINTENDRONE !!!
Shut the fuck up.
Why do you bother with the trolls. It just makes them want to do it more.
LOL BEST COMEBACK … THAT’S RIGHT BE BUTTHURT YOU WORTHLESS NINTENFAG.
This Ness dude is the new Shitty version of Aeolus.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN NEW? I HAVE BEEN ON THIS SITE FOR A LONG TIME.
On here a long time ttolling? lol. What an awesome way to live. Congrats. Nintendo #1.
You’re a scrawl-ish Ness copy. Sorry about that.
Not as long as good ol’ Anon. =D <3
ALSO: SORRY FOR WHISPERING FAGET.
K, I’ll sit back and play about a dozen of the best games of the year, while you cry yourself to sleep because you bought the latest Gears of War Judgement and God of War Ascension that were crap and worse then their predecessors in nearly every way. Some day it will dawn on you that you have seriously missed out on some amazing games purely because they have “Mario” or “Zelda” in the name is truely sad, then you will realize how much of a “gamer” you really aren’t. Get past what’s in a name and get into the game and you will be much happier, plus you probably won’t be hating on everything so much.
Also, EARTHBOUND FOOL!!!
NESS YOU ARE NOT MATURE. ALL YOU DO IS JUST SCREAM IN CAPS AND COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERY LITTLE BLOODY DETAIL. GET A LIFE!
Definitely agree with you on the Wii U. Don’t know why Nintendo just doesn’t demand Gamefreak to do something real for the Wii U. Hell, they could remake Red and Blue for the Wii U and it’d probably move systems like hotcakes.
Exactly! that’s a great idea. No reason why a Full pokemon game on Wiiu wouldn’t be fantastic with online Play.
if they do that, then how exactly are they going to top it?
My forces and myself are glowing with power after this report!
The 3DS is now better than SNES in every way…
The Wii U will be the next N64/GCN only far better…
Gamer, what is your take on the joyful powers High Command bestows upon us today?…
^ THIS ^
Gay equates to happy, not what it’s equated to these days. Just like children want their rainbow back that lesbians and other groups hijacked. There are other colors and symbols they can use no prejudice just saying. Too many things are personalized that others grew up with. Let’s all respect rights of others but children want their rainbow back.
* Disclaimer * I support the right to life and well being for all man kind. Housing, school and medical attention. I believe in hard work for everything. What I don’t support is favoritism and close-mindedness. In short let’s protect our children and planet first. Then all else you can debate.
AND NO FUCKS WERE GIVEN THAT DAY.
I WRITE IN CAPS. DO WE SPEAK THE SAME LANGUAGE NOW?
Neverthless, we in Nintendo do not discriminate or decline anyone who belongs to the LGBT world…
They are just colours and rainbows anyway, nothing that interfears with our designs or supremacy in any way…
I was talking about the flags and rainbows on the second segment of my words…
The more recruits that joins our Empire, the better they are of from those homophobic, mindless, anti-nintendo Xbots…
Use your brain, things can mean more than once thing at once and in different contexts.
Like do you whine when people say they’re 6 feet tall and say, “no, you only have two feet and you’re standing on them!! Respect the right of feets! Btw, right is a direction, not a moral distinction. Oh my god, words are so cruel and confusing!!!”
I can’t agree on that one. Nintendo is holding back Wii u for obvious reasons. They don’t want to be copied again. Look how quickly Sony and Microsoft copied the tablet controller. They copied it and don’t have any clue what they should do with it. If Ninty starts rolling out info before e3, then we will definitely see clones on rival booths. count on that.
That makes too much sense. You should stop making so much sense before people start stepping down from the ledges they’re perched upon.
Wow, I never thought of it that way, but it makes a lot of sense.
No it doesn’t.
It does not much but it does.
I just thought that they’re saving their games for E3 when the next consoles come out.
Earthbound… It’s… Finally… Here. *sniff* FUCKING SHITENDO!! TOOK YOU THIS FUCKING LONG TO RELEASE A BLOODY SNES GAME TO A VC STORE? WHY DID IT TAKE SO BLOODY LONG?? FUCK MY LIFE!!!
save ur allowances and buy it when its uploaded… stop whining… Didn’t know you wanted Earthbound this badly
If you actually did some research, you should know that it’s actually the west to blame for this, not Nintendo…
Yeah… It’s true. So much crappy red tape! Glad they found their scissors.
STOP WHINING BITCH.
3DS getting a lot of love from Nintendo… I’m hopeful for the Wii U…
DON’T BE HOPEFUL , THE WII U IS A SHINY TURD AND NINTENDO COULDN’T GIVE LESS OF A SHIT ABOUT IT.
Haha I feel bad for you brah lol. Hahaha
I FEEL BAD FOR YOU !! COZ IWATA USES YOU AS HIS SEX SLAVE LOL
NOT AS DRY AS YOUR WII U’S GAME LIBRARY!!! OOOOOOOHH SNAP!!
Harry potter is really angry.
More like Harry P. Ness! :troll face:
Wow Ness is mental.
You can try let’s see what happens ^_- lol
And… that would be a bad thing… how? lol
Guess you won’t be playing Earthbound any time soon then. Suck it up buttercup.
Glad to hear about the announcements, it was an ok ND. I’m still holding out hope that Nintendo will sometime soon, in an update, allow us to have some type of gamer scores… something along the lines of stars or achievements that will be built into the OS instead of made separately for each individual game. They use “accomplishments” in there sports games and Nintendo Land and NSMBU for the challenges, why not integrate that into the OS and give gamers a reason to play games in crazy ways they wouldn’t have thought of before? That’s what achievements do, they make gamers want to play a game in new ways, thus adding lots of replay value. Just my thoughts.
suggest it to Nintendo.
I have, but again I’m only one person. If all fans stood and told nintendo what they want most of all then they would be unable to ignore us, but right now I’m fairly appeased. The future looks bright for the 3ds not a whole lot on te Wii u front… It will get better though.
What i can’t wait for is the Wii U. Its getting Indie Love right now. And i think Ninty is keeping their cards real close and prepping it for e3…. gonna be epic.. i say
this and i still think there are more 3ds games to show.
What a great Direct! I think it certainly did silence some haters. My wallet isn’t going to be too happy when I buy Mario and Luigi Dream Team, Legend of Zelda 3DS, Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages and Seasons, Earthbound, Game and Wario, Pikmin 3, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, Yoshi’s Island 3, New Super Luigi U, Pokemon Y, and a ton of others that have been announced previously. What a great year to be a Nintendo gamer!
Indeed, and in return we as consumers will give them our resources to obtain these lovely artifacts…
Even better afterwards, these resources will give our leaders the powers they need to create even more masterpieces!
Mother/EarthBound coming to American/European Wii U eshop? AWWWW YEAHHH!
That was a great announcement. :)
Totally mind blowing. I didn’t think it would ever happen. I had seriously given up hope.
The return of NESS! you chose the wrong time to return. Nintendo has shifted into third gear; they have something so grand up their sleeves it’s amazing to wait :).
WHAT DO YOU MEAN “RETURN”? I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HERE!!!
You were Ness!!!!! Mind blown….
Damn I’d kill to get that 3rd Yoshi’s Island game on Wii U.
You know there IS a yoshi game coming to Wiiu right ?
Yeah, but that’s Yarn Yoshi – different from Yoshi’s Island. Different game altogether.
Still, I’m just fine with the new Yoshi’s Island on the 3DS. :3
That ain’t even close to being Yoshi’s Island though. It looks good in its own right but it isn’t what I want. What I want for the Wii U is exactly what the 3DS will be getting instead.
and here i thought the new zelda 3ds is worth the wait, what a trash
DKCR 3D, Yoshi’s Island 3D, 3DS Zelda, the Oracle games and any other Virtual Console games I get, Wind Waker HD, Wii U 3D Mario, Mario Kart U, Retro’s game, Watch Dogs, Rayman Legends, and Batman Arkham Origins/Blackgate. Damn I have a lot of games to buy this year, and there are probably still more which are unannounced >.<
be thanful that bravely is coming next year.
Don’t care about JRPG’s, and i’m glad I don’t since i’m able to avoid disappointment when games don’t get localized.
I feel the same, Mikey. I am overloaded with games I want to buy! I am getting Injustice Gods Among Us, Still have to get Luigi’s Mansion 2, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Watchdogs, Pokemon X AND Y, Legend of Zelda Oracles of Ages/Seasons, Zelda 3DS, Rayman Legends, Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD!, I know there are more, but I just can’t think of them off te top of my head. Where am I going to get the freaking money!!! 💋
Pikmin 3 looks gorgeous.
It really does 💋
I hope Majora’s Mask remake will still happen. I remember before when Miyamoto said he would either do something with A Link to the Past or Majora’s Mask… It can happen 5 years from now for all I care, just as long as it does happen eventually.
I wish Earthbound was also coming to 3DS eShop! :( …Okay I might be asking for too much XD Awesome news all around!
My body wasn’t ready!
Mario&Luigi Dream Team, Yoshi’s Island 3DS, Earthbound, Bravely Default, Shin Megami Tensei IV, AND A Link To The Past Sequel!!!
Holy shit, this really is the best Handheld ever made! :D
I think the earliest that Nintendo will bring lots of major updates and games to Wii U will be next year. Just like 3DS, I’m hoping Nintendo is just starting to realize the full potential of this home console. 2013 is the year of the 3DS and is now a must-have device.
I’m guessing 4th quarter this year actually. The updates are alreadying rolling out starting next week, the first increment anyway. Nintendo will do everything in their power (which is a hell of a lot) to make a splash when the other consoles are released. They are going to have the most stable system with equally as many features and a decent library plus cost less then the others. Same strategy as they used with the 3DS.
I certainly hope so. I’m waiting for their E3 updates. I wonder if they still have something up on their sleeves for 3DS though for the years to come.
This is great for Nintendo to get a full surpluss of new games and to believe that Kid Icarus Uprising was going to be one of last few 3DS games I’d buy. Like Dr. Eggman would say: “You know what they say, the more the merrier!”
Holy crap, 3DS looks like it’s gonna be one of the best handhelds. Apart from numerous great games already released, this list is good enough for the rest of its lifetime xD
Games on my list for this year:
Pokemon X or Y
Wind Waker HD
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons
Pikmin 3 – Maybe
Lots of others with a “Maybe” status. I need to wait for more details.
Then there’s Zelda U, Mario Kart U, Super Smash U & 3DS, and maybe Monolith’s “X.”
But beyond all that….Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy FINALLY!
Forgot to add “The Last Story” to my list of games.
All the 3DS games I want to get this year and next year are…
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros.
Mario Golf: World Tour
Mario Party 3DS
Mario & Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Yoshi’s Island 3DS
The Legend of Zelda 3DS
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Pokemon X and Y
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
Project X Zone
LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins
I live in Europe so Fire Emblem: Awakening and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity haven’t been released yet, though Fire Emblem: Awakening will be released this week and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity will be released next month in May over here.
why dont they put the yoshis island on the wii u, come on the piece of shit has no games and i liked yoshis island on a console like how the snes one was, guys as of right now the wii u will probably pull a wii, bye shitendo. no casuals + no good games = your grave
Nah, ’cause the Wii had first-party games. At least the Wii came out with Twilight Princess at launch.
Only Wii U game I’ve gotten that fits MY TASTES (don’t go pulling the whole “MONSTER HUNTER AND SCRIBBLENAUTS AND blahblahblah” argument on me, please) other than NLand is Lego City and that was a complete waste of $50 + tax.
You didn’t like lego city? What are your tastes? What games are you looking for?
I found the gameplay to be really generic. It got boring real fast and the humour usually was a bit over the top. They added a bunch of characters to be but there’s really no use being a random civilian, is there? The story had a chance to be good with a big plot twist but they ruined it by using an overly-used Star Wars joke (menacing villain has a deep evil voice but microphone stops working and sounds like a little girl; showed us who the villain was). I didn’t get much out of it.
I mainly like games that have a good story to hook me (I like a lot more than that, though) or just has gameplay that I find enjoyable. That’s why I play RPGs often.
It may not be Yoshi’s Island, but there is a Yoshi game coming to Wii U.
They also mentioned Panorama View (Demo) coming very soon to the Wii U.
Awesome! Looking forward to that.
I squealed at just about everything. It was one piece of great news after the other and it was GLORIOUS! Only Nintendo could ever make me do that.
I know right. I think I had a tear come to my eye with the mention of Earthbound lol
Seems like their investing a lot of energy in 3DS…what about Wii U!! That direct was like 80% 3DS software -__- Im sure more Wii U news will come soon but man…their probably saving the best news for E3. Wii U flood coming soon! :D
I think it should be obvious that they’re getting all the 3DS announcements out now so E3 will be almost entirely focused on the Wii U.
One word that made today’s Nintendo Direct the best since last January– EARTHBOUND!
When is Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 coming? What about more news for LOZ WiiU? Mario Kart U? Super Mario WiiU? SSB WiiU? Metroid WiiU? Donkey Kong WiiU?
I’ve got two words for ya– E THREE!!!!
Bravery Default and Link to the Past 2 (?) Wooooo!
Guess I have to force myself to prostitution for these games :(
Mario and Luigi? Check
Mario Party (yes I play this with my casual friends)? Check
New Zelda? Check
Bravely Default? Check
Professor Layton? Check
Shin Megami Tensei 4? Check
Animal Crossing? Check
Pokémon X/Y? Check
In other words, this is what happens when you keep your expectations in check. The 3DS is amazing for a handheld, with Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, and Luigi’s Mansion being my favorite games on it. Of course, the list is going to get bigger as these games come out. What people don’t realize is that development takes time, and when the Wii U gets to the point in its life like the 3DS is now, then so many games are going to be released like they are now.
I hope that Earthbound gets SO many downloads that it opens Nintendo’s eyes to how much North America WANTS and LOVES Earthbound. And that they eventually bring some sequels to the US. Though Earthbound didn’t sell very well in North America when it first released, I think it’s more loved and respected now than it EVER was in the beginning. But I myself was one of the earliest fans. I got it when it first came out in stores, and it’s remained my favorite game ever since.
Pingback: Nintendo Germany Lists Wonderful 101 With June 6th Release Date | My Nintendo News
Pingback: Wii U System Update Details | My Nintendo News
Pingback: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D Lacks Idle Animations | My Nintendo News
I just love to read new topics from you blog.,*-’
Great posting. It appears that there are several things are banking on the creative imagination factor. “It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees.” by Dolores Ibarruri..
Having read this I believed it was rather enlightening.
I appreciate you taking the time and energy to put this short article together.
I once again find myself spending a lot of time both reading and leaving comments.
But so what, it was still worthwhile!