Respected video game developer Platinum Games have sat down with Polygon to discuss a number of issues that have been troubling the acclaimed company. Platinum Games admit that they’re happy with their output, but their sales haven’t met company expectations. They also confess that sales of the original Bayonetta weren’t as much as they had originally hoped for. The development studio is working on a number of projects and they’re also investigating iOS and Android development, and they already have prototypes. Here’s some key points from the feature.
- They’re happy with their quality, but not their sales.
- Bayonetta was less than expected.
- They’re currently working on titles for both first and third parties.
- They’re investigating iOS and Android development, and already have prototypes.
- They’re definitely looking into art styles that might appeal more to the West, but also game designs that appeal more to the West.
- However, they still want to make games that they want to make.
- They have also had several canceled games, including one in a well known franchise that was far enough along that they could have made a trailer.