During the Nintendo Direct presentation Nintendo president Satoru Iwata outlined the improvements that the Wii U system update will bring when it’s released next week. There’s a number of fixes which are detailed below. These features include the ability to copy and move data between USB drives and downloading and installing software even if the Wii U console is turned off. The major update to the system is due to be released sometime next week.
- Loading times will be improved when switching between software or when returning to the Wii U menu.
- The ability to copy and move data between USB drives will be added.
- The Wii U will automatically install new software that you have downloaded in the background while playing a game.
- Software updates will automatically be downloaded (even without starting the software).
- You can immediately access Wii Mode while the Wii U is starting up if you hold the B button.
- The Wii U will continue downloading and installing software even if the system is turned off.
- The Wii U Virtual Console will be added the day after the update.