France loves Nintendo. That’s what we can gather from the sales data handily provided by French publication Le Figaro. Nintendo beat the likes of EA and Ubisoft to become the number one video game publisher in the country. It’s not just video games that are selling well, it’s also Amiibo. You can can check out all the juicy sales data below.
- Nintendo was #1 publisher with almost 4.5m games sold in 2014, second year in a row. EA and Ubisoft are #2 and #3
- In the Top 20 for 2014, 8 games are from Nintendo
- Pokémon OR/AS was their #1 games with over 476k sold.
- Tomodachi Life is at 439k on Dec. 31st, over 450k right now (quite popular with children and young girls)
- Smash Bros. 3DS is at 279k (good word of mouth)
- Wii U is at over 510k, #2 behind PS4 but still better than XB1 (roughly 430k iirc). That’s below their expectation (~550k by the end of 2014).
- Smash Bros + Wii U bundle accounted for 1/3 of Nintendo’s total HW sales during the last 2 weeks of the year.
- Wii U is +40% YoY.
- 240k Wii U sold in 2014
- Mario Kart 8 sold 346k
- amiibo at 200k
- 20k amiibo sold last week. Right now, most people buying them do so for collecting. So this year, they’re gonna emphasize the use in games.
- MM3D N3DS already out of stock
- Betting big on MH, which usually sells 100k/game.