A free game update for IRONFALL Invasion is available for its players, providing a number of in-game improvements that look to enhance the gameplay experience. Available now on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS, the game has been updated by the developers VD-DEV after taking into account fan feedback on both Miiverse and Twitter since it released in February.
IRONFALL Invasion has been made exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems by a team of just three developers, bringing intense 60 frames per second action and fluid gameplay that also maximises the unique features of New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL, with the system’s C Stick allowing for quick and precise aiming. The game has already been downloaded by more than 300,000 players worldwide, with more players joining the fray every day.
Moving forward, the developers will be continuing to monitor game-related feedback on Miiverse and Twitter as they prepare for a major game update this summer. In the meantime, specific details of this first update are:
New features for all IRONFALL Invasion players:
• In the Controls menu of the game’s settings, the “Aim Sensitivity” and “Camera Sensitivity” sliders have been expanded with more increments to allow for finer tuning according to the player’s preference.
• In Multiplayer: in the “free-for-all” game mode, players who leave a game before the end have their score reset.
• In Multiplayer: the range of the “shock gun” item has been increased.
• In Multiplayer: the damage and bullet statistics of the “grenade launcher”, “explosive rifle” and “shotgun” items have been adjusted accordingly to reflect balance issues noticed in user comments.
• In Multiplayer: the respawn algorithm has been improved.
• During a sprint, it is now easier to turn left and right.
• The U-turn command (pressing back twice) has been improved to decrease involuntary U-turns; it is now necessary to press back twice in a faster way than before.
New features for players having purchased IRONFALL Invasion content:
• In Multiplayer: when joining a quick online match, it is possible for players to filter out the “Tanks (Demo)” map from their quick online match search, to allow for more variety in the automatic selection of arenas.
• In Multiplayer: players will now remain invincible for 4 seconds when they respawn.
• In Multiplayer: players will now also receive credits if they finish in second place.
• It is now possible to take cover while sprinting.
• There is now an additional lock-on on the vertical (Y) axis in aim mode.