We all know the second piece of paid Mario Kart 8 downloadable content is coming tomorrow bringing a range of new tracks and a few new characters. We now also know what’s going to be included in the free software update that’s coming tomorrow alongside the DLC, which also includes the 200cc mode. Here’s the patch notes for the 4.0 update.
● Animal Crossing DLC Pack 2 is available for download
● 9 new Amiibo Suits added
200cc class added
● Grand Prix: Must beat all cups on 150cc to play Grand Prix on 200cc
● VS race: 200cc can be selected from the beginning.
● Online play custom rules: 200cc can be selected from the beginning.
● Friend Lobby: 200cc can be selected from the beginning.
● Tournament settings: 200cc can be selected from the beginning.
● When you Brake while Drifting in 200cc mode, sparks will fly from your tires.
● Breaking now possible while drifting using the Wii Remote by pushing B, 1, & 2 buttons at the same time.
● Able to add CPU players to Online Custom Rules, but only human players will count for scoring.
● Pressing the minus button on the following controllers will now put the map on the screen:
-Wii U Pro Controller
-Wii Remote + Nun-chuck
● The seasons on the Animal Crossing course are random except in Time Trials, which is limited to Summer only.
● 10 new stamps added for use in Miiverse posts
● Bug Fixes