Without a doubt, the Kickstarter for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night has been a resounding success. The spiritual successor to the Castlevania series still has cash rolling in, basically guaranteeing that this will be the gothic Metroidvania that fans have been pining for. As of this writing, there are only four days left for crowd-funding, and if you take a gander at the Kickstarter page, you’ll see that Koji Igarashi still has one stretch goal left to reveal.
The funding is currently hovering around $3.6 million, absolutely destroying its initial goal of $500,00. The following are the remaining revealed goals:
- $3.75 million – Orchestrated music will make it onto the official soundtrack, composed by Castlevania veteran Michiru Yamane.
- $4 million – Real time online multiplayer challenge mode added.
- $4.25 million – A third playable character will be added to the roster. The game has a new cast, so who this character will be is entirely unknown.
- $4.5 million – A retro-styled, bite-sized prequel game will be released on consoles a little bit in advance to set up the story for the main game.
- $4.75 million – The prequel game will be released on the 3DS and Vita.
While it’s kind of tough to believe that the loftiest of these goals will be reached in four days, who really knows? After all, major Kickstarter projects historically have had massive spikes at the very beginning and end of funding. So, if you haven’t backed it yet, do these new stretch goals persuade?