Like any other company, DeNA is reviewing their earnings for this quarter — luckily, Takashi Mochizuki of the Wall Street Journal tweeted out the earnings report and we have learned a few key things:
- Miitomo, Nintendo’s first mobile game previously announced at Nintendo’s investor meeting, was delayed. Originally they meant to release before March 2016, however they waited to ensure quality and optimal launch timing.
- Miitomo and My Nintendo are set to launch simultaneously, globably in 8 languages and 100 countries.
- Miitomo won’t be the only free-to-play game with microtransaction — seemingly another one is in development.
- DeNA’s reason for launching the Tomodachi-like Miitomo first, in conjunction with Nintendo’s new loyalty program “My Nintendo” is to build the foundation via a platform that will continually keep players engaged.
- Two games (including Miitomo) is expected for 2016; five total should be released by 2017.
If you want to check out the files yourself, check out the photos below!