Windows 95 Has Been Ported To Nintendo 3DS

This is something you probably never thought would happen, but Windows 95 has successfully been ported to the Nintendo 3DS. Yes, there’s also video footage available to back up the claim which first started on the GBA Temp forums. It is by no means complete and it is nowhere near as speedy as your desktop OS, but it is a start!

Source / Via

Thanks, Cheatmaster30

1. Oh good, now I can emulate the playstation version of pokemon on my emulated windows 95 on my 3DS and will be like it is 100% legit.

2. koshua5 says:

Take that, Microsoft!

3. TurdFurgy says:

So where was the video proof? All I saw was a still image of the Windows 95 logo for 2 minutes.

1. TurdFurgy says:

Looks like I skipped over the two seconds that mattered. My bad.

2. Most of the video was just a loading screen. At about 1:10, Windows tried to access the C: drive and failed. It then reset to the loading screen for the rest of the video. It’s not a working port yet, but it’s better than nothing. I think that’s correct, anyway. I dropped I.T. after GCSE because it didn’t teach me anything.

4. HollowGrapeJ says:

Uh… what?

5. kungfunaomi says:

NO WAY!! That’s cool in the sense that it’s geeky but I’d rather have a computer.

6. buttbadger says:

“Windows 95 has successfully been ported to the Nintendo 3DS”
    I will call this sucessful when the 3DS will reach the desktop.
    They’re getting close to, though… Keep going.

1. Nintendo Tetrarch Quadramus-NX says:

>>>Successfully and successful are two different meanings of the same origin>>>

7. vbgenechten says:

Why not something that actually maters… Like Android? This is still funny tough, but it’s so irrelevant. AIt feels like Android could be so much easier and optimiseable for this.

1. Android would run awfully on 3DS unless they ported one of the original versions of it. It probably wouldn’t fare much better on a New 3DS, either. Iirc there isn’t much RAM to go around, and as we all know, the 3DS doesn’t always handle its own OS smoothly. At least Windows 95 was used on utter dinosaurs XD

8. they should port raspbian, if it runs on raspberry pi it should run on 3DS, they’re both ARM based right?

9. dant2142 says:

Ported? Last time I checked, no one had either obtained the source code for Windows 95 or reverse engineered it. This is almost certainly being emulated by the 3DS using a port of QEMU.

10. 💃I'm a Boss Ass Bitch💯 says:

Booo! If your computer took that long to start up. Then I must say, you old bitches have quite the patience. I would thrown that shit out of a window waiting that fucking long for it to boot up

1. Nintendo Tetrarch Quadramus-NX says:

>>>Patience is something you younglings lack today, furthermore that disease have been spreading itself to a big portion of the older generations which of course makes them weak cattle aswell>>>

1. 💃I'm a Boss Ass Bitch💯 says:

The patience with human beings has never fucking existed. That’s we try to force ourselves to push whatever is so slow or outdated to the best of it potential. But since you old bitches were exposed to this “primitive” technology you wouldn’t no any better to fucking wait.

1. Nintendo Tetrarch Quadramus-NX says:

>>>I know everything that is important to know, the only thing left is Xbot extinction along with the human cattle>>>

1. 💃I'm a Boss Ass Bitch💯 says:

Rigth….. sure this trifling Xbox sons of bitches need to died out. But the human race will never fucking die out. But wish away my good sire. I’m just telling you that you’ll be fucking crushed in the end.

1. Nintendo Tetrarch Quadramus-NX says:

>>>Your limited understand is warranted as you are all too young and oblivious to the grandest of designs>>>

>>>Meanwhile, do you still play Xenoblade?>>>

1. 💃I'm a Boss Ass Bitch💯 says:

Oh I fucking understand. I Just Simply have different way of thinking.
                Yeah I still play it. It’s just that I’ve tried out fire emblem awakening for first time and so fucking addicting. Why?

1. Nintendo Tetrarch Quadramus-NX says:

>>>Ok, There is just not much left to do for me anyway, I just yesterday found out that this Mia character is also a recruitable character and I have to bring her up to affinity 4 to play her affinity mission…>>>

>>>Otherwise I have 100% on all continents except Noctilum which is only Telethia missing but I have no chance at all right now against it>>>

>>>And also 90%+ on 4/6 districts in NLA with the Barracks and Ma-Non ships 100% done>>>

2. 💃I'm a Boss Ass Bitch💯 says:

Wonna take on the telethia or the global menace?

1. Nintendo Tetrarch Quadramus-NX says:

>>>Not today, tomorrow or something if you can>>>

1. 💃I'm a Boss Ass Bitch💯 says:

Yeah I can tomorrow though. I still have a level 30 skell. I’ll try tonight to get to level 60 and a level 50 skell. It will benefit us greatly.

1. Nintendo Tetrarch Quadramus-NX says:

>>>Good, I have the Ares 90 but it’s still useless against Telethia with my current equipment>>>

2. 💃I'm a Boss Ass Bitch💯 says:

Damn fucking overachiever. The epuipment on the ares 90 is unchangeable due to the fact that it all build into the skell. Unless you’re talking about battle augments

3. Nintendo Tetrarch Quadramus-NX says:

>>>True but I’m thinking you can also add 4 more things to it using Miranium bought upgrades right?>>>

>>>If not, I require the best augments possible and at least one more Ares 90 too>>>

4. 💃I'm a Boss Ass Bitch💯 says:

Why do you need of them? One Ares 901 is already fucking bad ass enough. I Know very little about the augments myself. But i know for sure that they have augments that work well on different types of enemies. For an example, on my lailah skell. I have augments on mechanical enemies hyper – blah – blah however you spell that fucking word. I have humanoid and I insects one on my ground gear. Whatever the hell type of monster the telethia and it’s brethren are, those type of augments should be used when going up against them.

5. Nintendo Tetrarch Quadramus-NX says:

>>>Well I’ll let you know if it works better once I create better augments>>>

6. 💃I'm a Boss Ass Bitch💯 says:

Nice. Tell me how your research plays out. I would do it my self. But I just simply don’t have the fucking time anymore.

7. Nintendo Tetrarch Quadramus-NX says:

>>>Me neither, soon the new otherwordly semester starts>>>

8. 💃I'm a Boss Ass Bitch💯 says:

Same. My first semester of college starts soon. My path to game developer being in fucking two months. Soon You bitches will grovel at my fucking feet.

9. Nintendo Tetrarch Quadramus-NX says:

>>>Excellent, hopefully you will make the empire proud someday and never join the infected disease known as Xbox>>>

10. 💃I'm a Boss Ass Bitch💯 says:

Who knows where I’ll end up though. My Target company is a division somewhere in nintendo. If that’s a failure than I’ll simply make my own fucking game development studio and try to get recruited by Nintendo.

11. Nintendo Tetrarch Quadramus-NX says:

>>>Good good, I don’t want to destroy you if you ever went to those vermin>>>

11. thenintendoreviewer says:

I don’t really know what to say to that. But I think I’ll stick with the OS on my desktop.

12. tobiyyah says:

Why would Nintendo accept this over Banjo Kazooie? Thats Stupid.

13. Mike Smith says:

I guess my question is: What’s the possible point in running 20 year old software on a 3D machine anyway? Why not just find an old computer and put 95 on it? I probably have 3 or 4 around here that could be used.

14. HAHAHA, my god I can’t stop laughing I’m coughing now more then laughing HAHAHAHA

1. koshua5 says:

Wait wait wait, are you coughing then laughing, or laughing then coughing?

15. SinEater says:

O_o Video evidence my ass.
    It spent over half the video sitting on the title screen and then the one attempt that was shown to actually open Windows failed.
    Yup, I’m convinced.

What purpose would Windows serve on a 3DS anyway?
    I’m genuinely interested here but this tells squat.

16. The nightmare is starting. Microsoft is aiming to take/ruin Nintendo just like they did to Rare. XP

1. tobiyyah says:

That is if Nintendo don’t ruin themselves first.

1. Already too late on that one. lol

17. tobiyyah says:

Its almost time for the NAIAS y’all. Cars cars and more cars. Hyundai and Kia are working on Toyota Prius killers. Honda has a 2016 Civic.

18. holonboy says:

“It is by no means complete.”

Well, that’s the understatement of the century.

19. Jaded_Drybones says:

They shoulda used a New 3DS! Tisk, tisk.

1. Jaded_Drybones says:

I spoke too soon. I think it was a N3DS.

20. Solitaire on the go!