1) Nintendo president Kimishima just published his plans for 2016 in news paper Mainichi Shimbun (http://mainichi.jp/articles/20160115…08/020/012000c). Here’s the gist:
2) Kimishima says Nintendo wants to surprise fans with new ideas – not build on old ones. Nintendo will in 2016 release “details” on the NX.
3) Kimishima claims the expansion to smartphones and theme parks, but also to movies and TV animes (via character licensing) is progressing.
4) He says it’s vital for Nintendo to experiment with new business models. He confirms the first smartphone app will be rolled out in March.
5) Kimishima promises smartphone apps with Nintendo’s famous characters in 2016. He wants to bring the company’s financials to a new level.
6) The plan is to bring profits to 100 billion yen ($855 million) in “several years”. [Note: that would be 4x of last year’s profit.]