Remember loading up your SEGA Master System or Genesis with the raddest cartridge back in the day and playing for hours? Well, you may not be a kid anymore, but we’ve got the illest cure for your feelings of nostalgia, because the SEGA 3D Classics Collection will be released physically and digitally in the Americas! Sega will be hooking playas up with nine old school games — that have been powered up with fresh new visuals and content by the fly M2 posse — for the Nintendo 3DS system on April 26. (Alright, that’s enough 90s corporate video game store training video, we apologize for subjecting you to it.)
The SEGA 3D Classics Collection, available on the Nintendo eShop and in retail stores contains nine classic SEGA games originally released on SEGA’s Master System and Genesis consoles:
• Power Drift – A high octane sprite-based circuit racer.
• Puyo Puyo 2 – A head-to-head competitive puzzle game.
• Maze Walker – A 3D mystery adventure.
• Fantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa-Opa – A classic psychedelic scrolling shooter.
• Fantasy Zone II W – Fantasy Zone II W is basically an updated version of the game above.
• Sonic The Hedgehog – Control the iconic character in the classic fast-paced platformer.
• Thunder Blade – Helicopters, guns, missiles and explosions. What more do you need?
• Galaxy Force II – Save the galaxy in this space themed3D shoot ’em up.
• Altered Beast – A beat ’em up set in ancient Greece.
You may have noticed that some of the games in the collection are already available à la carte only on the Nintendo eShop, and wonder why you need the SEGA 3D Classics Collection. Well, in addition to getting a physical release, the collection includes four games that haven’t been released on the 3DS before (two of which never made it out of Japan!), and the total for the nine games clocks in at just $29.99/CA$44.99.