The Italian App Store for iPhone is showing a new Pokemon game called Pokemon: Magikarp Jump, and it’s ready to download right now.
— Serebii.net (@SerebiiNet) May 17, 2017
Here are some details for Pokemon: Magikarp Jump:
- Start off by being introduced to Professor Karp, who will introduce the world of Pokémon
- When you capture them each Magikarp will have a level, as well as a Motif and an Individual Bonus
- Missions put you against other Magikarp and you have to see which Magikarp jumps the highest
- After the first mission, you get 100 Diamonds and 5 Fresh Water bottles and 2 Super
- At least 20 different kind of Magikarp to collect
- Buy decorations for your Magikarp tank which have various bonuses
- Microtransactions: 50 Diamonds: £0.9, 250 Diamond: £4.99, 550 Diamonds: £9.99, 1,200 Diamonds £19.99, 2,150 Diamonds £33.99
- After each world you get a badge and the game will save an image for you to share about your victory. Currently 6 badges to collect
- Pokémon you can unlock as support are Pikachu, Charizard, Snorlax, Slowpoke, Litten, Rowlet, Popplio, Piplup, Meowth and Bulbasaur. Poplup, Meowth and Bulbasaur unlock as you complete other worlds, the rest require purchasing
- When you lose, your Magikarp is released into the wild but it will sometimes come back in the background but you have to capture a new one and begin the world again.
We’re yet to hear news of the game being made available in other territories but I’m sure it won’t be too long before we learn more.