A few days ago, we reported that Famitsu confirmed Splatoon 2 had sold 670,955 physical copies in the first three days of the games’ release. We now have a bit more of an insight into how well the title performed in Japan which includes attach-rates and sell-through figures from its initial shipment. It’s also worth noting that The Nintendo Switch console saw impressive sales as well with 100,000 units being snapped up in the midst of stock shortages. Check out the points below:
- Between July 17 and July 23, there was a 251.55 percent increase in total software sales in Japan
- 987,000 units of software were sold altogether
- Switch sold 100k units, making for the second best week yet
- Splatoon 2 more than doubled the amount of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (285,000 copies in its first week)
- Splatoon 2’s attach rate is 54.14 percent, which is even higher than Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s 36.64 percent
- Sold through 65% of its initial shipment
Needless to say, we loved the game. You can find out why in our review here.